Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Absolutely no fucking way I wanna sign this scrub! !!!

He's gonna be the new John Salmons
    Nope, I think if Masai does sign him is to mentor Bruno game after him.

Comment

• Not sure if this was posted anywhere:

Comment

• Firstly, folks needs to stop saying we 'have' Patterson ... he has not signed here.
        Secondly, thinking Ed Davis would be a replacement if Patterson doesn't come back is insane. Patterson worked because he was a STRETCH four ... Davis can barely stretch the D to the foul line, if that!

I'd love to see Ed back ... but if Jonas, Amir, Tyler, Chuck are back, adding Bebe - it's a tough sell.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• We 'have' Patterson because he is a restricted free agent. Only way we don't have him is if we choose not to have him.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post

lol turns out that was a fake woj account that spears retweeted
            I didn't read the whole post initially. Went straight to hoopsyhype to see if I could find confirmation. I couldn't believe he'd sign for 6 mill/season. Seems like he'd be leaving a lot of money on the table. I don't see him signing for for anything less than 10mil/year

DanH wrote: View Post
            We 'have' Patterson because he is a restricted free agent. Only way we don't have him is if we choose not to have him.
            The common sense consensus is that restricted free agents don't generate as much buzz as unrestricted free agents, couple that with the fact that PP was a bench player, and hopefully that keeps teams from focusing on him and offering a big payday. His strong performance in the playoffs could be a factor though.

The only way I see a team making an offer that pry him away from us would be if they wanted to make him a starter. Any teams come to mind?

It probably only makes sense for a team trying to win now.

Wolves if they lose Kevin Love? Cavs? Warriors (to come off the bench, if they don't get Love?) He'd be right at home in the Heat machine as a substitute for Shane Battier as a small ball four. I also think he's an upgrade over Rashard Lewis at this point.

Contenders or "championship now" teams, (with the exception of the Spurs) seem to fall into a pit where they want seasoned vets with name recognition, so that could also be a factor to seeing him passed over.
            Last edited by ezz_bee; Tue Jul 1, 2014, 09:25 AM.
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• I would bet most of these tweets of teams expressing "interest" is bs....and intended by the agents to gin up the illusion of demand.

Comment

• I think we should look at making a play for Evan Turner, willing passer, good ball handler, and with the right shot selection is not a bad 3 point shooter, has had some bad years, but also put together good season shooting the ball. I see him fitting in a 3 player rotation at the 2/3 spots very well with Toronto.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• I thought that Deng would have been worth more....guess its a discount for being on a winning team.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                    I think we should look at making a play for Evan Turner, willing passer, good ball handler, and with the right shot selection is not a bad 3 point shooter, has had some bad years, but also put together good season shooting the ball. I see him fitting in a 3 player rotation at the 2/3 spots very well with Toronto.
                    It's his general demeanor and attitude that is suspect. If the Pacers let him go theremay be something to that.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      It's his general demeanor and attitude that is suspect. If the Pacers let him go theremay be something to that.
                      I think he did not have a defined role with the Pacers and did not mesh well with Stephenson and his immaturity...
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                        I think we should look at making a play for Evan Turner, willing passer, good ball handler, and with the right shot selection is not a bad 3 point shooter, has had some bad years, but also put together good season shooting the ball. I see him fitting in a 3 player rotation at the 2/3 spots very well with Toronto.
                        No, no, no, no, no. Over dribbler, analytic nightmare, terrible teammate. Never in a million years.
                        There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

• Fo reals, no Even Turner please.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                            No, no, no, no, no. Over dribbler, analytic nightmare, terrible teammate. Never in a million years.
                            Why is it that he's a terrible teammate again?

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Why is it that he's a terrible teammate again?
                              Fist fighting with a teammate in practice would probably do it.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X