Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Can't. Offer sheets to RFA's have to be at least 2 years, with any option years coming AFTER those two years.

His course of action is to try to get that 12M from another team for 3 years with the third year being a PO. That way he gets security, and also a chance to opt out in 2016 when the cap skyrockets for a big money longer term deal if he is healthy.
    k

Comment

• Shot at Melo?

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post

Can I just say that something about this kid makes me think at some point he is going to stick and do quite well. I think he is one of those guys that has his development hampered by poor situations.
        If by poor situations you mean chronic injuries...then yes.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          If by poor situations you mean chronic injuries...then yes.
          That too. Either way he could be a really good role player in this league...
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

He's pretty much never healthy though. Hard to stick in a role if you can't go 50 games without some body part breaking down.

Comment

He is an Alan Anderson type of player. I think his peak is average.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                He is an Alan Anderson type of player. I think his peak is average.
                not really, he's more of a 3 and D type player. think danny green.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• LMAO! How STUPID can you be???? If this is true, that the Cavs offered Wiggins, Bennett and a 1st for Love and the Wolves say no we want more. Then the Wolves GM(Flip Saunders?) should be fired IMMEDIATELY. You can't get a better return than Wiggins and Bennett.

Really hope the Cavs keep Wiggins now. And the Wolves lose Love for nothing.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    LMAO! How STUPID can you be???? If this is true, that the Cavs offered Wiggins, Bennett and a 1st for Love and the Wolves say no we want more. Then the Wolves GM(Flip Saunders?) should be fired IMMEDIATELY. You can't get a better return than Wiggins and Bennett.

Really hope the Cavs keep Wiggins now. And the Wolves lose Love for nothing.

Looooooool What the hell is wrong with the Wolves front office? You gotta take that and run!
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Saunders is playing this brilliantly. Patience is important. He's creating a bidding war between Cleveland and Golden State. Squeeze as much out of them as possible then pull the trigger. The summer has just started.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Saunders is playing this brilliantly. Patience is important. He's creating a bidding war between Cleveland and Golden State. Squeeze as much out of them as possible then pull the trigger. The summer has just started.
                        Golden State? so you're saying they're hoping that the Warriors put Klay Thompson on the table???

Give me Andrew Wiggins over Klay Thompson any day of the week and twice on sundays.

You can't get a better return for Love than what the Cavs reportedly offer.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Looooooool What the hell is wrong with the Wolves front office? You gotta take that and run!
                          I agree, run like bandits before the Cavs get to their senses.

Comment

• From GSW POV losing Lee + Thompson + Barnes and adding Love doesn't make therm better. Losing two good starters for one isn't a good idea unless that player is LeBron or Durant.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              From GSW POV losing Lee + Thompson + Barnes and adding Love doesn't make therm better. Losing two good starters for one isn't a good idea unless that player is LeBron or Durant.
                              It always strike me by the fact that Kevin Love is a stat stuffer when it comes to points and rebounds, yet the Wolves have been a bad team throughout his tenure with no playoff appearance to show. If he plays next to Lebron will he even avg 20 points and 10 rebounds per game?! his defence is below average and in the playoffs that is what wins you games.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Golden State? so you're saying they're hoping that the Warriors put Klay Thompson on the table???

Give me Andrew Wiggins over Klay Thompson any day of the week and twice on sundays.

You can't get a better return for Love than what the Cavs reportedly offer.
                                Wiggins is just potential right now.. may not pan out. Bennett sucked last year and could be a bust. A first rounder with Lebron on the team could be a pick in the high 20's. So the deal is really Wiggins for Love, and I think Minny is looking for something where they can win now and in the future.

Klay is arguably better than Andrew right now. Lee is a starting caliber PF. Barnes is potentially better than Bennett. And Minny could be looking for more.. ie, additional picks, additional prospects.

Why do the deal now? Why not wait another month? It's not like the Cavs can find someone better than Love to make Lebron happier. In the meantime GSW could make a better offer knowing the Cavs are willing to deal Andrew Wiggins.

Saunders is in the drivers seat.. he's playing this situation out the same way Masai played out the Melo trade. With patience he might get an even better deal. What if Cavs throw in Thompson as well? Or Miami's first rounder and their own first rounder? Or Waiters? Or all of the above? What if GSW decides to throw in Ezeli or Green or better picks (with less protections)?

I'd want the most for my top 5 player.. and he's got two teams potentially willing to sell the farm to get that guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X