No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Shulman posting a lot of great things about Canada Basketball, and apparently getting a lot of love as well. If we could somehow lure him away from ESPN to call Raptors games, it would be bigger than a lot of Free Agent signings in my books. Haha

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
      Do you think Bebe and Bruno are good enough to make the Brazilian A team?
      Bruno, no of course. Bebe its hard to say. Their bigs were pretty good from what I saw. But over all its their system and you can see that they have played together for some time. Thats the big diff in international ball for many teams....they are a team. The US smokes everyone in the big games because of sheer talent and both them and Can. did not even have their B teams here. So we did well enough making it to the finals.

Has anyone seen GV & the Ven. team? Havent seen him get any facetime!

Comment

• Vasquez will likely be in Mexico for FIBAs. He did not play in Toronto.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          Hey if our "A team" was dressed you wouldn't be talking smack! CoJo, Wiggins and Tristan would smash this tippy toes ballerina lineup of Brazil!
          Well, this was not Brazil's A team either. Nene, Barbosa, Splitter, Raul Neto & Huertas were all out. Plus, barring Murray, Wiggins and Thompson, Canada's not that impressive on talent alone. Not saying Brazil is, but we obviously have a better team system in place. Ruben Magnano is a great basketball coach. He steered Argentina's golden generation (Ginobili, Scola, Prigioni) to a lot of titles. We were very fortunate to get him.

And no Bruno wouldn't go to the Olympics team. Bebe might. But I don't think so either.

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
            Well, this was not Brazil's A team either. Nene, Barbosa, Splitter, Raul Neto & Huertas were all out. Plus, barring Murray, Wiggins and Thompson, Canada's not that impressive on talent alone. Not saying Brazil is, but we obviously have a better team system in place. Ruben Magnano is a great basketball coach. He steered Argentina's golden generation (Ginobili, Scola, Prigioni) to a lot of titles. We were very fortunate to get him.

And no Bruno wouldn't go to the Olympics team. Bebe might. But I don't think so either.
            If Canada were to have a full talent team dressed alone, they should be one of the best teams in the world.

PG: CoJo, Ennis, J.Anderson
            SG: Stauskas, J. Murray, Heslip
            SF: Wiggins, Ejim, T.Lyles
            PF: Thompson, Bennet, Nicholson
            C: Olynyk, R.Sacre, D.Powell.

Comment

• Was nice seeing Bennett play as well as he did. haven't seem him ball like that since college.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                Was nice seeing Bennett play as well as he did. haven't seem him ball like that since college.
                I think confidence has biggest hurdle for him lately. After the spotlight he had on him the first few years to produce, and all the criticism aimed at him, its no surprise the guy suffered for it. I'd love to see him come next year and go HAM. He's got a great body for a SF in the NBA.

Comment

If Canada were to have a full talent team dressed alone, they should be one of the best teams in the world.

In some years, yeah, probably. Right now, or even come Olympics time, I don't think so, to be honest. I would put, off the top of my head, Argentina, Spain, France and obviously United States ahead in the talent department overall. I think you guys right now are second-tier, like Brazil, Greece and Lithuania... Croatia also has some talent. I really wanna see Saric and Hezonja playing together. The potential for craziness is off the charts.

Comment

We look really good on paper, but still... unless we get Durants and Lebrons on our team, we can't get cocky. It's not an easy task to beat teams like Croatia, Argentina, Slovenia, Spain, Lithuania, Serbia, France in FIBA games. They got something more than talent.

We should be one of the best teams in the world, but it's going to take more than talent.. at least for now. ( We got Durant-like kids growing up, I can feel it! )
                    Last edited by rocwell; Sat Jul 25, 2015, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      We look really good on paper, but still... unless we get Durants and Lebrons on our team, we can't get cocky. It's not an easy task to beat teams like Croatia, Argentina, Slovenia, Spain, Lithuania, Serbia, France in FIBA games. They got something more than talent.

We should be one of the best teams in the world, but it's going to take more than talent.. at least for now. ( We got Durant-like kids growing up, I can feel it! )
                      Who needs Durants and Lebrons when you have Wiggins.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Who needs Durants and Lebrons when you have Wiggins.
                        I mean yeah, Wiggins is our boy, but...

I need everyone Just look at those guys just having a laugh out there.

Comment

• Nice fight after quite the hole we had to get out of. Brazil sure has some talent and plays well together. Murray seems to start slow and then gets rolling you could tell the Brazilians were aware of his talent.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

This Canada basketball thing better start not only looking good on paper but also looking good on the court . On paper I think we were better then Brazil today

Comment

• I must say this tournament should have been spread out more 5 straight days is crazy

Comment

• Give Powell a Canadian passport. haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X