Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    He reminds be a little of Steve Francis, but the best possible version of Steve Francis.
    Except Francis was an immature little twat that played Hero ball.

Comment

• I think Heslip has pretty much locked up his spot for FIBA Americas. The way that he can come in and score in a hurry is just so valuable in FIBA tournament format.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Except Francis was an immature little twat that played Hero ball.
        That's what I meant by 'best possible version'.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Is the FIBA rule for assists different from the NBA? Cant believe the entire team only had 9 assists, the ball was moving pretty well.

Comment

• Yeah, it's really stingy in giving assists. The announcers pointed out a few really good passing plays that did not result in an assist.

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
              Is the FIBA rule for assists different from the NBA? Cant believe the entire team only had 9 assists, the ball was moving pretty well.
              Not 100% sure, but I think there's only one difference in assists rule. In FIBA, if your pass leads to shooting foul and 2 free throws are good - you get an assist.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                Not 100% sure, but I think there's only one difference in assists rule. In FIBA, if your pass leads to shooting foul and 2 free throws are good - you get an assist.
                I thought it was that NBA players could dribble twice after making the catch, or something like that.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  I thought it was that NBA players could dribble twice after making the catch, or something like that.
                  From FIBA's stats manual

A pass to a player at half court who dribbles directly to the basket for a successful layup is an assist. However, if that player has to divert to dribble around a defensive player, no assist is given.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Irving's actually not a bad comp.

Not as good on O, but better on D.
                    I see some Brandon Roy, maybe a bit quicker.

Comment

• Brazil looks like the best team in the tournament and Benite the best player. He took the US guards to school. 34 points.

Comment

• Canada used a balanced attack to defeat Mexico 96-76 Thursday and move within one win of a first ever medal in Pan American Games men’s basketball play.

Brady Heslip, who scored the first 10 points of the fourth quarter for Canada, led with 20 points. Three other Canadians finished in double figures.

Brazil beat the United States, 93-83, Thursday night in Toronto to finish atop Pool A at the 2015 Pan American Games

And so the semi's are set ... Canada vs U.S and Brazil vs Dominican ... Let's hope Canada mind set
                        is they are playing the team with the name on the back of the jersey and not playing the team with the logo in front of the Jersey ...

This is the next roster U.S will face ..

Ron Baker, Wichita State University
                        Malcolm Brogdon, University of Virginia
                        Bobby Brown, Dongguan Leopards (China)
                        Ryan Hollins, Sacramento Kings
                        Keith Langford, UNICS Kazan (Russia)
                        Shawn Long, University of Louisiana
                        Taurean Prince, Baylor University
                        Anthony Randolph, Lokomotiv-Kuban (Russia)
                        Kaleb Tarczewski, University of Arizona
                        Romelo Trimble, University of Maryland
                        Denzel Valentine, Michigan State University
                        Damien Wilkins, Indios de Mayagüez (Puerto Rico)

Head coach Mark Few, Gonzaga

Assistant coach Tad Boyle, University of Colorado

Assistant coach Mike Brown
                        Last edited by guyroch; Fri Jul 24, 2015, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          I see some Brandon Roy, maybe a bit quicker.
                          Brandon Roy .. Great comparative

Comment

• Box Score Highlights:

Jamal Murray 14 pts, 6/9 FG, 1/4 3pt, 1/2 FT, 5 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl

Andrew Nicholson 11 pts, 3/9 FG, 1/2 3pt, 4/4 FT, 10 reb

Anthony Bennett 10 pts, 1/3 FG, 1/2 3pt, 7/10 FT, 8 reb, 1 ast, 1 blk

Brady Heslip 20 pts, 8/13 FG, 4/7 3pt, 1 reb, 1 ast

Sim Bhullar 5 pts, 2/2 FG, 1/4 FT, 2 reb, 2 blk

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                              Brazil looks like the best team in the tournament and Benite the best player. He took the US guards to school. 34 points.
                              So far Ven 60 Mexico 39 ... Interesting to see the quality of completion of the other Pool in the tourment

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                                So far Ven 60 Mexico 39 ... Interesting to see the quality of completion of the other Pool in the tourment
                                Venezuela 0-3 beats Mexico 83 - 59

Comment

Working...
                                X