Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Fist fighting with a teammate in practice would probably do it.
    Pretty sure that whole incident was overblown, plus teammates fight all the time, this just happened to come out....and who wouldn't like to punch Lance sometimes?
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
      Pretty sure that whole incident was overblown, plus teammates fight all the time, this just happened to come out....and who wouldn't like to punch Lance sometimes?
      Regardless. You asked what made him a bad teammate and that does.

Comment

• I think Raptors are better off with ross and without Turner

Comment

Regardless. You asked what made him a bad teammate and that does.
          But it does not make him a bad teammate. There was no fist fight, it was two competitive guys going at it, that happens everyday in competitive sports, I need more than and internet story that was never collaborated to make me know he is not a good fit. Look at Lowry and his early days in the NBA, not a great teammate either, should we not try to sign him?
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Hope afterall.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Hope afterall.
              If someone can do it it's Masai
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

But it does not make him a bad teammate. There was no fist fight, it was two competitive guys going at it, that happens everyday in competitive sports, I need more than and internet story that was never collaborated to make me know he is not a good fit. Look at Lowry and his early days in the NBA, not a great teammate either, should we not try to sign him?
                Taking on Lowry was a risk. I never said Turner would never be a good teammate, but fact of the matter is that right now he's not. You know it as well as I do. If he does change I wouldn't be shocked, but as a player I don't want him in Toronto because he's not a good fit. He's undersized for a SF(where we'd play him) and having a bench of Vasquez+Lou+Patterson+Turner playing SF would be a nightmare defensively.

Comment

Taking on Lowry was a risk. I never said Turner would never be a good teammate, but fact of the matter is that right now he's not. You know it as well as I do. If he does change I wouldn't be shocked, but as a player I don't want him in Toronto because he's not a good fit. He's undersized for a SF(where we'd play him) and having a bench of Vasquez+Lou+Patterson+Turner playing SF would be a nightmare defensively.
                  The thing is, I don't know that Turner is a bad teammate. He is the same height as Ross and has a better wing span, even though Turner gets knocked for having short arms, his standing reach is also much better than Ross...not to mention the added weight. Turner is much better suited to play the 3 spot than Ross.

I really think he would compliment the 2 starters with his ability to create offense and handle the ball. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying go all in for this guy or that he is the missing piece, but he does have the potential to be a solid contributor.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

The thing is, I don't know that Turner is a bad teammate. He is the same height as Ross and has a better wing span, even though Turner gets knocked for having short arms, his standing reach is also much better than Ross...not to mention the added weight. Turner is much better suited to play the 3 spot than Ross.

I really think he would compliment the 2 starters with his ability to create offense and handle the ball. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying go all in for this guy or that he is the missing piece, but he does have the potential to be a solid contributor.
                    Having a better body than Ross doesn't make him a better defender. Ross knows how to use his body and athleticism to defend. I honestly don't think he fits because he's below average defensively at the 3. Whether you're playing him with the starters(Derozan) or the bench(Vasquez+Lou+PPat) we have too many below average defenders to make room for Turner.

Comment

• Not to mention he can't shoot 3's if his life depended on it, he's never had a PER that was even average(15) and he's been an inefficient scorer his whole career. I'll pass.

Comment

Not to mention he can't shoot 3's if his life depended on it, he's never had a PER that was even average(15) and he's been an inefficient scorer his whole career. I'll pass.
                        In the 2012/13 season where he started all 82 games he shot 36.5% from 3 point land on almost 2 attempts per game. While with Indiana this year he shot 50% from 3.

As far a PER goes, his was better than Ross' this past season as well.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Still mystified at the $6.5M per year Jodie Meeks is getting.

Comment

• Tuff guy is getting paid

Comment

• Well, looks like Lowry is gonna get that as well.

Comment

• I really don't like that move for Washington. Gortat is already 30 years old. Maybe 2 of those years will be in his prime. It's gonna be a bad contract in years 3-5 imo.

I don't mind giving Lowry that deal, because you'd expect at least 4 years to be him in his prime and highly productive.

Comment

Working...
                                X