Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter fredericklove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can just imagine Bruno blocking Lebron from behind, and giving him the Mutumbo finger, *drools*

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Paul Jones Twitter:

He's in the US now. Played on same club team as Barbosa. Great defensive feel. He will be working with coaches in LA ASAP then to Vegas

Casey: He's excited and hungry... Tremendous upside is what Casey stressed. When asked if he could guard KD..Bruno said yes #2014NBAdraft

Casey: Phx was a team that knew him...plan was Tyler 1st then he was plan B. Nobody will disappointed. His potential is greater than others

3. Like chch166 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phiLLy wrote: View Post
    Paul Jones Twitter:

He's in the US now. Played on same club team as Barbosa. Great defensive feel. He will be working with coaches in LA ASAP then to Vegas

Casey: He's excited and hungry... Tremendous upside is what Casey stressed. When asked if he could guard KD..Bruno said yes #2014NBAdraft

Casey: Phx was a team that knew him...plan was Tyler 1st then he was plan B. Nobody will disappointed. His potential is greater than others
    Already people being shown to be over exaggerating on years and wait it seems.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

damn he already got WeTheNorth part down

7. Like fredericklove liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Certainly the most bizarre feeling i can recall when seeing a name read out at the draft, time stood still for an eternity there. Like WTF.

BUT, now that it's out of the way...I'm seriously intrigued.
    Looking forward to hopefully seeing him at Summer League!

9. Like DanH, CalgaryRapsFan, MACK11, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Pleasantly surprised with how soon it sounds like we're going to get a look at him. I was expected it would be a couple years of we saw anything of him in north america.
    tank-agnostic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Certainly the most bizarre feeling i can recall when seeing a name read out at the draft, time stood still for an eternity there. Like WTF.

BUT, now that it's out of the way...I'm seriously intrigued.
    Looking forward to hopefully seeing him at Summer League!
    Yeah man he's raw but by watching the 2min vids of him he can really shoot it and has some offensive game!

Lets hope he comes to the Summer League so we can see him ourselves

12. Like BigCamB liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsn guy saying Bruno won't be stashed

Woot woot
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

14. Like DanH, BigCamB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post

Intrigue turns to Hype

Raptors Republic Rookie kopite91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He does remind me of Durant in terms of his reach and ability to shoot three's. Very-durantesque shooting form. The minute Masai said he wanted a big 3 and someone with shot-blocking potential... I though Capella. No one thought this guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote kopite91 wrote: View Post
    He does remind me of Durant in terms of his reach and ability to shoot three's. Very-durantesque shooting form. The minute Masai said he wanted a big 3 and someone with shot-blocking potential... I though Capella. No one thought this guy
    He should be a insane shot blocker for a SF 6'9 7'7Wingspan!!!!!!!!!!! and he's coming over next season!

Im excited for this guy!

Masai knows you need stars to win in this league and he swung for the fences

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearly Masai feels strongly about this kid and he does have a solid track record in the draft. The biggest thing from this is knowing we have a GM whose not running the team to keep his job. I'm pretty sure most GM's in Masai's position wouldn't have the balls to make that pick. Good on Masai on making sure he got his guy even if he probably reached a little.

20. Like DanH, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. Picks around the 20s and after are usually run-of-the-mill, rotation guys who'd be lucky to play 7-8 seasons in the NBA. Instead of going for the same old, American college player... this pick was thinking outside the box and taking a gamble on a pick that could be a homerun. Plus Masai is still actively involved in Basketball Without Borders and he's noticed many talents in the past like Greivis and Gorgui Dieng through the BWB program. So i'm sure he's knows this kid better than anyone through the BWB program and strongly feels about him. Question I have is did the kid not do any workouts at all or did one for the Raptors before he was guaranteed by them that they'd draft him.

Post Thanks / Like

So they swung for the fences at a position in the draft where it is very hard to come away with a stud. I hope he works out.

The fact that he's the 20th pick overall should temper people's expectations a little too I would hope.

23. Like DanH, Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote kopite91 wrote: View Post
    Exactly. Picks around the 20s and after are usually run-of-the-mill, rotation guys who'd be lucky to play 7-8 seasons in the NBA. Instead of going for the same old, American college player... this pick was thinking outside the box and taking a gamble on a pick that could be a homerun. Plus Masai is still actively involved in Basketball Without Borders and he's noticed many talents in the past like Greivis and Gorgui Dieng through the BWB program. So i'm sure he's knows this kid better than anyone through the BWB program and strongly feels about him. Question I have is did the kid not do any workouts at all or did one for the Raptors before he was guaranteed by them that they'd draft him.
    Doesn't that remind you of Reggie Jackson few years back?

Guess the Raptors were really high on him and don't see much potential in the other guys in the draft... Their plan was to draft Ennis at 20 and make the Prince trade to grab Caboclo at 22... At the same time the Raptors didn't do the Nappier trade with the HEAT meaning that they probably felt that he would be gone by 26. This could a controversial pick, but I have no problem with Masai taking someone who has potential to be a top 10 player in this year's draft rather than to play safe with it.

25. Like Raptor Jesus liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    So they swung for the fences at a position in the draft where it is very hard to come away with a stud. I hope he works out.
    There are 2 questions that need to be asked here:

1) Why does this team , with few young talents and couple of good pieces, need to swing for the fans at this stage of team development?

2) Why couldn't they move down and collect more asset while minimizing their risk for this " Swing for the fence" approach?

I guess summer league will answer some of these questions

Post Thanks / Like

I can't seem to find much info on him. If people thought Dante Exum was mysterious... this dude is even more fictional than chupacabra. I expect him to be in summer league, what happens after that? D-League?

28. Like Jamshid liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    There are 2 questions that need to be asked here:

1) Why does this team , with few young talents and couple of good pieces, need to swing for the fans at this stage of team development?

2) Why couldn't they move down and collect more asset while minimizing their risk for this " Swing for the fence" approach?

I guess summer league will answer some of these questions
    My assumption is that Masai doesn't wanna go with anyone that's "safe" and that will contribute just so that the team can keep competitive because the Raptors' is a 2nd round playoff team at best. Masai probably wants to collect young players with high ceilings that the Raptors can develop and the team will have a real shot at competing for championship in 4-5 years of time. If the Raptors keep showing to be better than they are, then it's great, but I think this is the direction that Masai is going and last season's result was not expected. I see more changes on the team in the next few weeks

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information