Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy!!!

Comment

• Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jul 11, 2014, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
        Phil is asking for 2 first round which is too much given that AB was hurt all year. MU got 1 first round and 2 second round and ton of bad contract in Richardson, Camby and Novak and used one of those to move Novak a year later.

i think Phil can also get one first round and 1 or 2 second round for AB and is just testing the market now.
        Asking price from other teams for taking on Bargnani, not the other way around!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Crazy!!!
          What are they camping out for?

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
            What are they camping out for?
            hahaha seriously, unless the plan is to loot his house if he says no to Cleveland I don't understand what the point of being there is. Do they think the news will get to them quicker?

Comment

• BTW, compared to this The Decision was the sanest way to handle his free agency.

one-hour of awkwardness with money going to charity vs weeks of awfulness with journalists losing credibility with every tweet and fans showing how god damned fucked up they are.

Comment

• LJ's PR team is simply amazing and top notch. He is going to stay with Heat and now he is using the letter as a excuse and putting all the blame on the Owner ... Well Done ...

Comment

LJ's PR team is simply amazing and top notch. He is going to stay with Heat and now he is using the letter as a excuse and putting all the blame on the Owner ... Well Done ...
                  In fairness if my boss wrote a letter like that after I left there's no fucking way I'd go back to his company.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                    BTW, compared to this The Decision was the sanest way to handle his free agency.

one-hour of awkwardness with money going to charity vs weeks of awfulness with journalists losing credibility with every tweet and fans showing how god damned fucked up they are.
                    IMO, the "Decision" was made long before it was announced. They just made a big deal of it for whatever reasons (maybe to maintain interest in the NBA during offseason?) Zach Lowe has an article on Grantland which suggested something like that, the idea of making the NBA 'year round' league. This could be the same thing again. I think he knows where he is going, and probably has for a week or more. But why announce when fans across the globe are locked in and engaged in NBA Free agency and LBJ himself?

Comment

• What is Melo waiting for Are they really plotting a Wade, Melo, Lebron alliance at Miami ?? There can not be any other reason for Melo to wait ...

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                        In fairness if my boss wrote a letter like that after I left there's no fucking way I'd go back to his company.
                        $90M. No apologies needed

Comment

What is Melo waiting for Are they really plotting a Wade, Melo, Lebron alliance at Miami ?? There can not be any other reason for Melo to wait ...
                          Two other possible reasons: one is that some of the teams currently bidding for James will likely be interested in Melo as a consolation prize. But I think the bigger reason if that if Melo signs now, everyone says, "Yeah, we don't care, tell us where LeBron is going." But if Melo waits until a couple days after LeBron signs, he'll get his moment in the sun.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                            Two other possible reasons: one is that some of the teams currently bidding for James will likely be interested in Melo as a consolation prize. But I think the bigger reason if that if Melo signs now, everyone says, "Yeah, we don't care, tell us where LeBron is going." But if Melo waits until a couple days after LeBron signs, he'll get his moment in the sun.
                            This.

I figure LBJ is looking at the World Cup final as an obstacle to having the entire world focused on him. I forget who mentioned but him in a sky box rocking a cavs jersey would break the internet. And steal headlines across the globe from the eventual winner.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              $90M. No apologies needed
                              It's relative. 90 Million to him is like 100k to us. I wouldn't take that from a boss that publically bad mouthed me.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                                It's relative. 90 Million to him is like 100k to us. I wouldn't take that from a boss that publically bad mouthed me.
                                Especially if another employer is offering pretty-much the same amount.

Comment

Working...
                                X