No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hayward signing was a terrible overpay, but completely necessary for another team to offer in order to possibly pry him away. That's the unfortunate part of RFA, you almost always need to over pay in order to get that player. If Utah doesn't match, I think it's a good move for CHA tho. That hinges on Hayward at least improving a little, and I expect his efficiency may improve a little with Kemba and Jefferson having some of the scoring load. With the cap expected to increase in the coming years, this deal may not look so bad in 3 years. Of course, it could end up looking terrible too, but I don't expect that. It will be interesting to see if Utah matches. I swear they are, or should be, cursing themselves for not trading Millsap and Jefferson. Might have been a little insurance to have a young asset or two from those shoulda-been deals in case of a situation like this.

Comment

• Where is Vince already? Blatche & Vince and we're good!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        i know the jazz are saying they'll match any deal for hayward but i can't see them match that max deal. i think they figured the most a team would drop on him was 12 per or so.
        I think the Jazz perspective is better to match a 4 year max offer with 4.5% raises then be stuck with a 4 or 5 year contract with 7.5% raises.

Comment

• Lebron to the Cavs... its happening!!!!

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 9m
          Three-team trade will see Nets acquire Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev from Cleveland. Boston gets Thornton, Zeller and a first

Comment

• Three team trade:

Boston gets Marcus Thornton, Tyler Zeller, and a future first-round pick from Cleveland
            Brooklyn gets Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev
            Cleveland gets a new load of cap space

I don't think Cleveland would have done this if they didn't think LeBron was a lock to sign with them.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
              Three team trade:

Boston gets Marcus Thornton, Tyler Zeller, and a future first-round pick from Cleveland

I don't think Cleveland would have done this if they didn't think LeBron was a lock to sign with them.
              Yup my thoughts exactly. I think Lebron is meeting with the Heat today just out of courtesy. I'm pretty sure he told Wade when they had dinner that he was heading out.

Comment

• BKN has another russian player. Time for them to target Shved?
                Myself (March 2014):
                The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                  Three team trade:

Why couldn't we be Boston in this trade? 1st round pick, and good players.... literally for nothing.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Man two former 1st round picks to free up cap space? Maybe LBJ actually is coming. They could just be trying to free up room for other guys though.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Why couldn't we be Boston in this trade? 1st round pick, and good players.... literally for nothing.
                      Because Boston has the cap space to absorb those contracts and we don't?

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                        This.

Danny Ainge totally getting payback for Riley's F*** you comment

Comment

• Doesn't Boston have like every other Nets 1st now until the end of the decade?

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            TPE wasn't good nuff?
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

TPE wasn't good nuff?
                              Thornton has just under a 9M contract. Our TPE isn't big enough.

Comment

TPE wasn't good nuff?
                                To acquire him for no one we could use the Rudy TPE to take up some of the contract. However, it would just push us closer to the tax cap and ruin any chances of getting GV and using the MLE.

Comment

Working...
                                X