Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What will we get for Salmon's contract?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we will package our two 1st rounders in order to move up. I think something else is in the works.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hoodlum wrote: View Post
    I wonder if we will package our two 1st rounders in order to move up. I think something else is in the works.
    It's possible, but very difficult to get everything in line. The trade won't become official until Memphis makes their selection, which means that the higher team (let's say Phoenix) would need to pick the guy we want, not knowing for sure whether the guys they want will be available at #20 and #22, and not knowing whether Memphis will cancel the deal at the last minute because a guy they like falls or a better offer comes along. There are a lot of contingencies that get in the way of such a trade going smoothly.
    tank-agnostic

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hoodlum wrote: View Post
    I wonder if we will package our two 1st rounders in order top move up. I think something else is in the works.
    Id waaaay rather have 20 and 22 then one lottery pick. This draft is deep and unpredictable. 2 cracks at a first rounder would be amazing.

4. Like KHD, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Id waaaay rather have 20 and 22 then one lottery pick. This draft is deep and unpredictable. 2 cracks at a first rounder would be amazing.
    And having 2 picks so close together presents its own advantages. If Masai had his list down to 5 players, chances are that 2 of them are Raptors in a few hours.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

6. Like Fully, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    And having 2 picks so close together presents its own advantages. If Masai had his list down to 5 players, chances are that 2 of them are Raptors in a few hours.
    Yeah it saves a lot of last minute leg work by the scouts and the Masai. Their range of players for each spot is going to look really similar.

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

+ 1rd Pick
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Thread Information