Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If we ignore the parallels of a balls-of-steel GM picking a Brazilian player I had never heard of in their first draft (read: Babcock and Hoffa)...

Does this signal to anyone else that Lowry probably won't be resigning? We went super-young as opposed to win-now, which to me implies there will be more young moves being made and less win-now moves being made. It's rare that we see a team do both at the same time.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    If we ignore the parallels of a balls-of-steel GM picking a Brazilian player I had never heard of in their first draft (read: Babcock and Hoffa)...

Does this signal to anyone else that Lowry probably won't be resigning? We went super-young as opposed to win-now, which to me implies there will be more young moves being made and less win-now moves being made. It's rare that we see a team do both at the same time.
    babcock wasn't a "balls of steel" gm. he was a bad gm.
    For The Win

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how you can say that and then expect anyone to ignore it. Hoffa was drafted top ten with Iggy still on the board. Babcock was drafting out of need and apparently with bad information. This is different in many ways.

4. Like DanH, ceez, Shantz, Nilanka, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't know how you can say that and then expect anyone to ignore it. Hoffa was drafted top ten with Iggy still on the board. Babcock was drafting out of need and apparently with bad information. This is different in many ways.
    Never mind the fact Hoffa was a 24 year old senior who had 4 years of NCAA under his belt.

He was a known commodity.

Bruno is about as unknown to the general basketball/Raptor fan as one can get.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

6. Like ceez, Shantz liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mystery guy with a 7''7' wingspan with a good attitude? We got our 'Po.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

8. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

After getting over the initial shock and watching some footage, albeit limited, I'm pretty excited. He's fluid, moves his feet well, covers a lot of ground off a single dribble, has a workable jumper and an insane wingspan. Can't wait to see him in action.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    After getting over the initial shock and watching some footage, albeit limited, I'm pretty excited. He's fluid, moves his feet well, covers a lot of ground off a single dribble, has a workable jumper and an insane wingspan. Can't wait to see him in action.
    And he is eager.

Heading to LA to eat, lift, and work with DD, TR, and Amir.

A lot to like here.
    Bruno Caboclo

11. Like ceez, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    And he is eager.

Heading to LA to eat, lift, and work with DD, TR, and Amir.

A lot to like here.
    On paper, ignoring the out of nowhere aspect, this kid is a stud. 6'9, 7'7 wingspan, youngest player in the draft, willing defender, reasonably athletic, 3 point range. I mean what!?! That's better on paper than most of the lottery.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely looking forward to summer league. Small forwards with 30km wingspans don't grow on trees.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

14. Like ceez, KazanTheMan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On paper, ignoring the out of nowhere aspect, this kid is a stud. 6'9, 7'7 wingspan, youngest player in the draft, willing defender, reasonably athletic, 3 point range. I mean what!?! That's better on paper than most of the lottery.
    You're preaching to the choir.

I was absolutely stunned last night.

Then panicked when became obvious the Memphis deal fell apart.

But there is a lot to like.

This isn't Hoffa.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey really seems excited to get this guy. Look at his smile haha

Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

17. Like Employee liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on the footage, his listed "200 lbs." seems generous. Kid needs to seriously hit the weight room.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Based on the footage, his listed "200 lbs." seems generous. Kid needs to seriously hit the weight room.
    Get him to the Mandarin on Canada Day.
    Bruno Caboclo

20. Like ceez, Nilanka, KazanTheMan, stretch liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Definitely looking forward to summer league. Small forwards with 30km wingspans don't grow on trees.
    Bruno is a tree!

22. Like Jclaw liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

In reality, if you just look at the physical tools that he brings, it seems as if he is exactly what we as a group were generally hoping the Raptors would get by selecting Inglis. Long, big body, hard working, defensive potential, decent to improving shot, and young...just with more upside?

Very exciting to see what he looks like in summer league. Also nice that the media is apparently able to watch his team workout tomorrow.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah makes me think of Elfrid Payton, Zach Lavine. They were impressive on paper and on scouting video but after doing workouts they jumped in mock drafts

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoffa played for BYU, and was an honorable mention AP All-American. He was a known commodity. That's what made the pick so bad! This guy is a lot less known than Hoffa. I don't think he's ever played outside South America.

Does this signal that they think Lowry is coming back? I think it has to, especially when combined with the Heat drafting Napier. The only team that probably still makes sense is Dallas, and it sounds like they'll be busy courting Carmelo, etc., Is it a guarantee? No, but the likelihood has to be increasing.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahahaha I love the progression of posts on here, it was like a 5 steps of acceptance thing.

1) WHO???
    2) WTF, here we go again! Masia = BC
    3) Maybe it's part of a deal to get Ennis....and we still have the 2nd round picks
    4) Well, I guess this is it.......
    5) This Brazilian kid is really good....lots of GMs wanted him....he's gonna be better than Andrew Wiggins!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Hahahaha I love the progression of posts on here, it was like a 5 steps of acceptance thing.

1) WHO???
    3) Maybe it's part of a deal to get Ennis....and we still have the 2nd round picks
    5) This Brazilian kid is really good....lots of GMs wanted him....he's gonna be better than Andrew Wiggins!
    Nailed it.
    Bruno Caboclo

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post

1) WHO???
    Well said. You couldn't be more right.

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information