Sac Kings need their own thread -- and potentially need a reality tv show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    Jason Jones: Is this the time when I remind everyone that some in the Kings front office wanted to draft Klay Thompson but the pick was Jimmer Fredette? Twitter @mr_jasonjones

...post Klay's 37 pts in 3rd qtr against the Kings.
    Ouch! Kings passed on Elfrid Payton, Saric, and Nurkic to draft Stauskas last June.

Comment

• Poor Sacramento.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Has Ranadive fired his fan based draft consulting team as yet?

Comment

• Kings seem easy jokes with this "fan based draft", but the thinking is sound.

Drafts are crapshoots, somewhat. There are smart analytic people out there who are fans, but don't work for teams. Do any of these fans have a predictive system that can more accurately predict future success or failure than what they use now, so they do't end up drafting the next Jimmer over the next Klay.

I know Hollinger had his "Draft Rater" when he was with ESPN, Maybe someone out there has something better.Can't hurt to try.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            Kings seem easy jokes with this "fan based draft", but the thinking is sound.

Drafts are crapshoots, somewhat. There are smart analytic people out there who are fans, but don't work for teams. Do any of these fans have a predictive system that can more accurately predict future success or failure than what they use now, so they do't end up drafting the next Jimmer over the next Klay.

I know Hollinger had his "Draft Rater" when he was with ESPN, Maybe someone out there has something better.Can't hurt to try.
            On its own yes, but when you step back it's a symptom of a larger problem. Fan based drafting, firing a coach who had the support of their team leader, overpaying to keep Rudy Gay (seriously, who else was going to pay that?), etc. You can go through this thread and find more... it's mistake after mistake. The Kings are like a really bad slapstick comedy.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Kings seem easy jokes with this "fan based draft", but the thinking is sound.

Meh, I think in the end it was just a PR gimmick to try and reach out to the fanbase of a team that's been kind of terrible for some time.

Then again, everything Sacto does seems like a gimmick to me. Ranadive seems out of control, and is treating the team too much like his own personal toy to do with as he pleases. Seems like he is making all the decisions.

Comment

• cousins has just completely given up. this is hilarious

http://www.nba.com/video/games/kings...sac-play7.nba/

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  cousins has just completely given up. this is hilarious

Oh man...I laughed so much

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    cousins has just completely given up. this is hilarious

Wow.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Wow.
                      Can't watch this on my phone, is it the play where he just let's Sleights go for an alley oop?
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        Can't watch this on my phone, is it the play where he just let's Sleights go for an alley oop?
                        yep!

Comment

• Wow. Again. What the hell are these guys doing? Now they want to make another coaching change midseason...Why didn't you just hire the guy you wanted to begin with?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...karl/23035431/

The Sacramento Kings are seriously considering making another midseason coaching change and bringing in longtime head coach George Karl, according to two people with knowledge of the situation.

The people spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of the process. It has been nearly eight weeks since the Kings made the ill-timed decision to fire coach Michael Malone and promote his lead assistant Tyrone Corbin to the top spot, and matters have only grown worse since.

Comment

• I can't wait until they try and play 4 on 5 on defence
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              I can't wait until they try and play 4 on 5 on defence
                              Wait? Just look at that Cousins "no D" clip...it's already happening.

Comment

• I hope Karl is smart enough to stay away from this mess --

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...aching-vacancy

Comment

Working...
                                X