X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose/Chandler trade (NY/Dallas)

Jose gets to play with Andrea again

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...ew-york-knicks

Knicks trading Chandler and Felton to Dallas for Jose, Dalembert, Larkin, Ellington and future 2nd.

Jose is getting traded again

Comment

Wow. That should make Melo reup with NY.

Felton wont have any troubles with gun laws in Texas.

Comment

Wonder if Jordan will nix it this time around as well.

Comment

Jose is back in our division
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Who is going to play defense for the Knicks? This has to be just the first step. They get rid of Felton and his contract, get 2 pgs -- 1 starter, 1 back up, and Dalembert who is a big downgrade from Chandler. None of these guys are known for defense.

Mavs get their guy and probably cut Felton, and start Harris.

I guess Knicks really wanted to sure up the PG spot, but a lineup of
            Jose,
            Shump/JR Smith,
            Carmelo,
            Bargs,
            Stoudemire/Dalembert

doesn't scare anyone. My guess is Melo still leaves.

Comment

So....Does Dallas become a legit option to go after Lowry now? They had cap space before but it made little sense with Jose under a long-term deal, but now they have a need at PG.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                So....Does Dallas become a legit option to go after Lowry now? They had cap space before but it made little sense with Jose under a long-term deal, but now they have a need at PG.
                Yup.. mentioned this in the Everything Kyle Lowry thread.. Mavs should have about $18M in cap space after the trade goes down. That's enough for Kyle and a player like Deng or Hayward.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  Who is going to play defense for the Knicks? This has to be just the first step. They get rid of Felton and his contract, get 2 pgs -- 1 starter, 1 back up, and Dalembert who is a big downgrade from Chandler. None of these guys are known for defense.

Mavs get their guy and probably cut Felton, and start Harris.

I guess Knicks really wanted to sure up the PG spot, but a lineup of
                  Jose,
                  Shump/JR Smith,
                  Carmelo,
                  Bargs,
                  Stoudemire/Dalembert

doesn't scare anyone. My guess is Melo still leaves.
                  I think the Knicks will tank.. they still have their 2015 pick and could get a top pick easily. Phil is probably looking for a PG that can pick up the triangle real quickly (and I think Jose is smart enough and talented enough to figure it out). There were rumours that he was looking for a pick in the 20's to draft someone like Ennis.. this trade probably means he couldn't get the pick and so went with plan B.

Next season the Knicks will have a boat load of cap space as Amare and Bargnani's contracts expire.

Comment

Knicks getting two picks as well.. not really a bad trade for them (suspect they are rebuilding). They also get two picks ahead of the Raptors 37 and 59. Hopefully they aren't eying guys the Raptors were.

Comment

LMAO @ fans of both teams on twitter saying "I don't get this trade?"

Comment

HAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post

HAHAHAHAHHAHAH
                          Maybe Phil just sent him a text which says that he'll be waived...

Comment

Dalembert could be a cheap shot blocking backup big that MU was looking for (if waived).

Comment

Hey I don't mind dalembert as backup c If knicks let him go but I feel bad for Jose tho

Comment

Working...
                              X