Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Sac Kings need their own thread -- and potentially need a reality tv show

Raptors Republic Veteran iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kings got beat by Philly. Hahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good read on what is going on with the Kings.

The Kings closely guard the 6-foot-11 center’s weight and body fat percentage. Clearly, he’s not the player who labored during the Las Vegas Summer League before his rookie season. But his condition fluctuates wildly, and for large chunks of the past two seasons, he has been ill, slowed by nagging injuries and perhaps most noticeably gimpy and unable to gain any lift in the low post.

His numbers reflect the confounding nature of his talent. He is averaging 24.1 points and 10.3 rebounds but is shooting a career-low 41.8 percent.
    http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-col...e52596430.html

This is why I've always been skeptical of Cousins. He's just not a winner, he doesn't have the right mentality between his ears. Nobody as talented and athletically gifted as he is should be shooting 41.8% from the field. It's ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Good read on what is going on with the Kings.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-col...e52596430.html

This is why I've always been skeptical of Cousins. He's just not a winner, he doesn't have the right mentality between his ears. Nobody as talented and athletically gifted as he is should be shooting 41.8% from the field. It's ridiculous.
    i think its because hes also started shooting 3's this season. he never has before. that'll generally drag anyones overall fg% down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i think its because hes also started shooting 3's this season. he never has before. that'll generally drag anyones overall fg% down.
    That's part of it for sure, but his TS% as a whole is down because of his overall inefficiency. His % on two-pointers is the lowest it's been since his rookie season.

Don't get me wrong. Dude is a baller. And he seems genuinely misunderstood a lot of the time. But he's also a powderkeg. I have zero faith in how he'd react if things started going wrong in a playoff situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    That's part of it for sure, but his TS% as a whole is down because of his overall inefficiency. His % on two-pointers is the lowest it's been since his rookie season.

Don't get me wrong. Dude is a baller. And he seems genuinely misunderstood a lot of the time. But he's also a powderkeg. I have zero faith in how he'd react if things started going wrong in a playoff situation.
    i'd still take him on the raps! i think a winning environment is all the kid needs to get shit together. years of losing has got to make people go mad. remember when amir threw his mouthguard at a ref? and he was generally the happiest dude on the team!

6. Like Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Kings got beat by Philly. Hahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup but they put 142 points on the Suns tho
    Eat, Don't sleep, Repeat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Yup but they put 142 points on the Suns tho
    Phoenix might be worse than Philly right now

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Cousins reminds me so much of Zach Randolph pre grizzlies. Insanely talented pf/c just not in the right situations. Remember zbo had a pretty bad rep early on too

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Well it looks like Rondo was the perfect point guard for Cousins. They are definitely bringing out the best in each other. Cousins is looking like a force of nature, hope he can drag the Kings to the playoffs, their fans deserve it.

Pretty close to conceding I was wrong about whether his talent would overcome his character issues. Just have to see how the rest of his season shakes out, but he's looking great.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kings Mess Up Again: Planned to distribute monkey t's on first day of Black History Month...

The Sacramento Kings scrapped plans for a T-shirt giveaway at the last-minute on Monday after DeMarcus Cousins reportedly objected to them.

The shirts were part of the Sacramento Kings’ celebration of the Lunar New Year in February. The shirts depicted a purple monkey symbolizing the year of the monkey in the Chinese New Year in the team’s color.

The giveaway seems to have been unfortunately planned as Monday was the first day of Black History Month. Referring to African-Americans as monkeys or lower forms of primates has been considered racist, and a shirt with a monkey on the first day of Black History Month appears to have raised concerns in a league that is predominantly African-American.
    http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016/...history-month/

You can't make this shit up. Seriously.

Raptors Republic Veteran Jangles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Pure gold.

Post Thanks / Like

How did these guys not beat the Bulls without Butler, Mirotic, or Noah? They won't catch Utah or Portland if they can't lock down gifts like this. Chicago is a decent team but giving up 24 points to Etwaun Moore is not going to get it done.

Raptors Republic Superstar tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching the Kings-Celtics. Kings put up 37 points in the 1st quarter...and they're trailing by 9.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Superstar tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

17. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tonious35 wrote: View Post
    His one questionable hire strongly advised that he keep his other questionable hire.

Post Thanks / Like

Like clockwork..
    http://deadspin.com/report-kings-min...rom-1757827789

Vivek Ranadivé bought the Sacramento Kings and saved them from being relocated to Seattle in 2013. But ever since then he has been a disaster, and according to a report from Chris Mannix, the Kings minority owners are trying to get him out of the paint:

Kings minority owners have quietly explored ways to seize controlling interest from Ranadive, sources told The Vertical, but on this there is little recourse. Owning an NBA team has become almost bulletproof, with an owner-friendly CBA redirecting the money and billions in television revenue set to flow into the league’s coffers in the coming year. Ranadive’s mismanagement has set the rebuilding Kings back years, but that alone won’t be enough for anyone to remove him.
    Reports at the time pegged Ranadivé’s stake in the team at 65 percent, so while the minority owners own a considerable share of the team, it is still Ranadivé’s to do with what he wants, unless he chooses to sell.

The minority owners are right to be worried: Ranadivé has been a very bad owner. He has looked like a fool on numerous occasions, such as when he legitimately suggested the Kings run a 4-on-5 defense, or when he allowed ESPN cameras into the draft room to capture him cheerleading the Nik Stauskas pick. He made the rookie mistake of hiring a head coach before a GM, and then compounded it by firing that coach—the only one to ever get along with DeMarcus Cousins—a year-and-a-half later. After the Kings inevitably fire George Karl sometime this month, they’ll be onto their fourth coach of the Ranadivé era.

The Sacramento Kings Are Just A Huge Fuckin' Mess
    Two weeks ago, DeMarcus Cousins scored a then-career high 48 points as the Kings beat the Pacers…
    Read more
    But while the minority owners may have have little recourse for Ranadivé’s incompetence, that doesn’t mean they can’t try and force the issue. The first domino in the chain of events that forced former Atlanta Hawks owner Bruce Levenson to sell the team was minority owner Michael Gearon Jr. feeling disrespected by GM Danny Ferry. When Ferry read a scouting report on a conference call that said Luol Deng, “[has] got some African in him,” Gearon pounced, leading to an old racist email of Levenson’s being discovered. That’s not to say there is some racist skeleton in Ranadivé’s closet, but that antagonistic minority owners can and will make life difficult for him, especially by undermining him and his chosen lieutenants in the press.

Ranadivé saved the Kings and built them a brand new arena that’s set to open next season, two monumental accomplishments. But besides getting Cousins to sign a contract extension, the Kings have done almost nothing basketball-related right. It is well past time for Ranadivé to hire an accomplished GM—not a former Kings legend who is in over his head—and step way back. If he doesn’t, his minority owners will try to make him.
    "If ya ain't first, yer last!"

20. Like Hotshot liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post

Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting to me that some people are still focusing on Ranadive, who while deserving his fair share of the blame, was apparently a a patsy for Pete D'Alessandro. The Kings fans on reddit have been calling D'Alessandro a snake and a weasel for the past few months after some local reporter gave some insight on what was going on behind the scenes.

Raptors Republic Superstar JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Finding out the Kings are interested in you must be a crappy way to start your day.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

24. Like 3inthekeon liked this post
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information