istanbul escort - bursa escort - escort bayan - Antalya Escort
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: New line ups Casey should try

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default New line ups Casey should try

    He loves to go small so why not try
    Lowry-Lou-DeMar-JJ-Jonas
    this line up includes our top 5 highest PER playes


    Stretch line up
    Grevis-Terrence-JJ-2Pat-Hans

    The People's Line up
    Lowry-DeMar-JJ-2PAT-JV

    Offence and Hustle
    Lowry-Lou-Demar-Hans-JV

    The 2 PG line up
    Grevis-Lowry-Terrence-Hans-Amir

    Our best line ups
    Lowry-DeMar-JJ-2Pat-JV
    Lowry-Lou-DeMar-2Pat-JV
    Lowry-DD-TR-Amir-JV

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    2,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lowry, DD, JJ, AJ, JV. Fantastic defensive lineup.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario
    Posts
    890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Lowry, DD, JJ, AJ, JV. Fantastic defensive lineup.
    Dwane did try that, and didn't our offense start going down the drain since we couldn't stretch the defense at all?

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Dwane did try that, and didn't our offense start going down the drain since we couldn't stretch the defense at all?
    Therefore we do a KL-DD-JJ-PP-JV line up

    PP provides us with the spacing we need

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Dwane did try that, and didn't our offense start going down the drain since we couldn't stretch the defense at all?
    Yeah...Dwayne doesn'T know HOW TO CREATE SPACE without T Ross.
    He's not exactly the greatest strategist in the world.
    So he will do something that has worked in the past; whatever that may be.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote distorsun wrote: View Post
    Yeah...Dwayne doesn'T know HOW TO CREATE SPACE without T Ross.
    He's not exactly the greatest strategist in the world.
    So he will do something that has worked in the past; whatever that may be.
    Casey is going to go small. KL-Lou-GV-Demar And Demar-2Pats-AJ mix and match the forwards and guards but they are the bulk

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    2,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Dwane did try that, and didn't our offense start going down the drain since we couldn't stretch the defense at all?
    The offence dropped to very poor (although a lot of that was Lowry and DeMar just going through their mid-season cold streaks, which started before that lineup and continued after). The defence went to all time greatness. Net result was a big +10 net rating. Against some pretty good teams too.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario
    Posts
    890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    The offence dropped to very poor (although a lot of that was Lowry and DeMar just going through their mid-season cold streaks, which started before that lineup and continued after). The defence went to all time greatness. Net result was a big +10 net rating. Against some pretty good teams too.
    Could work for playoffs. Especially considering both teams that we're most likely to play have a big/long player at the 3

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    2,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Could work for playoffs. Especially considering both teams that we're most likely to play have a big/long player at the 3
    Best part about it is the bench unit, with Ross instead of JJ, is also very effective (more out scoring their opponents than defending, but whatever works).

  10. Like Puffer liked this post
  11. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario
    Posts
    890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Best part about it is the bench unit, with Ross instead of JJ, is also very effective (more out scoring their opponents than defending, but whatever works).
    Don't really like the bench unit to be honest. Patterson is already under utilized on the bench and he'll get buried further down with Ross getting touches.

    And Ross, Hans and PPat are all off the ball threats while Lou, the main (at least it seems like it) ball handler is not a distributor.

    Just seems like Ross and PPat will not be used correctly at all on the bench together

  12. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'll just cut-and-paste what I typed in an earlier thread (before Casey started using Lou at the point much):

    GV/KL/DD/AJ/JV
    LW/TR/JJ/PP/TH

    I think this is obvious. And it's a good shake-up that would take other teams by surprise. Lowry and GV together is a proven winner. PP (or TH) could start for Amir depending on matchups. Demar gets to play SF, which might be his true natural position in my opinion. He can post up and rebound and dunk in traffic. Why do people keep seeing him as a two? The only risk I think is Lou Williams not playing the point well, but I think he'd do well against second-string PGs. His quick shot is always a threat. The players around him can all be dynamic with cuts and three-point shooting. It's a good hustle line-up, especially if Ross catches on to the concept. Ross should be scoring dunks on cuts as well as being used as a spot-up three guy. Lou is probably the best choice among our three possible PGs for this type of passing. Our perimeter defense might be lacking a bit here, but it's a lineup facing other teams' second stringers -- not so often their best 3P artists. The rebounding would be a problem. Maybe Fields could be sent in with a mission if that becomes an issue in a particular game.

