No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Morrow hasn't agreed to anything yet. And from the teams attached to him, some would be safer bets for playing time for him. The Wiz, for example, could be a great fit. He could back up Beal, giving them incredible shooting at the SG position no matter who's on, and they don't have another SG on the depth chart.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
      I think interest in Anthony Morrow shows that we may have a Fields trade lined up (hopefully for a back up C)

Yup..Fields for Kendrick Perkins.
      Anthony Morrow would be nice.
      Wow..this is great when ure team is noticed by the league,everyone want's 2 come 2 a winning team,looks like raps are getting reputation of great fan base and team model..family..like the Spurs.
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Yup...so it is...just finished scanning cba faq to find it...
        A quick note - the common perception of that rule is that the player cannot be included in a package - this is not true. They just can't have their salary aggregated with another salary. So we could trade, say, Lou and Hayes for 2 6M dollar players. But not for one 12M dollar player.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          A quick note - the common perception of that rule is that the player cannot be included in a package - this is not true. They just can't have their salary aggregated with another salary. So we could trade, say, Lou and Hayes for 2 6M dollar players. But not for one 12M dollar player.
          Or using a TPE you can send two players one at a time for another player. Trades sometime look different according to the CBA than how it looks. Bottom line he can be traded.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I thought it meant you can't have any trades with aggregated salaries where combination A = combination B. So, you couldn't trade Lou and Hayes for a 3M + 9M combo....Not sure about this though.

I would add to that I assume that in the case of Lou + Hayes for 6M + 6M is allowed because it can essentially be looked as 2 separate trades.

I also thought that you can also add non-salary assets, like picks. So we could trade Lou + pick(s) for player A

Comment

• I would never give up Lou for Morrow. Yes Morrow is an amazing three point shooter but that's all he does. I rather have someone like Lou who can create his own shot and create for others at times. Morrow can barely dribble. That's what really excites me about Lou even if he isn't the same Lou from his Sixer days. He finally gives us someone off the bench that can create for themselves. We normally always have a whole bunch of guys that need someone to create for them and that puts a lot of pressure on the backup point guard. Lou and Greivis can really feed well off of each other and Lou takes some pressure off of Vasquez from having to do it all
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I also think you guys are taking this a little too far just like you did with the PJ Tucker interest. Yes we probably showed interest but I don't think it's that serious of interest. Also who knows when we showed this interest. It could have be a little while ago but they are just posting it now because they need something to post about. Not every time you hear our name connected to someone you have to think of all these different trades and schemes LOL. All the Toronto media said this wasn't even something that should be posted so clearly there isn't serious interest being shown.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  I would never give up Lou for Morrow. Yes Morrow is an amazing three point shooter but that's all he does. I rather have someone like Lou who can create his own shot and create for others at times. Morrow can barely dribble. That's what really excites me about Lou even if he isn't the same Lou from his Sixer days. He finally gives us someone off the bench that can create for themselves. We normally always have a whole bunch of guys that need someone to create for them and that puts a lot of pressure on the backup point guard. Lou and Greivis can really feed well off of each other and Lou takes some pressure off of Vasquez from having to do it all
                  It's a tough choice more for roster balance issues than for actual skills. Lou is a better player than a role as 4th guard, which is what he'd be on our team with DD, Vasquez and Lowry. It's going to be hard to find minutes for everyone. Not a bad problem to have really if it's one at all, just makes things a bit weird. Morrow wouldn't command as many minutes, but would fit well in a 4th/5th wing role behind DeMar, Ross, Vasquez and even JJ.

Anyway, I don't think it's very likely Morrow comes here given the current situation, but if he does, it just becomes even more of a non-problem.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    It's a tough choice more for roster balance issues than for actual skills. Lou is a better player than a role as 4th guard, which is what he'd be on our team with DD, Vasquez and Lowry. It's going to be hard to find minutes for everyone. Not a bad problem to have really if it's one at all, just makes things a bit weird. Morrow wouldn't command as many minutes, but would fit well in a 4th/5th wing role behind DeMar, Ross, Vasquez and even JJ.

Anyway, I don't think it's very likely Morrow comes here given the current situation, but if he does, it just becomes even more of a non-problem.
                    You make a good point. But I think I rather have the better player. Especially since he's also a good fit in terms of his playing style. I think we are a much better team with Vasquez, Williams and Johnson than with Vasquez, Morrow and Johnson. Also Morrow might be an even worse defender than Lou. I'm just basing that off the eye test lol.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      You make a good point. But I think I rather have the better player. Especially since he's also a good fit in terms of his playing style. I think we are a much better team with Vasquez, Williams and Johnson than with Vasquez, Morrow and Johnson. Also Morrow might be an even worse defender than Lou. I'm just basing that off the eye test lol.
                      Absolutely. Morrow is a terrible defender. Lou is not great, but at least he's quick. That means he can try to stay in front of his man and rotate well.

A big reason it's not a big worry with Lou is because Vasquez has the height for SG, and actually probably defends that better than PG. Lou can defend PGs with Vasquez on. The tricky times will be if/when Lou and Lowry are on the court together.

Comment

• we already had a one dimensional 3 point shooter and look how that worked out
                        unless your gonna draw up plays for him, he's gonna be useless on offense (save for 1 or 2 games) and a complete liability on defense

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
                          we already had a one dimensional 3 point shooter and look how that worked out
                          unless your gonna draw up plays for him, he's gonna be useless on offense (save for 1 or 2 games) and a complete liability on defense
                          Morrow is not quite as limited as Novak, and since he plays wing it's an easier fit in the rotation. The problem with Novak is he's a stretch 4 who can't play the 4. Morrow is at least an average athlete and is the right size for SG.

Comment

• I bet Dwyane Wade is feeling stupid now for opting out the 2 years $42 mil contract. He can thank LeBron James for that
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                I bet Dwyane Wade is feeling stupid now for opting out the 2 years $42 mil contract. He can thank LeBron James for that
                                The Lebron stuff is being reported by Sheridan and he is notoriously full of shit, so I'd say he's probably going back to Miami. Sheridan just guesses stuff and reports it as fact, then crosses his fingers and hopes he's right so he can say he broke the story. He's wrong close to 100% of the time though.

Comment

Working...
                                X