Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Fair, but I still wouldn't say he's going to be the worst player in the league.
    I'd say there's a fair chance...at least in the category of players that are all so bad trying to distinguish which one is the worst is pointless.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      The guy played 2mins in the entire summer league loooool
      He set a Summer League record (100%) for field goal percentage.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I'd say there's a fair chance...at least in the category of players that are all so bad trying to distinguish which one is the worst is pointless.
        All basketball players in the NBA are good basketball players.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
          All basketball players in the NBA are good basketball players.
          Compared to any player, but not on a spectrum only involving other NBA players. These are supposed to be top tier professionals. Not all NBA players are good NBA players.

Comment

Compared to any player, but not on a spectrum only involving other NBA players. These are supposed to be top tier professionals. Not all NBA players are good NBA players.
            I played basketball with and against thousands of athletes, some very talented, and only one player that I played pick up ball with was drafted by the NBA, Boston Celtics in the eighth round in 1979. He never made the roster.

Comment

I played basketball with and against thousands of athletes, some very talented, and only one player that I played pick up ball with was drafted by the NBA, Boston Celtics in the eighth round in 1979. He never made the roster.
              Ok...you're not countering what I said. Being an NBA player doesn't mean you're good compared to other NBA players. And that's all that matters. You don't get points for being better than most every guy who isn't good enough to make the league.

No one ever said Bhullar was a bad basketball player. Just that he could be the worst player in the NBA, or bad enough that there's no point to really discussing it.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                The guy played 2mins in the entire summer league loooool
                Actually about 10 minutes, over 4 games.
                http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2014/teams/kings/#stats

Comment

• ha, Bhullar signing is purely a PR move, but he won't be around long enough to attract much attention in India. It's more about local interest. Having lived in N.Cal. for a while, and until recently, I've seen:
                  - a rapidly growing Indian population in the area
                  - bollywood dance troop routines at half time of Kings' games. India isn't paying attention, but locals are.

Comment

We all know the worst player in the NBA would kick our ass without even trying.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Sim's signing is a smart business decision. Huge untapped market there in India and if the Kings throw some garbage time minutes Bhullar's way it will be a PR coup for the NBA and a step towards the King's becoming India's team.
                      hardly. first of all bhullar isn't even from india. hes from north york. and hes not going to have the same effect as jeremy lin did for asians since bhullar will basically just get garbage minutes if any at all. he didn't even get to play in the d-league finals game.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        hardly. first of all bhullar isn't even from india. hes from north york. and hes not going to have the same effect as jeremy lin did for asians since bhullar will basically just get garbage minutes if any at all. he didn't even get to play in the d-league finals game.
                        Bhullarsanity?
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          Lin was born in the USA. Think Bhullar would have a contract if there wasn't this India connection (family, King's owner, huge untapped market)? The NBA is about business more than it is about basketball.

Comment

• Hah! I'm in India right now and it seems like no one has a clue who he is.

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                              Hah! I'm in India right now and it seems like no one has a clue who he is.
                              Are you around people talking about sports? Does the NBA come up a lot?

Comment

Are you around people talking about sports? Does the NBA come up a lot?
                                I was in the Adidas & Nike store and when I asked about him they had no idea. They don't even have any Basketball merchandise, only Soccer! They even have a store named after Manchester United.

Comment

Working...
                                X