Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: I know who fixes the draft... you may be surprised

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default I know who fixes the draft... you may be surprised

    I thought I would add my own draft day conspiracy theory (no, I don't really believe this... unless it's true).

    If Wiggins gets drafted 1st overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers then it is pretty obvious that USA basketball is truly the muscle behind fixing the NBA draft. How? Forcing the Cavs to draft our top Canadian talent. What a better way to minimize a soon to be dominant (a fair amount of exaggeration should be noted) Canadian basketball program than to have one of the worst franchises draft your top upcoming talent. Think of it... they reached for Thompson (apparently they don't care about the Lithuanian program), they reached for Bennett and now they find Wiggins falling in their lap. Of course this can all be proved wrong tomorrow night if they choose to trade out of the 1st pick or choose someone else... but if they land Wiggins, you know who will be yelling conspiracy at the TV... this guy!!

    Happy Draft Night Eve and enjoy the draft tomorrow!
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am really confused
    I have no idea what the logic is in your argument
    You also forgot Kyrie Irving

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,307
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    wow. just wow.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    wow. just wow.
    Do you get it? If you do help me?

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,307
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
    Do you get it? If you do help me?
    His "theory" is that the easiest way to stunt Basketball Canada's growth is to have all their most important players develop in a bad environment, with bad coaching, and a poor organization. Because Cleveland has been consistently poorly run since the current owner bought the team, USA Basketball is rigging the draft to insure that Canada's best end up on one of the worst run teams in the NBA (Cleveland, Orlando, Boston...).

    This of course negates the fact that the Cavs just hired Blatt, and have a new GM, but in The Coach's mind it explains why the Raps got the top pick in a bad draft, but never in a quality draft. Can't have Raptors fans being inspired to become world class players, am I right coach?



    Really? Really? (What about San Antonio? Did you forget about the PG in San Antonio?)

  6. Like chch166 liked this post
  7. #6
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The argument can be made that having Canadian players drafted by shitty teams is somewhat of a benefit to the players. They're afforded plenty of minutes to hone their craft, and learn through mistakes, so that after 2 years in the league, Wiggins (for example) will have much more experience than someone like Corey Joseph.

    Therefore, I conclude that it's Canada Basketball who's rigging the NBA draft
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  8. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think he was just joking..

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  9. Like Fully liked this post
  10. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The argument can be made that having Canadian players drafted by shitty teams is somewhat of a benefit to the players. They're afforded plenty of minutes to hone their craft, and learn through mistakes, so that after 2 years in the league, Wiggins (for example) will have much more experience than someone like Corey Joseph.

    Therefore, I conclude that it's Canada Basketball who's rigging the NBA draft
    Maybe not Corey Joseph because he's getting good minutes and is a part of a great organization. But definitely see the idea.

    However, I'd personally value Joseph's minutes, even if they were less, because Joseph's would be winning minutes and wiggins's would not be.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

  11. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Maybe not Corey Joseph because he's getting good minutes and is a part of a great organization. But definitely see the idea.

    However, I'd personally value Joseph's minutes, even if they were less, because Joseph's would be winning minutes and wiggins's would not be.
    I see your general point, but Joseph played less than 30 games in both his first two years. Not sure how valuable watching winning basketball is.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  12. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,027
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's David Stern, behind the scenes, plotting against Canada, after all David is a close friend of that evil Canadian hater Gary Bettman.

  13. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kitchener "Sketchener"
    Posts
    1,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Or maybe it's just that Adam silver just hates canada and all it's contents. He's been at every terribly reffed raps game this year so yeah. Silvers the mastermind
    In Swag we Trust

    -Nick Young

  14. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    I think he was just joking..

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Thank you and yes it was meant to be some draft day fun.

  15. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    His "theory" is that the easiest way to stunt Basketball Canada's growth is to have all their most important players develop in a bad environment, with bad coaching, and a poor organization. Because Cleveland has been consistently poorly run since the current owner bought the team, USA Basketball is rigging the draft to insure that Canada's best end up on one of the worst run teams in the NBA (Cleveland, Orlando, Boston...).

    This of course negates the fact that the Cavs just hired Blatt, and have a new GM, but in The Coach's mind it explains why the Raps got the top pick in a bad draft, but never in a quality draft. Can't have Raptors fans being inspired to become world class players, am I right coach?



    Really? Really? (What about San Antonio? Did you forget about the PG in San Antonio?)
    Great explanation in bold. This was the idea behind the "theory"/ joke.

  16. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,307
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    Great explanation in bold. This was the idea behind the "theory"/ joke.
    I'm a big supporter of helping jokes.

  17. #15
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    His "theory" is that the easiest way to stunt Basketball Canada's growth is to have all their most important players develop in a bad environment, with bad coaching, and a poor organization. Because Cleveland has been consistently poorly run since the current owner bought the team, USA Basketball is rigging the draft to insure that Canada's best end up on one of the worst run teams in the NBA (Cleveland, Orlando, Boston...).

    This of course negates the fact that the Cavs just hired Blatt, and have a new GM, but in The Coach's mind it explains why the Raps got the top pick in a bad draft, but never in a quality draft. Can't have Raptors fans being inspired to become world class players, am I right coach?



    Really? Really? (What about San Antonio? Did you forget about the PG in San Antonio?)
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Thank you xD

  18. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    His "theory" is that the easiest way to stunt Basketball Canada's growth is to have all their most important players develop in a bad environment, with bad coaching, and a poor organization. Because Cleveland has been consistently poorly run since the current owner bought the team, USA Basketball is rigging the draft to insure that Canada's best end up on one of the worst run teams in the NBA (Cleveland, Orlando, Boston...).

    This of course negates the fact that the Cavs just hired Blatt, and have a new GM, but in The Coach's mind it explains why the Raps got the top pick in a bad draft, but never in a quality draft. Can't have Raptors fans being inspired to become world class players, am I right coach?



    Really? Really? (What about San Antonio? Did you forget about the PG in San Antonio?)
    I love how you just threw Boston in there as one of the worst run franchises. Nice touch.

  19. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,307
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Other Scott wrote: View Post
    I love how you just threw Boston in there as one of the worst run franchises. Nice touch.
    Your welcome? I just call dysfunction how I see it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •