No announcement yet.

Raptors chasing Grizllies for 22 pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince would be perfect to fill the Salmons role. Also fills the void for Raptor fans to shit on and complain about a player that's bricking shots.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
      This is not the Prince of the Detroit years, but if he can regain his shooting forma and provide corner 3 point shooting and some length on defense it would be a decent trade. If this does go through I see a draft and stash with our remaining second round pick.
      Very important to remember.

Prince is done.

I'm not confident he is an upgrade to Salmons - scary thought.

But he is experienced and he does have a ring.

Interesting the type of team Toronto is likely to build if Lowry resigns is very similar to the Pistons team he won championship with.

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
        Trade Jonas , 20th 22nd for Cavs 1st pick ??
        If Orlando's offer of Aaron Afflalo, #4 and #12 didn't get it done for Cleveland, that offer sure as hell won't.

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
          Trade Jonas , 20th 22nd for Cavs 1st pick ??
          I like it...I would sacrific Jonas, 20 & 22 for Thompson & 1st (Wiggins)...but seeing there is like a 5 % chance that happens would like to see us scoop up Ennis & Anderson at 20 & 22

Comment

Trade would work for both teams, wouldn't say anyone wins it per se

Toronto gets something out of salmons in a useable player and another first rounder

Memphis gets cap relief to resign zbo and a high second rounder
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
              Prince would be perfect to fill the Salmons role. Also fills the void for Raptor fans to shit on and complain about a player that's bricking shots.
              Totally.

He and Salmons are going to get my most intense venom next season as I watch them close out games with Ross and JV stapled to pine.

Comment

Prince isn't better than Salmons is - that's why we're being bribed with the pick upgrade, Memphis wants to clear the salary. Prince's primary purpose will be to school whatever young wing Masai drafts or signs for a year, maybe give defense tips to DeMar and Ross, and that's fine.

Comment

Mods going to be busy on thread merging clean up!

LOL

Comment

Interesting. The message I get from Masai on this deal is "we're building for a championship in 2-3 years from now ... this coming year is for further culture building and organic growth".

Comment

Depends what Memphis does with the cap space from buying out Salmons. (I'm thinking that's what they're going to do, otherwise there would be 0 point to this trade).
                      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
                        Interesting. The message I get from Masai on this deal is "we're building for a championship in 2-3 years from now ... this coming year is for further culture building and organic growth".
                        And waiting for over $20 million of cap space to appear.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

These moves are all about getting Durant in 2016.
                          Myself (March 2014):
                          The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                            This is awesome if true. Presumably Memphis needed the cap space from the Salmons buyout enough that they were willing to swap a first for a second?

Where's DanH when you need him? Salary implications for the Raptors for having a guaranteed 7M on the books instead of the presumed buyout?

Also, those of us who were hoping for this team to be something like the mid-2000s Pistons, we did get closer to that. (Kidding.)
                            No long term implications - Prince is exactly the sort of contract myself and McHappy have been lobbying for - and expiring that a team wants to dump to clear room now, that won't touch our 2015 cap room.

As for this year, it pushes the team closer to the luxury tax, but we can easily still afford to re-sign Lowry, PP, and GV, probably de Colo too if we want, though we'll have to see what they sign for to judge whether the MLE is useable to its full extent.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                              Depends what Memphis does with the cap space from buying out Salmons. (I'm thinking that's what they're going to do, otherwise there would be 0 point to this trade).
                              It is to ensure they can sign Randolph to extension and fill out rest of roster without hitting luxury tax.

No cap space coming in this deal.

The MLE will be more than any cap space they might have.

Comment

If Ujiri pulls off this trade, or one like it, he will have somehow managed to get first round picks for Bargnani and Salmons...I have never felt better about the decision making in Toronto. It feels amazing...and very strange/confusing to feel this way.
                                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Working...
                                X