Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Cavs with LBJ are going to the finals at least. Let's not be naive here. Who in the East is going to beat that team? MAYBE Chicago with Melo added and a healthy Rose.
    US................................................ ................I hope
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      If Bron goes to Cleveland I hope Wiggins gets shipped. I don't think he would develop well in James shadow
      Not necessarily true. It might actually be good for the first few years as he can focus on becoming a better shooter and a lockdown defender. As LBJ ages his offensive role will grow and he'll have a chance to blossom as a scorer. Similar to the Paul George situation.

Comment

• If Cleveland offers Wiggins, Bennet, Thompson for Love who says no?
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
          Not necessarily true. It might actually be good for the first few years as he can focus on becoming a better shooter and a lockdown defender. As LBJ ages his offensive role will grow and he'll have a chance to blossom as a scorer. Similar to the Paul George situation.
          that actually makes some sense

Comment

Things might finally be heating up
            Ray Allen is older than dirt and this makes little to no sense to bring in a guy who struggled all last year and is now a year older to boot. However, if LBJ says sign Ray and I will come then the Cavs send a limo to his house and sign him in the driveway..
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

If Cleveland offers Wiggins, Bennet, Thompson for Love who says no?
              Cleveland doesn't have to offer nearly that much because Minnesota has no leverage.

Love is leaving regardless. Wiggins alone is more than enough return.

Comment

• Wiggins would likely start at the 2 with James at the 3. This is one scary tall wing line up.
                Myself (March 2014):
                The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  Ray Allen is older than dirt and this makes little to no sense to bring in a guy who struggled all last year and is now a year older to boot. However, if LBJ says sign Ray and I will come then the Cavs send a limo to his house and sign him in the driveway..
                  How in all hell did Ray struggle last year? His 3PT% was a little lower than normal at 38%. But he had a 59 TS% and scored 10ppg off the bench. That's higher volume and more efficient bench production than most 2-guards give you.

Comment

• Lost in the Lebron shuffle is the Gordon Hayward 4 year 63M offer sheet.
                    How good does Kyle's deal at 12$M per look against the ~16M per for Hayward.

THe DEE-TROIT Pistons must be now in full panic mode as if Gordon Hayward can get a max deal @16M for 4 can't see how Greg Monroe will not get that either.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• The Cavs are trying to woo free agent Ray Allen, reports Chris Broussard of ESPN.com (on Twitter), but the shooting guard is strongly considering retirement, as Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders hears (Twitter link).
                      Frankly CLE would make a better move by signing a big with that 4 million.
                      Myself (March 2014):
                      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Woj I see is getting some competition from Broussard on these events.

Comment

• Ray Allen the way he plays could play until he is 45 years old if he wanted to. Extremely high IQ lethal shooter.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                            That's if they don't have a Waiters or Wiggins trade lined up.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                              Andray Blatche

Comment

• And it won't cost 4M to sign Ray Allen imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X