The Crazy Turnover Trade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Crazy Turnover Trade!

Here is a potential scenario that would drastically change our roster, which may not be the best thing right now, but could offer some interesting and highly Canadian options!

1. Trade Ross/Johnson + 2014, 2016, 2018 1st round picks to Cleveland for Wiggins and Bennett. May not be enough, but allows Cleveland to get rid of Bennett without losing face, they get their experienced players and shed a bit of salary.

2. Toronto trades Bennett to Denver for the 11th and 41st overall picks in 2014. Denver appears not that keen in what is left and gets a former #1 that can play immediately.

3. Toronto trades the 11th pick to Phoenix (who want to jump up to trade their player) for the 14th and 27th and 50th pick.

4. Toronto trades Hansborough, Salmans, and Fields and a future 2nd round pick for Carolos Boozer ($16.8 M) + th 16th pick.

5. Toronto trades Novak + 16th pick + Byucks for Tony Allen + 22nd pick. They remove Allen's long term contract and allow their young players to get more time and move up the draft.

6. Toronto trades a future 2nd round pick for Philadelphia's 47th overall pick.

Overall, Toronto drafts Wiggins #1, Stauskas #14, Ennis #22, Capela #27, Walter Tavares #37 (keep in Europe), Dwight Powell #47, and Jordan Bachynski #59.

It would leave the following roster:

PG: Lowry, Vasquez(SG), Ennis
    SG: Derozan, Stauskas
    SF: Wiggins, Allen
    PF: Boozer, Pattersen, Capela or Dwight Powell
    C: Valenciunas, Hayes, Bachynksi

You could look to sign Okafor, Al-Faroug Aminu and Aaron Gray to round out your roster and be slightly over the cap.

It won't happen, but would be fun!

We have a whole forum dedicated to trades.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Sign me up.

Comment

This is still more likely than Lebron signing here

Comment

I can't move this to the right place via Tapatalk phone app but I will say that there are rules against dealing consecutive picks like that, is there not? I'm not the CBA pro I used to be so I could be missing something...

EDIT: never mind. I thought it said 2016, 2017 picks.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            I can't move this to the right place via Tapatalk phone app but I will say that there are rules against dealing consecutive picks like that, is there not? I'm not the CBA pro I used to be so I could be missing something...

EDIT: never mind. I thought it said 2016, 2017 picks.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
            No worries. I moved it to the right sub-forum.

Comment

JDDJ wrote: View Post
              Here is a potential scenario that would drastically change our roster, which may not be the best thing right now, but could offer some interesting and highly Canadian options!

1. Trade Ross/Johnson + 2014, 2016, 2018 1st round picks to Cleveland for Wiggins and Bennett. May not be enough, but allows Cleveland to get rid of Bennett without losing face, they get their experienced players and shed a bit of salary.

2. Toronto trades Bennett to Denver for the 11th and 41st overall picks in 2014. Denver appears not that keen in what is left and gets a former #1 that can play immediately.

3. Toronto trades the 11th pick to Phoenix (who want to jump up to trade their player) for the 14th and 27th and 50th pick.
              Well, you got Wiggins for two role players. So yeah, may not be enough. You actually moved up into the lottery in this process too.

Comment

yuck... that hurt to read.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                X