No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when we were questioning our faith in France as a basketball power, the real team showed up in the 4th quarter. Tony Parker is a mere shadow of his former self.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      So it's Canada vs New Zealand!
      nope

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        nope
        ?

Comment

nope
          Uh, yes. Saturday morning.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
            Just when we were questioning our faith in France as a basketball power, the real team showed up in the 4th quarter. Tony Parker is a mere shadow of his former self.
            I noticed by boxscores that France's guards were contained very well ....

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
              I know France is basketball power but New Zealand often qualifies for world events ...

France 23 points in 1st half ... A lot of ugly basketball being played in this tourney ..
              New Zealand often qualifies because they compete in the Oceania region, which is easily the worst region on the planet. It's just Australia, New Zealand, and a bunch of tiny islands you've never heard of.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                New Zealand often qualifies because they compete in the Oceania region, which is easily the worst region on the planet. It's just Australia, New Zealand, and a bunch of tiny islands you've never heard of.
                Yes but when they are there they do put up a fight ... I see they beat France in 2010 World's ... Just saying it will be a battle for
                Canada ...

Comment

I noticed by boxscores that France's guards were contained very well ....
                  Heurtel (never heard of him before now) played point guard in the 4th quarter when the French offense came to life.

Comment

• Wonder if Levon Kendal is hurt ... He has had a lot of success of Canada in FIBA action . I find it hard to believe Scrub has passed him on the depth chart .. I do like that Jay has shortened his rotation ... The problem with last summer or having a deep rostrum is you want to play everyone ..

Comment

Wonder if Levon Kendal is hurt ... He has had a lot of success of Canada in FIBA action . I find it hard to believe Scrub has passed him on the depth chart .. I do like that Jay has shortened his rotation ... The problem with last summer or having a deep rostrum is you want to play everyone ..
                      Playing 8 games in 9 days had some influence on spreading the minutes around in Mexico. This little thrilla in Manila is only 3 or 4 games in total.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        ?
                        It was answer to saying ... IT WILL BE NZL VS CANADA... like nope NZL messed up.

Comment

It was answer to saying ... IT WILL BE NZL VS CANADA... like nope NZL messed up.
                          But it will be. NZL vs CAN on Saturday in the semi's because NZL lost.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• In Italy ... The Semi's are Italy vs Mexico and Greece vs Croatia

In Serbia ... Serbia vs CZE and Latvia vs Puerto Rico

It seems more prettier ball is being played in these tourneys ie scoring seems higher ..
                            Last edited by guyroch; Fri Jul 8, 2016, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              But it will be. NZL vs CAN on Saturday in the semi's because NZL lost.
                              right. he suggested finals though. Good point though.

Comment

• http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle30804621/

The Stauskas case is clearer. He needs to solidify his NBA future. The slender 6-foot-6 shooting guard saw solid court time with the woeful Philadelphia 76ers but has been easily muscled around in the NBA. He struggled on offence and defence.

“His first two years weren’t great,” said Paul Stauskas, Nik’s father.

A summer of international basketball wasn’t the answer. Since the regular season ended in mid-April, it’s been all about bulking up – and adding flexibility in yoga and pilates. Stauskas’s core strength has increased considerably. He has gained about 10 pounds of muscle, up from 205 and aiming for 220.

Choosing career over country wasn’t easy.

Stauskas is close with Steve Nash, general manager of the national team.

“When Steve calls and says, ‘Hey Nik, we need you for the team,’ it’s very difficult to say no,” Paul Stauskas said.

Comment

Working...
                                X