Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Pierce signing shocked me but I like it for the Wiz. Good vet presence. Definitely a top 3-4 team in the east.
    Washington was a distant 5th. How do they suddenly jump 2-3 spots by getting worse.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Washington was a distant 5th. How do they suddenly jump 2-3 spots by getting worse.
      They got better and the heat/pacers got much worse
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

if you think Toronto got better by adding James johnson, Bebe, Bruno & Lou then the Wiz got even better by adding Paul Pierce.

IMHO they both got better because of Continuity with their roster. To say Wiz got worse cuz they lost Ariza and added Pierce is ridiculous.

Comment

• Deng signed with Miami

$20m, 2 year, eto

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            They got better and the heat/pacers got much worse
            Exchanging contract year Ariza for Pierce who can't play SF anymore is a downgrade. Playing small with PP and Porter in and Nene out is bad. Losing Ariza is crushing, Beal and Wall are going to be dominated by opposing SF on the poerimeter.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              Deng signed with Miami

$20m, 2 year, eto
              WOW!

i would assume Miami is gonna go after another big fish. Bledsoe? Monroe? Stephenson?

Comment

Exchanging contract year Ariza for Pierce who can't play SF anymore is a downgrade. Playing small with PP and Porter in and Nene out is bad. Losing Ariza is crushing, Beal and Wall are going to be dominated by opposing SF on the poerimeter.
                Agree to disagree I guess.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                  WOW!

i would assume Miami is gonna go after another big fish. Bledsoe? Monroe? Stephenson?
                  If they got Bledsoe they'd have a pretty nice team, actually.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

if you think Toronto got better by adding James johnson, Bebe, Bruno & Lou then the Wiz got even better by adding Paul Pierce.

IMHO they both got better because of Continuity with their roster. To say Wiz got worse cuz they lost Ariza and added Pierce is ridiculous.
                    The Wiz got worse (maybe) because they lost all the depth they had. Not to be lost in all the hoopla of Ariza vs. Pierce is that they no longer have Booker, Gooden or Harrington. No piece on its own is that critical, but to lose all 3, which was their entire frontcourt bench, is pretty serious, especially when you throw in that Nene is prone to nagging injuries.

EDIT: Not to say they won't be able to bring back at least maybe Booker...but they have some serious issues in terms of depth.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      The Wiz got worse (maybe) because they lost all the depth they had. Not to be lost in all the hoopla of Ariza vs. Pierce is that they no longer have Booker, Gooden or Harrington. No piece on its own is that critical, but to lose all 3, which was their entire frontcourt bench, is pretty serious, especially when you throw in that Nene is prone to nagging injuries.

EDIT: Not to say they won't be able to bring back at least maybe Booker...but they have some serious issues in terms of depth.
                      Agreed. People underestimate the importance of Ariza on that team. He was a huge part of their team last season offensively and defensively.

And Paul Pierce is not the same player that he once was when he was in Boston. He's a downgrade over Ariza.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Agreed. People underestimate the importance of Ariza on that team. He was a huge part of their team last season offensively and defensively.

And Paul Pierce is not the same player that he once was when he was in Boston. He's a downgrade over Ariza.
                        Well but at the same time it has been well discussed that Ariza plays unusually well in contract years...so Ariza next year might be about the same level as Pierce next year. We'll have to wait and see. Obviously there's defensive drop off, but offensively they could be better, and they might be able to do some things they couldn't with Ariza.

Still though. Their bench right now is almost nothing but holes.

Comment

But the difference is we have a very good bench. They don't. Also we have Demar, Jonas, Terrence and Patterson that will and can improve. They only have Wall and Beal. Unless you wanna count Rice and Porter but they have shown me nothing to get excited about.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Melo's statement

Probably written by the same scribe who did Lebron's (sincere one)...

A few years ago I dreamed of coming back to New York City, the place of my birth, and on February 23, 2011 that became a reality. This organization has supported me and in return, I want to stay and build here with this city and my team. At this pivotal juncture in my career, I owed it to myself and my family to explore all of the options available to me. Through it all, my heart never wavered.

During this journey I met with some quality organizations who have amazing talent and leadership. I thank them for their consideration, belief in my talent, and opportunity to imagine the possibilities.

I will always remember this chapter in my life. In the end, I am a New York Knick at heart. I am looking forward to continue my career in Orange & Blue and to work with Phil Jackson, a champion who builds championship teams. Madison Square Garden is the mecca of basketball and I am surrounded by the greatest fans in the world.
                            They forgot: Now show me the money.

Anyone need a bucket to retch in...my gawd.
                            Last edited by Bendit; Sun Jul 13, 2014, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              But the difference is we have a very good bench. They don't. Also we have Demar, Jonas, Terrence and Patterson that will and can improve. They only have Wall and Beal. Unless you wanna count Rice and Porter but they have shown me nothing to get excited about.
                              Porter is so far playing like an all star in the summer league.. his mid range jumpers are very dangerous

Comment

WOW!

Wow... if they get blesaoe and monroe... :O

Comment

Working...
                                X