No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are Jamal Murry's options for next year?

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
      What are Jamal Murry's options for next year?
      Steve Nash: Jamal Murray Could Make the Jump to the NBA Right Now

http://tipofthetower.com/2015/04/16/...nba-right-now/

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        Last year they didn't but this year there was legit crowds, seeing as they came off of a championship. Hoping this doesn't hurt their crowds next year
        I don't think it will. I was at the game as well, and if anything, what occurred made me more excited for the next season, and I will definitely be attending more games as well.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
          Steve Nash: Jamal Murray Could Make the Jump to the NBA Right Now

http://tipofthetower.com/2015/04/16/...nba-right-now/
          Amazing. Big Name Div 1 schools offering him scholarships coming out of a Canadian Highschool. Its finally happening! Maybe soon our boys will be able to stay and play and develop in Canada during High School.
          Last edited by Joey; Thu May 14, 2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Amazing. Big Name Div 1 schools offering him scholarships coming out of a Canadian Highschool. Its finally happening! Maybe soon our boys will be able to stay and play and develop in Canada during High School.
            To be fair, it's a school fully dedicated to athletics. Which is great, but not like he's being scouted from north Toronto public school. I mean, Thon Maker left an American prep school to play there. Wouldn't have done that without knowing he'd still get lots of attention from scouts.

I agree it's great though. If they can maintain the crop of talent interested in staying home because of a school like that, it can only help bball development in general in Canada.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu May 14, 2015, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              To be fair, it's a school fully dedicated to athletics. Which is great, but not like he's being scouted from north Toronto public school. I mean, Thon Maker left an American prep school to play there. Wouldn't have done that without knowing he'd still get lots of attention from scouts.

I agree it's great though. If they can maintain the crop of talent interested in staying home because of a school like that, it can only help bball development in general in Canada.
              Well majority/all of our guys are going to play in Prep schools anyway in the US, only now they can stay in Canada, which as you say, can only be a good thing.
              Orangeville Prep manages the team, athletes, room & board and stuff like that, but they actually attend a public high school for classes - ODSS.

And I think Thon Maker brought alot of the attention from scouts .. Jamal Murray and Poyser were already attending, but no one was talking about it until Thon announced he'd go there to play with Jamal Murray.

Comment

• Orangeville Prep or the Athletic Institute as it is called is a sports academy and not a real school in an academic sense. Most of it's players attend Orangeville Secondary School.

Kyle Alexander from Orangeville Prep signed this week with Coach Rick Barnes at Tennessee. Kyle is originally from Milton and the younger brother of Kayla Alexander who plays in the WNBA. 6'10" and still growing.

Comment

• So, Murray might go directly to the draft next year. If he goes to NCAA for a year he's looking at Kentucky, or Oregon

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/201...y-visiting-uk/

“It’s really looking like he’s going to stick in 2016,” Meyer said. “And it’s questionable whether he plays in college. His draft stock is probably as high as it’ll ever be right now, based on how he played (at the Hoop Summit). And they’re thinking in those terms. So, heck, he might stay out of sight until the (2016) draft.”

As an international prospect, Murray has the option of staying in high school and jumping directly to the NBA in 2016. Meyer said he considers UK and Oregon the two favorites in Murray’s recruitment should he opt to play college basketball.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                    So, Murray might go directly to the draft next year. If he goes to NCAA for a year he's looking at Kentucky, or Oregon

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/201...y-visiting-uk/
                    Wow if your Canadian your jump directly to the NBA from High School ... I would be pissed if I was an American player ...

Comment

Wow if your Canadian your jump directly to the NBA from High School ... I would be pissed if I was an American player ...
                      I thought it was the same as in the US, you can declare 1 year after your graduating high school class. So players could do a post grad year and then make the jump, looks like it is a little different for Canadians and other internationals.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Looks Like Tyler Ennis will not be available this summer after having shoulder surgery. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/304356041.html
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Kevin Pangos to Gonzaga was a true Canadian High school jump to a major NCAA program. You are also seeing many kids staying in regular high schools getting mid major scholarships all the time now. The AAU teams and National team exposure is helping there. Check out Barry Hayes recruiting updates website. http://www.hoopstarscanada.com/news.pl?nid=93
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Murray is 18 years old and from what I can tell is in Grade 12 at Orangeville Secondary. Murray apparently can declare as part of the 2015 class and be eligible for the 2016 NBA draft no matter if he goes the NCAA route or stays home. His Orangeville team mate Thon Maker has indicated he may do the same.

Murray had an official visit at Kentucky this past week.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...ucky/27572571/

Comment

• I know it is another sport but I am amazed that we can't expect drafted players to play for Canada ( ie Wiggins last summer ) but a player like Jack Eichel ( projected 2nd overall pic ) played for his country just months before the actual NHL draft will occur and he will probably play in next August / September World's again ..

Comment

I know it is another sport but I am amazed that we can't expect drafted players to play for Canada ( ie Wiggins last summer ) but a player like Jack Eichel ( projected 2nd overall pic ) played for his country just months before the actual NHL draft will occur and he will probably play in next August / September World's again ..
                                I think the big difference is that drafted NBA players have some obligations over the summer with summer leagues and such. This takes away some of their ability to be available for National teams.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X