No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey if masai can right the ship that was lowry prior to this last season, don't see why he can't do it with blatche.

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Utah should've paid Hayward the 11 he was asking last year. Now if they want to keep him - ow.

It's the right move for Charlotte, though. An overpay, but Hayward's a good player and on a decent team he has the potential to go Harden.

If I'm Utah I'm looking for a sign-and-trade. A pick, maybe Gerald Henderson or Bismack Biyombo. Get back some talent, Charlotte does it because they can go after another decent FA. Makes sense.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            Utah should've paid Hayward the 11 he was asking last year. Now if they want to keep him - ow.

It's the right move for Charlotte, though. An overpay, but Hayward's a good player and on a decent team he has the potential to go Harden.

If I'm Utah I'm looking for a sign-and-trade. A pick, maybe Gerald Henderson or Bismack Biyombo. Get back some talent, Charlotte does it because they can go after another decent FA. Makes sense.
            16/4/5 on a horrible Jazz team with 16 PER gets a max contract from Hornets. GMs must be on crack

Also Harden showed 100x more promise than this for someone to take a gamble on him
            Last edited by MACK11; Wed Jul 9, 2014, 01:31 AM.
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Hornets GM is a buffoon LMAO

2014-15: $14.8m
              2015-16: $15.47m
              2016-17: $16.13m
              2017-18: $16.8m

For Gordon Hayward? BAHAHAHAHHAH
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                Utah should've paid Hayward the 11 he was asking last year. Now if they want to keep him - ow.

The sides never came close on a deal, remaining several million dollars apart, league sources told Yahoo. Hayward had been seeking a deal in the four-year, $50-million plus range, sources said.
                At $52mm it would have been $13mm a year and I don't blame Lindsey for being uncomfortable with that. Maybe he wanted to be pushed into the max if he had to pay it. But if they were legitimately uncomfortable with it, then a sign and trade is the best option.

The rookie max isn't as crazy as a veteran max but it's still pretty unpalatable for a guy who's a third option at best.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Hornets GM is a buffoon LMAO

2014-15: $14.8m
                  2015-16: $15.47m
                  2016-17: $16.13m
                  2017-18: $16.8m

For Gordon Hayward? BAHAHAHAHHAH
                  yes it was an insane, but you can not disagree that the Bobcats are a bit stronger today as a result, and they already proven to be a tough adversary for the Raptors to deal with.

Comment

• This is a future salary dump waiting to happen. It's just terrible.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      This is a future salary dump waiting to happen. It's just terrible.
                      It makes them stronger. That's what matters for the next two season. And it's not like Charlotte is a prime FA paradise.

But you're right if things go south, it's gonna cost them a pick in about 2 years. LOL.

Comment

• Once the bobcats got Jefferson this was the only route they could go. Overpaying a pseudo-star and hoping it pans out.

Kemba/Hayward/gilchrist/vonleh/Jefferson looks really good though

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                          Once the bobcats got Jefferson this was the only route they could go. Overpaying a pseudo-star and hoping it pans out.

Kemba/Hayward/gilchrist/vonleh/Jefferson looks really good though
                          yep only i think zeller will start

kemba/hayward/MKG/jefferson/zeller

with gerald henderson, hairston, vonleh and taylor coming off the bench. not bad at all.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            yep only i think zeller will start

kemba/hayward/MKG/jefferson/zeller

with gerald henderson, hairston, vonleh and taylor coming off the bench. not bad at all.
                            I agree with this Vonleh is only 19, and a young 19. Hornets would be idiots to give him too much playing time.
                            Myself (March 2014):
                            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• hmmm i wonder if MU could swing a deal for MKG. there's not going to be enough minutes to go around for all those guys.

it'd probably be more like gerald henderson coming back but a boy can dream
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• i know the jazz are saying they'll match any deal for hayward but i can't see them match that max deal. i think they figured the most a team would drop on him was 12 per or so.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X