Raptors chasing Grizllies for 22 pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

magoon wrote: View Post
    There's also the fact that waiting until tonight works out much better for the Raptors, who have the opportunity to decline the trade if anybody they want at #22 is taken - say Capela goes in the teens and Inglis goes #21, they might decide to just sit with what they've got.
    same deal with memphis though, if a guy falls that they like, they pull out
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
      So it would be announced before the selection at 22?
      Teams would most likely agree with Memphis on the clock for the pick (assuming a player Raptors want is available). Toronto would tell Memphis who to pick, and the deal would be approved by the league later tonight.
      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        Good point.. not sure how the trade goes down then considering Salmons has to be traded before June 30th.
        Essentially if the 2 guys that Masai likes are still on the board at 20 and 22, he will make the trade and tell Memphis who to pick for us at 22 and we're gonna pick for them at 37
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
          Memphis drafts #22, then Adam Silver announces a trade where #22 and Tayshaun Prince go to the Raptors in exchange for John Salmons and "future draft considerations," which is most likely #37.
          But Memphis can't trade #22 before July 1 as that would violate the Stepien rule. Or am I wrong?

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Essentially if the 2 guys that Masai likes are still on the board at 20 and 22, he will make the trade and tell Memphis who to pick for us at 22 and we're gonna pick for them at 37
            Okay so maybe they trade Prince for Salmons before June 30th.. and then 37 for 22 after July 1.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              But Memphis can't trade #22 before July 1 as that would violate the Stepien rule. Or am I wrong?
              Memphis just needs to make the selection, not sign the selected player. Trade can go through as soon as the name is announced from the stage.
              http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

God, making a trade in the NBA sounds so complicated haha.
                Myself (March 2014):
                The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                  Memphis just needs to make the selection, not sign the selected player. Trade can go through as soon as the name is announced from the stage.
                  Yea so basically the rights to the player get traded instead of the actual pick
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Question: who's side do you think this is all being leaked from?

I'd lean toward Memphis. It makes sense for them to put out there that a Prince + #22 for expirings and picks is available, and to see if anyone offers something better before tonight.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                      Question: who's side do you think this is all being leaked from?

I'd lean toward Memphis. It makes sense for them to put out there that a Prince + #22 for expirings and picks is available, and to see if anyone offers something better before tonight.
                      tru dat
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Basically, this means that the Raps can't package the #20 and #22 picks to move up until after all the players have been drafted.

Which is fine, I'd almost rather keep the two late round picks then get 1 pick somewhere around #10.
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Just read on Memphis' boards that they like this trade as well, as they need that money to sign Zbo.
                          Myself (March 2014):
                          The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Just read on Memphis' boards that they like this trade as well, as they need that money to sign Zbo.
                            His neck rolls be expensive....

Comment

And will allow them to use MLE.

Comment

This is awesome. We could end up with Ennis AND Capela!

Comment

Working...
                                X