No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey man, I piped in with a pretty basic opinion of a topic raised by someone else, and said Stauskus would have been wise to keep the race card out of it. The response I got was that my opinion is "nonsense", followed by (to paraphrase) I'm ignoring "truth". Though I take the "nonsense" thing as a bit aggressive, I challenged the "truth" thing and asked for some basis, beyond fan myth, for making such a statement, and tried to facilitate the discussion by providing all possible sources of this "truth", that I could think of.

What I got back is a slightly toned down "nonsense" like statement that I'm not getting it, until you rode in from the blindside with 3 posts of "truth" that don't back up the point at all. I point that out and you cop-out with I am twisting things? smh at people who make bold, and insulting, statements about someone's opinion, then don't have the balls to back it up

Comment

• More on racial profiling in the NBA (at 2:30 in the video): Peter Mehlman asks Blake Griffin "Were you ever worried that the white part of you would hold you back (in the NBA)?"

Last edited by stretch; Sat Oct 11, 2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        The exact quote is:
        “I understand that I’m a rookie and I’m white, so people are going to attack me at all times,” he said. “Just coming out there in the game, I felt it right away.”

People. Not teams. Not NBA offenses. Guys. Individuals.

I think you're reaching way beyond a very simple statement to twist it into something it's not.
        -----

Anyways, back on topic: Wiggins and Bennett are looking great with Minnesota so far. Really rooting for both those guys. Bennett's goggles were hilarious tonight.
        I'm glad Bennett had a good night though. Felt so bad for him all last year. Always thought he was one of the more talented prospects in that horrid 2013 draft. Looks like this year he may get the chance to prove it. He may not be a star, but he has lots of mismatch potential, and I could see a likely case for him being a great bench player as a tweener forward.

Comment

• Anthony Bennett showing some promise in Minnesota.

Comment

• Anthony Bennett has mad potential. The situation just wasn't right for him in Cleveland, him and Wiggins should be a very exciting duo for the next few years. It'll be awesome to watch

Comment

• People that say IIRC and FWIW... Stop.

Comment

• ryanc123 wrote: View Post
                People that say IIRC and FWIW... Stop.
                You forgot lol!

....who are you again?

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Anthony Bennett has mad potential. The situation just wasn't right for him in Cleveland, him and Wiggins should be a very exciting duo for the next few years. It'll be awesome to watch
                  He looks like he is in 100% better shape as well, I had a time time picking him out in the the highlight posted, I kept looking for the fat guy.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                    He looks like he is in 100% better shape as well, I had a time time picking him out in the the highlight posted, I kept looking for the fat guy.
                    LOL! FWIW and IIRC he was highly touted by the pre-draft scouts for a reason.

Comment

• Raptors play again tonight but Wolves played on Friday ( 10th ) and I have to wait the 17th for Wiggins next game ..

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                        I didn't think it was a dumb statement. He wasn't looking for pity or trying to be offensive. How many white wing players are considered good defenders? Heinrich?
                        Exactly.

All the time at the local gym playing pickup ball in the first game the black guys isolate me and try to break my ankles. Now, I come from a defense first school so it generally doesn't work in their favor, but I can see how that same stereotype is prevalent in the NBA, just as it is in my local gym...and Stauskas is just stating it as it is and not trying to be offensive or anything.

Comment

• TEAM SASKATOON CLAIMS 2ND PLACE AT THE FIBA 3X3 WORLD TOUR FINAL

http://www.basketball.ca/team-saskat...final--p157072

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            Exactly.

All the time at the local gym playing pickup ball in the first game the black guys isolate me and try to break my ankles. Now, I come from a defense first school so it generally doesn't work in their favor, but I can see how that same stereotype is prevalent in the NBA, just as it is in my local gym...and Stauskas is just stating it as it is and not trying to be offensive or anything.
                            Exactly that's how it is I'm a black male and every time I see a white player or some chubby guy who's doesn't look good we go after him to see how he can play.

That's just how it is in real life and Nik was just saying it like it was
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                              TEAM SASKATOON CLAIMS 2ND PLACE AT THE FIBA 3X3 WORLD TOUR FINAL

http://www.basketball.ca/team-saskat...final--p157072
                              Pretty amazing. Canada bringing it on the world stage.

Comment

• Raptors have already played 5 games and I Wolves still stuck at 2 games ... That is a lot of practice going on for Wiggins ..

Comment

Working...
                                X