No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another example would be...PHX has like 19 rookie deals...if they make a splash thats a lot of good to great prospects that will flying out of that pool
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      The difference is we have Lou Williams now and can bring back De Colo for cheap. GV made such a massive difference because our backups were Buycks/Stone, aka hot garbage. Any real NBA PG could have made a huge difference over that terrible tandem.
      I think you are giving Lou way too much credit. He is a Jamal Crawford type player. He is good 1on1, but he cannot initiate the offence unless its an iso play for him.

Comment

• Oh okay I get it now. Thanks guys
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
          NOPE we can't get Harris on the team we already have Hansbrough. We already have two DD's in Demar and Deandre, two TH's would fuck everyone up soooo bad
          To funny ... Still if there was any way to get another TH or a Canuck Andrew Nicholson out of Orlando while retaining PP + GV that would be simply awesome. Incredibly unlikely but awesome.

Just think a few days ago we were cutting our collective wrists when we missed out on the 5th PG taken in the draft at the 20 slot.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
            I think you are giving Lou way too much credit. He is a Jamal Crawford type player. He is good 1on1, but he cannot initiate the offence unless its an iso play for him.
            I'm with you. Also if we move Lou to point guard then we need to find a new backup shooting guard and I'm feeling any of the ones available in free agency. I think GV and Williams will be better than any Lou and whoever combo we can find. Unless we make some kind of trade.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              If our option after GV was Buycks/Stone, then we'd absolutely have to bring him back. As is, with Williams and the possibility of cheaply resigning De Colo, I'm not so worried. GV is a better passer than Lou Will, but he's a worse defender and less efficient shooter. I'd also rather not tie up a bunch of salary in backup PG (8th man most likely).
              Less efficient shooter?

Lou Williams over the last 4 seasons has put up FG% of 40.6%, 40.7%, 42.2%, 40.0%.
              Greivis over the last 4 seasons?
              40.8%, 43.0%, 43.3%, 42.1%.

3 point shooting?
              Lou over the last 4 years:
              34.8%, 36.2%, 36.7%, 34.2%
              Greivis:
              29.1%, 31.9%, 34.2%, 37.7%(38.9% I'm Toronto)

Clearly a smarter shooter cuz he's not a chucker and actually drives every now and then and his three pointer has shown improvement every year in the league.

And as for being a worse defender, they're both liabilities on defense. Greivis can at least use his size to slow down defenders.

C'mon man I agree Patman is more important than Gravy but Lou at point is a considerable downgrade from Gravy and we have the money to sign both Gravy and Patman.

And don't get me started on de colo, dude can't shoot at all.

We can and should sign both Greivis and Patrick, and in doing so let Nando walk.

Btw 8th man?? Greivis was clearly our 6th man last year playing minutes down the stretch before Ross at times and Lou is not a better player so expect Greivis to remain our 6th man.

Comment

• Last pick vs First pick

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Last pick vs First pick
                  One was made out to be a Superstar and nobody knows the other

Kyrie is gonna make 18 mill per now and Thomas would be happy to make half that
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Isiah Thomas is still the best PG available.
                    Myself (March 2014):
                    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• I think both should be resigned. 2Pat is worth 6-7 over 4 years, especially with Amir expiring after this year. It's basically the same deal that Amir received and we all scoffed at it when he signed it. It's a good contract for his abilities and his potential.

As for GV, he's a good back up that brings a different style of game to the mix. Lous Williams and him will be able to feed off eachother just as Lowry and GV did last year. Lou Williams is a SG in our line up with some playmaking ability. I think Vasquez should be right around what Darren Collison got. 3/15-16M or 4 at 20M

Core going forward:
                      DeMar, Lowry, Jonas, Ross, Bruno, 2Pat, GV, Bebe, and possibly Amir. If the Raptors can develop this young team and the future draft picks we should be a good team. Having team chemistry goes a long way.
                      Last edited by saints91; Thu Jul 3, 2014, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Less efficient shooter?

Lou Williams over the last 4 seasons has put up FG% of 40.6%, 40.7%, 42.2%, 40.0%.
                        Greivis over the last 4 seasons?
                        40.8%, 43.0%, 43.3%, 42.1%.

3 point shooting?
                        Lou over the last 4 years:
                        34.8%, 36.2%, 36.7%, 34.2%
                        Greivis:
                        29.1%, 31.9%, 34.2%, 37.7%(38.9% I'm Toronto)

Clearly a smarter shooter cuz he's not a chucker and actually drives every now and then and his three pointer has shown improvement every year in the league.

And as for being a worse defender, they're both liabilities on defense. Greivis can at least use his size to slow down defenders.

C'mon man I agree Patman is more important than Gravy but Lou at point is a considerable downgrade from Gravy and we have the money to sign both Gravy and Patman.

And don't get me started on de colo, dude can't shoot at all.

We can and should sign both Greivis and Patrick, and in doing so let Nando walk.

Btw 8th man?? Greivis was clearly our 6th man last year playing minutes down the stretch before Ross at times and Lou is not a better player so expect Greivis to remain our 6th man.
                        Thank you! Both NEED to be resigned. Period. I would sacrifice Nando and even the full MLE just to bring them both back. Because I'm not feeling any of the backup Small Forwards or Shooting Guards that we can realistically get in free agency anyway

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          One was made out to be a Superstar and nobody knows the other

Kyrie is gonna make 18 mill per now and Thomas would be happy to make half that
                          One is 6'2, the other is 5'9.

That's a BIG difference.

Comment

...we have the money to sign both Gravy and Patman.
                            That's the problem, I don't think we do.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              I think both should be resigned. 2Pat is worth 6-7 over 4 years, especially with Amir expiring after this year. It's basically the same deal that Amir received and we all scoffed at it when he signed it. It's a good contract for his abilities and his potential.

As for GV, he's a good back up that brings a different style of game to the mix. Lous Williams and him will be able to feed off eachother just as Lowry and GV did last year. Lou Williams is a SG in our line up with some playmaking ability. I think Vasquez should be right around what Darren Collison got. 3/15-16M or 4 at 20M

Core going forward:
                              DeMar, Lowry, Jonas, Ross, Bruno, 2Pat, GV, Bebe, and possibly Amir. If the Raptors can develop this young team and the future draft picks we should be a good team. Having team chemistry goes a long way.
                              Exactly!

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                                That's the problem, I don't think we do.
                                Well they need to find a way

Comment

Working...
                                X