Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    Jamal Murray needs to be on the FIBA roster. Damn he would look great on the Raptors.
    Jay May not start the guy but has the confidence in the world in him closing out games for him .. Even after going scoreless the first 3 quarters he kept him in and gave him the green light to shoot

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      I've already decided we're taking him with the NYK/DEN pick. Masai turning Bargs into Jamal Murray is even more impressive than Jesus turning water into wine.
      I will f'n lose it if Masai can make IT happen.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        I will f'n lose it if Masai can make IT happen.
        There will be too much pressure on him to pass him up. Going into Lowry's last year as well. So much for Delon Wright.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          There will be too much pressure on him to pass him up. Going into Lowry's last year as well. So much for Delon Wright.
          Could mean a Lowry trade at that point depending on the success of this season.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Jamal Murray is really fucking good. Great win for Canada. The future of Canada Basketball is looking great. I know this is a USA B team, but it's a Canada B team too. I'm not sure if anyone on this team will start at FIBA Americas, that's how deep we are.
            I'd say that was more of a USA N team. Who's their best player? Anthony Randolph?

But still proud of team Canada.. going for gold is quite an achievement no matter who they're playing against.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Could mean a Lowry trade at that point depending on the success of this season.
              I could see it only happening on draft night. That's only if CoJo impressive enough that he could be thrust into the starting role. Murray moved up from 15th to 6th on Draftexpress big board after yesterday's game.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I could see it only happening on draft night. That's only if CoJo impressive enough that he could be thrust into the starting role. Murray moved up from 15th to 6th on Draftexpress big board after yesterday's game.
                Not sure you can trade Lowry and expect to sign DD on a "reasonable deal" a week later.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                  Not sure you can trade Lowry and expect to sign DD on a "reasonable deal" a week later.
                  Depends who you get back in return for Lowry
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Depends who you get back in return for Lowry
                    And it doesn't HAVE to happen at the draft. Summer deals are common as well.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Doesn't Jamal Murray remind you of Penny Hardaway?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Doesn't Jamal Murray remind you of Penny Hardaway?
                        He reminds me a lot of most guys like that. I see a lot of Brandon Roy in him. I think with a bit more flair though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          And it doesn't HAVE to happen at the draft. Summer deals are common as well.
                          I meant that's the earliest I could see it happening
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I meant that's the earliest I could see it happening
                            Agreed.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Well alla analytic projections show that our bargs pick will be 5th in the draft

Comment

• Great article on Jamal Murray from The Sun of all places: http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/24...s-on-big-stage

Aside from the write up on Murray, there's some more interesting tidbits in there as well:
                                Rowan Barrett, a long-time member of Canada’s national team and now executive vice-president and assistant GM of the senior men’s team, knows wins like Friday’s are only going to make the recruiting for future teams that much easier.

“Even in our non-competition year last year, we had five NBA players come out on a Tour of Europe and we’re going to have more and more players come out and now they’re recruiting one another,” Barrett said. “There’s an expectation, they’re looking at each other: ‘Are you going to be here this summer?’ It’s their program. It’s up to us to provide the resources they need, but it’s their program and they’re going to own it for years to come. It will go as far as they take it.”
                                These young guys really take pride in wearing the Red and White, and this is a great point about how will now start to pressure one another to participate.
                                Last edited by Joey; Sat Jul 25, 2015, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X