No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fucking Lebron. He cancelled plans to return to Akron ( jason lloyd twitter, used by NBA.COM) and now he's flying to Brazil. So no decision until Sunday?

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
      Marc Cuban, the man, the owner, the troll.

He has single-handedly forced FA to be set into motion. Houston has 3 days to match Parsons. That means that Bosh has < 3 days to decide whether to accept that max offer or not. If LeBron doesn't make a decision before then, Bosh likely panics and just takes the Rockets deal. This would force LBJ to Cleveland and Melo back to NY, unless they agree to team up in Miami.

Cuban doing work... although the Rockets might just not match Parsons and he's stuck with that 15M per year contract lol.
      Even if he is stuck with the contract, at least he has Dirk on a value deal to help offset the cost.

I love the deal because, even if Houston matches, it puts Houston in a difficult position with the trade kicker and player option.

Cuban knew exactly what he was doing and I love it.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Even if he is stuck with the contract, at least he has Dirk on a value deal to help offset the cost.

I love the deal because, even if Houston matches, it puts Houston in a difficult position with the trade kicker and player option.

True, it's kinda like paying Dirk 15M and Parsons 10M, which doesn't sound bad if you look at it that way.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Oh, you wanna patiently allow your free agency plans to play out? Yeah.... that's not happening.

Love Cuban's approach of screwing it up for Morey lol
          @Boymusic66

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Fucking Lebron. He cancelled plans to return to Akron ( jason lloyd twitter, used by NBA.COM) and now he's flying to Brazil. So no decision until Sunday?
            Haha how dare he make us wait!

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
              Oh, you wanna patiently allow your free agency plans to play out? Yeah.... that's not happening.

Love Cuban's approach of screwing it up for Morey lol
              Yeah it was funny. Morey offered Dirk max money, but I doubt Dirk will even take it.

Morey is probably gonna lose Melo and Chandler. And if Lebron signs with the Heat, Morey becomes the biggest loser.

Comment

• You got to LOVE how Lebron and Melo are grabbing the headlines and using it to increase their media exposure.

SA wins the NBA finals and no one is even talking about them !!! Is it all forgotten how K.L. stole the show or how a 2nd round pick won the last game of the NBA finals ? There is not even one story on the 2nd youngest NBA MVP finals.

No story on how Lebron got his ASS whopped and how Miami was destroyed ???!!! No one is taking about it.

Instead the talk is all about where LJ is going to go or where Melo is going to go and we all know Melo will stay in NY or will team up with LJ is Miami and James, well, I still say Heat will have him.

Got to give credit to these guy's management teams and how they can just produce news and push away bad publicity from their guys.

Comment

• I understand if Houston signs Bosh and matches Parsons offer they would have to get rid of Lin, Terence Jones and Montijuenas without taking on salary. I am confused as to how they can do this but thats what one of the pundits on Hoopshype wrote. I think Morey may have bitten off a bit much this time.

Comment

• It actually makes sense to let Parsons walk and attempt to snag Deng somehow.
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                      You got to LOVE how Lebron and Melo are grabbing the headlines and using it to increase their media exposure.

SA wins the NBA finals and no one is even talking about them !!! Is it all forgotten how K.L. stole the show or how a 2nd round pick won the last game of the NBA finals ? There is not even one story on the 2nd youngest NBA MVP finals.

No story on how Lebron got his ASS whopped and how Miami was destroyed ???!!! No one is taking about it.

Instead the talk is all about where LJ is going to go or where Melo is going to go and we all know Melo will stay in NY or will team up with LJ is Miami and James, well, I still say Heat will have him.

Got to give credit to these guy's management teams and how they can just produce news and push away bad publicity from their guys.
                      Ya think so? LJ is playing it well by having everything filtered thru his man Rich Paul but Melo is taking a hit especially in NY. Many there think he is a wuss and yo-yo-ing all over. As for the Spurs, I dont think they give a rats ass about the publicity or lack of. They have seen it and done it many times over and currently the champs. Besides they are a TEAM while all this "excitement" is about individuals that has no impact on them (except for their reported interest in Pau).

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        It actually makes sense to let Parsons walk and attempt to snag Deng somehow.
                        Yea except Morey might like to show he has a bigger dong than Cuban and Deng is sitting pretty with Parsons having set a nice bar for his suitors. Either way it's going to be a fun couple of days.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Yea except Morey might like to show he has a bigger dong than Cuban and Deng is sitting pretty with Parsons having set a nice bar for his suitors. Either way it's going to be a fun couple of days.
                          If they don't sign Parsons and strike out on Bosh, Deng is the only alternative. Only good outcome is signing Bosh then Parsons. Everything else makes the team worse than last year.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Ya think so? LJ is playing it well by having everything filtered thru his man Rich Paul but Melo is taking a hit especially in NY. Many there think he is a wuss and yo-yo-ing all over. As for the Spurs, I dont think they give a rats ass about the publicity or lack of. They have seen it and done it many times over and currently the champs. Besides they are a TEAM while all this "excitement" is about individuals that has no impact on them (except for their reported interest in Pau).
                            It seems like the Spurs get very little attention every year, until everyone realizes about half way through the season that they are contenders.

Comment

• I'm gonna laugh when the Spurs pick up Carter and Marion for nothing
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                If they don't sign Parsons and strike out on Bosh, Deng is the only alternative. Only good outcome is signing Bosh then Parsons. Everything else makes the team worse than last year.
                                According to Larry Coon, to give Bosh the max they still have to send out $3.7M in salary - that is Jones and Montiejunas.

Comment

Working...
                                X