Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 421

Thread: Canada Basketball

  1. #221
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Sim's signing is a smart business decision. Huge untapped market there in India and if the Kings throw some garbage time minutes Bhullar's way it will be a PR coup for the NBA and a step towards the King's becoming India's team.
    Isn't having an Indian owner better than signing the worst player in the league who is Indian.

  2. #222
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Isn't having an Indian owner better than signing the worst player in the league who is Indian.
    I think that's being a little dramatic. Just for the pure reason of being that huge, it makes him valuable. You can't teach Tall.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    9,255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The guy played 2mins in the entire summer league loooool

  4. #224
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    I think that's being a little dramatic. Just for the pure reason of being that huge, it makes him valuable. You can't teach Tall.
    Just because you can't teach height, it doesn't make every tall player valuable. Bhullar has looked nowhere near NBA-ready (and like he very well could never be). Maybe he's worked really hard this summer, but last time I saw him play college ball, he made Aaron Gray look like Usain Bolt meets LeBron James.

    This seems like a situation where an Indian owner with a soft spot wants a player he can try to market in his home country and make money.

  5. #225
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Just because you can't teach height, it doesn't make every tall player valuable. Bhullar has looked nowhere near NBA-ready (and like he very well could never be). Maybe he's worked really hard this summer, but last time I saw him play college ball, he made Aaron Gray look like Usain Bolt meets LeBron James.

    This seems like a situation where an Indian owner with a soft spot wants a player he can try to market in his home country and make money.
    Fair, but I still wouldn't say he's going to be the worst player in the league.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  6. #226
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Fair, but I still wouldn't say he's going to be the worst player in the league.
    I'd say there's a fair chance...at least in the category of players that are all so bad trying to distinguish which one is the worst is pointless.

  7. #227
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    The guy played 2mins in the entire summer league loooool
    He set a Summer League record (100%) for field goal percentage.

  8. #228
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I'd say there's a fair chance...at least in the category of players that are all so bad trying to distinguish which one is the worst is pointless.
    All basketball players in the NBA are good basketball players.

  9. #229
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    All basketball players in the NBA are good basketball players.
    Compared to any player, but not on a spectrum only involving other NBA players. These are supposed to be top tier professionals. Not all NBA players are good NBA players.

  10. Like 007 liked this post
  11. #230
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Compared to any player, but not on a spectrum only involving other NBA players. These are supposed to be top tier professionals. Not all NBA players are good NBA players.
    I played basketball with and against thousands of athletes, some very talented, and only one player that I played pick up ball with was drafted by the NBA, Boston Celtics in the eighth round in 1979. He never made the roster.

  12. #231
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    I played basketball with and against thousands of athletes, some very talented, and only one player that I played pick up ball with was drafted by the NBA, Boston Celtics in the eighth round in 1979. He never made the roster.
    Ok...you're not countering what I said. Being an NBA player doesn't mean you're good compared to other NBA players. And that's all that matters. You don't get points for being better than most every guy who isn't good enough to make the league.

    No one ever said Bhullar was a bad basketball player. Just that he could be the worst player in the NBA, or bad enough that there's no point to really discussing it.

  13. #232
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    995
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    The guy played 2mins in the entire summer league loooool
    Actually about 10 minutes, over 4 games.
    http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2014/teams/kings/#stats
    tank-agnostic

  14. #233
    Raptors Republic Starter chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    360
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ha, Bhullar signing is purely a PR move, but he won't be around long enough to attract much attention in India. It's more about local interest. Having lived in N.Cal. for a while, and until recently, I've seen:
    - a rapidly growing Indian population in the area
    - bollywood dance troop routines at half time of Kings' games. India isn't paying attention, but locals are.

  15. #234
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    2,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Compared to any player, but not on a spectrum only involving other NBA players. These are supposed to be top tier professionals. Not all NBA players are good NBA players.
    We all know the worst player in the NBA would kick our ass without even trying.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  16. #235
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Sim's signing is a smart business decision. Huge untapped market there in India and if the Kings throw some garbage time minutes Bhullar's way it will be a PR coup for the NBA and a step towards the King's becoming India's team.
    hardly. first of all bhullar isn't even from india. hes from north york. and hes not going to have the same effect as jeremy lin did for asians since bhullar will basically just get garbage minutes if any at all. he didn't even get to play in the d-league finals game.

  17. #236
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    2,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    hardly. first of all bhullar isn't even from india. hes from north york. and hes not going to have the same effect as jeremy lin did for asians since bhullar will basically just get garbage minutes if any at all. he didn't even get to play in the d-league finals game.
    Bhullarsanity?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  18. #237
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    hardly. first of all bhullar isn't even from india. hes from north york. and hes not going to have the same effect as jeremy lin did for asians since bhullar will basically just get garbage minutes if any at all. he didn't even get to play in the d-league finals game.
    Lin was born in the USA. Think Bhullar would have a contract if there wasn't this India connection (family, King's owner, huge untapped market)? The NBA is about business more than it is about basketball.

  19. #238
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    693
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hah! I'm in India right now and it seems like no one has a clue who he is.

  20. #239
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Hah! I'm in India right now and it seems like no one has a clue who he is.
    Are you around people talking about sports? Does the NBA come up a lot?

  21. #240
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    693
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Are you around people talking about sports? Does the NBA come up a lot?
    I was in the Adidas & Nike store and when I asked about him they had no idea. They don't even have any Basketball merchandise, only Soccer! They even have a store named after Manchester United.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •