No announcement yet.

What will we get for Salmon's contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone mentioned that we can't trade Salmons until July 1st?
    I assume if Grizzlies take Salmons from us, they are doing it to expand cap space right?

But suppose, Salmons get traded after July 1st. Wouldn't that make Grizzlies obligated to pay Salmons in full? Given that his contract must be terminated before July to be only guaranteed $1M?

Would this work out?

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
      Someone mentioned that we can't trade Salmons until July 1st?
      I assume if Grizzlies take Salmons from us, they are doing it to expand cap space right?

But suppose, Salmons get traded after July 1st. Wouldn't that make Grizzlies obligated to pay Salmons in full? Given that his contract must be terminated before July to be only guaranteed $1M?

Would this work out?
      No.

He has to be waived by 30th or he gets $7m

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        No.

He has to be waived by 30th or he gets $7m
        And whoever said can't be traded until July 1st is wrong unless they were talking about trading back to Sacramento

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          And whoever said can't be traded until July 1st is wrong unless they were talking about trading back to Sacramento
          Someone mentioned something about... Capien rule or something :s

Man.. I just really hope this trade goes thorugh...

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
            Someone mentioned something about... Capien rule or something :s

Man.. I just really hope this trade goes thorugh...
            Stepien Rule.

can't have no first pick 2 consecutive years.

2015 pick to cavs with protections.

Grizz pick tonight and trade immediately after

Comment

I wonder if we will package our two 1st rounders in order to move up. I think something else is in the works.

Comment

hoodlum wrote: View Post
                I wonder if we will package our two 1st rounders in order to move up. I think something else is in the works.
                It's possible, but very difficult to get everything in line. The trade won't become official until Memphis makes their selection, which means that the higher team (let's say Phoenix) would need to pick the guy we want, not knowing for sure whether the guys they want will be available at #20 and #22, and not knowing whether Memphis will cancel the deal at the last minute because a guy they like falls or a better offer comes along. There are a lot of contingencies that get in the way of such a trade going smoothly.

Comment

hoodlum wrote: View Post
                  I wonder if we will package our two 1st rounders in order top move up. I think something else is in the works.
                  Id waaaay rather have 20 and 22 then one lottery pick. This draft is deep and unpredictable. 2 cracks at a first rounder would be amazing.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Id waaaay rather have 20 and 22 then one lottery pick. This draft is deep and unpredictable. 2 cracks at a first rounder would be amazing.
                    And having 2 picks so close together presents its own advantages. If Masai had his list down to 5 players, chances are that 2 of them are Raptors in a few hours.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      And having 2 picks so close together presents its own advantages. If Masai had his list down to 5 players, chances are that 2 of them are Raptors in a few hours.
                      Yeah it saves a lot of last minute leg work by the scouts and the Masai. Their range of players for each spot is going to look really similar.

Comment

+ 1rd Pick
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                        X