Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Sac Kings need their own thread -- and potentially need a reality tv show

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Sacramento really should consider trading Cousins.. if they get a package like Minny got for Love or Orlando got for Howard it can work out for them. I could see him becoming Zbo 2.0 if he plays for the right team.
    They aren't tanking. Well not intentionally it'll just happen. They can wait until he is a FA and the team is in the toilet in 2018

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

And now, they're shopping Stauskas, the guy they specifically targeted in the draft as filling a need (and gotta think they liked his ceiling too)....

Determined to find an upgrade to complement inside force DeMarcus Cousins, the Sacramento Kings are seeking frontcourt help in a trade and are willing to discuss first-round pick Nik Stauskas in the deal, league sources told CBSSports.com.

The Kings want to pair Cousins with a frontline player who would fit with his post-up skills -- either a stretch four or above-the-rim defender, sources said. They've fielded numerous calls about Stauskas, whose opportunities have been limited with the steadily improving play of Ben McLemore.

Sacramento thus far has rebuffed teams inquiring about Stauskas, the sharpshooter from Michigan whom they selected with the eighth overall pick in the draft. But the Kings' motivation to put a "high-level" player next to Cousins on the front line has heightened, making them finally willing to include Stauskas in trade talks.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/...auskas-in-deal

Clearly no patience whatsoever, and no real plan. So they want a high-impact frontcourt player for an underachieving rookie and salary filler? Good luck.

I'd love to go after him, though I'm not sure we can give them something that makes sense. Fucking hilarious though. Sacto is just completely fubar. If I was any player on that team, I'd be trying to find my way out ASAP.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Jan 15th, 2015 at 05:52 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    And now, they're shopping Stauskas, the guy they specifically targeted in the draft as filling a need (and gotta think they liked his ceiling too)....

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/...auskas-in-deal

Clearly no patience whatsoever, and no real plan. So they want a high-impact frontcourt player for an underachieving rookie and salary filler? Good luck.

I'd love to go after him, though I'm not sure we can give them something that makes sense. Fucking hilarious though. Sacto is just completely fubar. If I was any player on that team, I'd be trying to find my way out ASAP.
    give them 2nd rounder and $3m in cash.

Post Thanks / Like

If Stauskas is available cheap, then get him.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jason Jones: Is this the time when I remind everyone that some in the Kings front office wanted to draft Klay Thompson but the pick was Jimmer Fredette? Twitter @mr_jasonjones

...post Klay's 37 pts in 3rd qtr against the Kings.

6. Like stretch liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Jason Jones: Is this the time when I remind everyone that some in the Kings front office wanted to draft Klay Thompson but the pick was Jimmer Fredette? Twitter @mr_jasonjones

...post Klay's 37 pts in 3rd qtr against the Kings.
    Ouch! Kings passed on Elfrid Payton, Saric, and Nurkic to draft Stauskas last June.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Sacramento.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Has Ranadive fired his fan based draft consulting team as yet?

Raptors Republic Starter 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kings seem easy jokes with this "fan based draft", but the thinking is sound.

Drafts are crapshoots, somewhat. There are smart analytic people out there who are fans, but don't work for teams. Do any of these fans have a predictive system that can more accurately predict future success or failure than what they use now, so they do't end up drafting the next Jimmer over the next Klay.

I know Hollinger had his "Draft Rater" when he was with ESPN, Maybe someone out there has something better.Can't hurt to try.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Drafts are crapshoots, somewhat. There are smart analytic people out there who are fans, but don't work for teams. Do any of these fans have a predictive system that can more accurately predict future success or failure than what they use now, so they do't end up drafting the next Jimmer over the next Klay.

I know Hollinger had his "Draft Rater" when he was with ESPN, Maybe someone out there has something better.Can't hurt to try.
    On its own yes, but when you step back it's a symptom of a larger problem. Fan based drafting, firing a coach who had the support of their team leader, overpaying to keep Rudy Gay (seriously, who else was going to pay that?), etc. You can go through this thread and find more... it's mistake after mistake. The Kings are like a really bad slapstick comedy.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Meh, I think in the end it was just a PR gimmick to try and reach out to the fanbase of a team that's been kind of terrible for some time.

Then again, everything Sacto does seems like a gimmick to me. Ranadive seems out of control, and is treating the team too much like his own personal toy to do with as he pleases. Seems like he is making all the decisions.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information