10) Child hood dream was to play with Toronto. The Raptors can prove #DreamsCanComeTrue.
9) The Raptors payroll is set up to pay him a max contract....and someone else in 2017.
8) Dwane Casey's contract is up. KD can pick his own coach *cough*Kevin Ollie*cough* Ollie just finalized his divorce - no wife to appease, no baggage to check!
7) He has a perimeter defender in Toronto (Carroll) who will take the tougher wing check night in and night out. Decreases wear and tear plus amount of energy expended each game on defense.
6) The Raptors have the means to pay luxury tax unlike OKC and Toronto is a major international city unlike OKC. Toronto can offer a 2 year max with player option in year 3 allowing him to opt out again and take full advantage of rising salary cap. How will OKC feel about letting him opt out to sign for more? ....again with Westbrook and Ibaka looking to be paid as well.
5) Raptors fans are the best. What other team's fans stand outside the arena for a first round playoff series? And even for AWAY games?
4) Durant could end up in OKC alone as both Westbrook and Ibaka are free agents in 2017 - and all three are max players (see #6 again).
3) The West is brutal - especially relying on rookie contract players and journey men to round out the roster. The East is an easier mountain to climb - especially with a roster of established role players, promising prospects, future draft picks, and financial flexibility.
2) Drake. Raptors have their own, better version of Chandler Parsons.
....and the number 1 reason why Kevin Durant will be a Raptor:
1) NO ONE THINKS IT WILL HAPPEN!
....well, besides a few (or one) obsessed and insane RR poster(s).
Check all the stories of Durant to Toronto and read the comments. Even posters here don't believe it. Leiweke and Ujiri aren't effing around here people. Think BIG!
Toronto is likely only team with assets to facilitate a sign and trade.
Durant, for all intents and purposes, seems like a good guy. The Raptors are the only team vying for his services that are going to be able to offer a package of former all-star entering prime (DeRozan) and draft picks (rights to own 2016 pick possibly and 2017 picks) in a possible sign and trade. This also benefits Raptors for 2017 free agency as to be in position to offer another max contract, Raptors will likely not want the cap hit associated with 2 more first round picks. With Oklahoma in the West, no issue for Toronto about making a conference rival better.
So something like DeRozan and rights to Raps own 2016 pick and Raps own 2017 pick for Durant.