Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N wrote: View Post
    Why do you think it's "pretty crappy"
    forget the BS per/36 minute crap. For the last 5 years he's averaged at just over 3.5 assists in ~25 minutes a game.

Playing for us Vasq. averaged 3.7 assists on 21.5 minutes.

Not a world of difference and Lou is already on the roster, for Vasq we'll most likely have to choose between him and Patterson. I believe Patterson is more vital to success since we would lose less having Lou Will fill in for Vasq than by having TH fill in for PP.
    People are severely underrating the 3pt shooting and pick n pop play of 2Pat. He was so fucking money on pick n pop plays that I would say to myself "that's going in" every time he came off a nice screen and got the ball. Thanks the PPat, other teams can't just pack the paint or slag off like they do to Amir and Tyler. Other teams literally gave Amir the open 3 whenever he wanted it. You do that shit to PPat and you're getting a perfect swish drained in your face and an irate coach yelling at you from the sidelines.

If our option after GV was Buycks/Stone, then we'd absolutely have to bring him back. As is, with Williams and the possibility of cheaply resigning De Colo, I'm not so worried. GV is a better passer than Lou Will, but he's a worse defender and less efficient shooter. I'd also rather not tie up a bunch of salary in backup PG (8th man most likely). GV would be great to have back, but only at the right price/years. 3 years with a team option on the 3rd sounds really good. Hopefully around $4M per year.

I only used PER 36 to make the Greavis to Lou comparison fair since they didn't play the exact same amount of minutes. Make them PER 20 minute numbers for all I care, point still stands that we're not getting that much more out of GV than Lou was giving Atlanta (roughly 1 assist per game).
    Last edited by Primer; Thu Jul 3, 2014, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• I think we match 2 Pats offer. If Vasquez wants to stay, cool, if not he can take a hike. But i also like the idea of signing and trading for Tobias Harris, they drafted Arron Gordon so i think that makes TH a little more expendable. Harris can play the 3 and some 4 effectively, sort of like Carmelo cept not as good of a scorer. Harris could even potentially start at the 3

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        I think they are BOTH VERY important to what we are trying to do and they BOTH need to stay. I don't think it's easy to replace either of them. I would pick Patterson over GV if I HAD to but I really hope we don't have to. I don't think you guys remember how effective those two were for us last season. And the Spurs showed having a good bench is very important nowadays.
        I think it's the first time I agree with you haha.
        Myself (March 2014):
        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
          I think it's the first time I agree with you haha.
          LOL I just hope Masai agrees with us as well because he's the only one who really matters anyway
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
            Not if we get Ennis somehow.. Also, PG is the easiest position to fill. Stretch 4 that plays defense, rebounds well, and has the right attitude is hard to find.
            Does everyone remember how bad we were last season before we got GV (and had a decent backup). I think we need to keep both guys, but everyone in here is seriously underrating the effect a good backup has on a team.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
              Does everyone remember how bad we were last season before we got GV (and had a decent backup). I think we need to keep both guys, but everyone in here is seriously underrating the effect a good backup has on a team.
              I think we need both obviously. But if the question is one or the other, you go with PPat.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                The difference is we have Lou Williams now and can bring back De Colo for cheap. GV made such a massive difference because our backups were Buycks/Stone, aka hot garbage. Any real NBA PG could have made a huge difference over that terrible tandem.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  The difference is we have Lou Williams now and can bring back De Colo for cheap. GV made such a massive difference because our backups were Buycks/Stone, aka hot garbage. Any real NBA PG could have made a huge difference over that terrible tandem.

BUT! ... But... but... DJ Augustine
                  Myself (March 2014):
                  The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Pretty sure the plan has both Ppat and GV coming back. We are going to have to wait until the Carmelo circus ends and there is some clarity on the shell game that is going on with the Heat and the "opter-outers" first before there are any offer sheets put in front of our guys.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      Pretty sure the plan has both Ppat and GV coming back. We are going to have to wait until the Carmelo circus ends and there is some clarity on the shell game that is going on with the Heat and the "opter-outers" first before there are any offer sheets put in front of our guys.
                      Wouldn't be surprised to see the Heat make an offer to GV. Same with the Lakers. basically any team that wanted Lowry but couldn't afford him. Is GV the best PG still on the market?

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Pretty sure the plan has both Ppat and GV coming back. We are going to have to wait until the Carmelo circus ends and there is some clarity on the shell game that is going on with the Heat and the "opter-outers" first before there are any offer sheets put in front of our guys.
                        I read that somewhere too. Why do teams have to wait on Carmelo and the Heat players to make their decision? I don't get it.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Carmelo should be cleared up by tomorrow I would think and then the other dominoes can begin to fall
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I read that somewhere too. Why do teams have to wait on Carmelo and the Heat players to make their decision? I don't get it.
                            Its a domino effect. At least 5 teams are holding up transactions maintaining the space to get these guys. Once they make their moves a bunch of other teams are waiting like vultures to pick up any collateral damage as an example.

Jeremy Lin is likely going to be given away to some team if Melo signs with Houston.

If you lock in on someone and tie up assets then if someone does take a tumble you are out of the game.
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              I think we match 2 Pats offer. If Vasquez wants to stay, cool, if not he can take a hike. But i also like the idea of signing and trading for Tobias Harris, they drafted Arron Gordon so i think that makes TH a little more expendable. Harris can play the 3 and some 4 effectively, sort of like Carmelo cept not as good of a scorer. Harris could even potentially start at the 3
                              NOPE we can't get Harris on the team we already have Hansbrough. We already have two DD's in Demar and Deandre, two TH's would fuck everyone up soooo bad

Comment

I think possibly because agents don't want to sign because they might get shortchanged while everyone is saving up for the big names, once the big names choose 1 team then you'll have 8 teams with a lot of money and not a lot of choices.

Once the steak is gone, the hamburgers start looking a lot more appealing.

Comment

Working...
                                X