    I think TH is our best 2nd string center if he's got hustlers around him to snag all the deflections he creates.

    If we get down by 18 points or more, send in the comeback lineup:
    KL/LW/Bruno/PP/BeBe
    You get length, stealing ability, quick release and 3P shooting ability up the wazoo. If they fail, call it good development for the rookies who would get a super-exciting, pressure-free opportunity.

    I think my proposed starting lineup could play zone defense quite well. It's a relatively tall lineup overall, and zone would help hide the limitations of Jonas and GV who are too slow for Casey's usual defensive scheme.

  13. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    2,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Don't really like the bench unit to be honest. Patterson is already under utilized on the bench and he'll get buried further down with Ross getting touches.

    And Ross, Hans and PPat are all off the ball threats while Lou, the main (at least it seems like it) ball handler is not a distributor.

    Just seems like Ross and PPat will not be used correctly at all on the bench together
    When I pulled the numbers 3 weeks ago or so, that bench unit had played 125 minutes together (4th most used lineup) and had put up a 120 ORTG. However they are being used, it is working.

  14. #13
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Lowry, DD, JJ, AJ, JV. Fantastic defensive lineup.
    DanH--always love your posts and insights.

  15. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,002
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lowry-Ross-JJ-Patt-JV is you want the ability to stretch the floor and play defense...

    Also all of Roos, Patt, and JJ know where the next pass is going and nobody will stop the ball
    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    What do you know, we tried to tank and it worked!

  16. #15
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote distorsun wrote: View Post
    Yeah...Dwayne doesn'T know HOW TO CREATE SPACE without T Ross.
    He's not exactly the greatest strategist in the world.
    So he will do something that has worked in the past; whatever that may be.

    Casey is a horrible strategist but a world-class BSer.

    Case in point, the backbreaking play from Saturday night’s loss to the Raptors. It was an isolation for sixth-man extraordinaire Lou Williams, who banged in a step-back 3-pointer to extend Toronto’s lead to 102-97 with 31 seconds left. Here’s how Raptors coach Dwane Casey described the play: “We knew they were going to put their best defender [Luol Deng] on DeMar [DeRozan], and then they put their second-best defender [Wade] on Kyle [Lowry]. So that left [Tyler] Johnson covering Lou. And no disrespect to the young man [Johnson], but Lou can score. So we had the right matchup in that situation.”


    Let's be serious... it doesn't matter what the match up was, it was always going to be a Lou iso. Since when does Casey change the final play depending on match-ups?

  17. #16
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoFrillz wrote: View Post
    Casey is a horrible strategist but a world-class BSer.

    Case in point, the backbreaking play from Saturday night’s loss to the Raptors. It was an isolation for sixth-man extraordinaire Lou Williams, who banged in a step-back 3-pointer to extend Toronto’s lead to 102-97 with 31 seconds left. Here’s how Raptors coach Dwane Casey described the play: “We knew they were going to put their best defender [Luol Deng] on DeMar [DeRozan], and then they put their second-best defender [Wade] on Kyle [Lowry]. So that left [Tyler] Johnson covering Lou. And no disrespect to the young man [Johnson], but Lou can score. So we had the right matchup in that situation.”


    Let's be serious... it doesn't matter what the match up was, it was always going to be a Lou iso. Since when does Casey change the final play depending on match-ups?
    The fact that he feels he has to justify and explain tells that this forum is having an impact.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •