Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 877

Thread: Everything Bruno Caboclo

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter fredericklove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I can just imagine Bruno blocking Lebron from behind, and giving him the Mutumbo finger, *drools*

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Paul Jones Twitter:

    He's in the US now. Played on same club team as Barbosa. Great defensive feel. He will be working with coaches in LA ASAP then to Vegas

    Casey: He's excited and hungry... Tremendous upside is what Casey stressed. When asked if he could guard KD..Bruno said yes #2014NBAdraft

    Casey: Phx was a team that knew him...plan was Tyler 1st then he was plan B. Nobody will disappointed. His potential is greater than others

  3. Like chch166 liked this post
  4. #23
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote phiLLy wrote: View Post
    Paul Jones Twitter:

    He's in the US now. Played on same club team as Barbosa. Great defensive feel. He will be working with coaches in LA ASAP then to Vegas

    Casey: He's excited and hungry... Tremendous upside is what Casey stressed. When asked if he could guard KD..Bruno said yes #2014NBAdraft

    Casey: Phx was a team that knew him...plan was Tyler 1st then he was plan B. Nobody will disappointed. His potential is greater than others
    Already people being shown to be over exaggerating on years and wait it seems.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  5. #24
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,828
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

  6. #25
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    damn he already got WeTheNorth part down

  7. Like fredericklove liked this post
  8. #26
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Certainly the most bizarre feeling i can recall when seeing a name read out at the draft, time stood still for an eternity there. Like WTF.

    BUT, now that it's out of the way...I'm seriously intrigued.
    Looking forward to hopefully seeing him at Summer League!

  9. Like DanH, CalgaryRapsFan, MACK11, mcHAPPY liked this post
  10. #27
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Pleasantly surprised with how soon it sounds like we're going to get a look at him. I was expected it would be a couple years of we saw anything of him in north america.
    tank-agnostic

  11. #28
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,828
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Certainly the most bizarre feeling i can recall when seeing a name read out at the draft, time stood still for an eternity there. Like WTF.

    BUT, now that it's out of the way...I'm seriously intrigued.
    Looking forward to hopefully seeing him at Summer League!
    Yeah man he's raw but by watching the 2min vids of him he can really shoot it and has some offensive game!

    Lets hope he comes to the Summer League so we can see him ourselves
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

  12. Like BigCamB liked this post
  13. #29
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tsn guy saying Bruno won't be stashed


    Woot woot
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  14. Like DanH, BigCamB liked this post
  15. #30
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,828
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

  16. #31
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post

    Intrigue turns to Hype

  17. #32
    Raptors Republic Rookie kopite91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    T-Dot
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He does remind me of Durant in terms of his reach and ability to shoot three's. Very-durantesque shooting form. The minute Masai said he wanted a big 3 and someone with shot-blocking potential... I though Capella. No one thought this guy

  18. #33
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,828
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote kopite91 wrote: View Post
    He does remind me of Durant in terms of his reach and ability to shoot three's. Very-durantesque shooting form. The minute Masai said he wanted a big 3 and someone with shot-blocking potential... I though Capella. No one thought this guy
    He should be a insane shot blocker for a SF 6'9 7'7Wingspan!!!!!!!!!!! and he's coming over next season!

    Im excited for this guy!

    Masai knows you need stars to win in this league and he swung for the fences
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

  19. #34
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Clearly Masai feels strongly about this kid and he does have a solid track record in the draft. The biggest thing from this is knowing we have a GM whose not running the team to keep his job. I'm pretty sure most GM's in Masai's position wouldn't have the balls to make that pick. Good on Masai on making sure he got his guy even if he probably reached a little.

  20. Like DanH, mcHAPPY liked this post
  21. #35
    Raptors Republic Rookie kopite91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    T-Dot
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Exactly. Picks around the 20s and after are usually run-of-the-mill, rotation guys who'd be lucky to play 7-8 seasons in the NBA. Instead of going for the same old, American college player... this pick was thinking outside the box and taking a gamble on a pick that could be a homerun. Plus Masai is still actively involved in Basketball Without Borders and he's noticed many talents in the past like Greivis and Gorgui Dieng through the BWB program. So i'm sure he's knows this kid better than anyone through the BWB program and strongly feels about him. Question I have is did the kid not do any workouts at all or did one for the Raptors before he was guaranteed by them that they'd draft him.

  22. #36
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,048
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So they swung for the fences at a position in the draft where it is very hard to come away with a stud. I hope he works out.

    The fact that he's the 20th pick overall should temper people's expectations a little too I would hope.

  23. Like DanH, Letter N liked this post
  24. #37
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote kopite91 wrote: View Post
    Exactly. Picks around the 20s and after are usually run-of-the-mill, rotation guys who'd be lucky to play 7-8 seasons in the NBA. Instead of going for the same old, American college player... this pick was thinking outside the box and taking a gamble on a pick that could be a homerun. Plus Masai is still actively involved in Basketball Without Borders and he's noticed many talents in the past like Greivis and Gorgui Dieng through the BWB program. So i'm sure he's knows this kid better than anyone through the BWB program and strongly feels about him. Question I have is did the kid not do any workouts at all or did one for the Raptors before he was guaranteed by them that they'd draft him.
    Doesn't that remind you of Reggie Jackson few years back?

    Guess the Raptors were really high on him and don't see much potential in the other guys in the draft... Their plan was to draft Ennis at 20 and make the Prince trade to grab Caboclo at 22... At the same time the Raptors didn't do the Nappier trade with the HEAT meaning that they probably felt that he would be gone by 26. This could a controversial pick, but I have no problem with Masai taking someone who has potential to be a top 10 player in this year's draft rather than to play safe with it.

  25. Like Raptor Jesus liked this post
  26. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    So they swung for the fences at a position in the draft where it is very hard to come away with a stud. I hope he works out.
    There are 2 questions that need to be asked here:

    1) Why does this team , with few young talents and couple of good pieces, need to swing for the fans at this stage of team development?

    2) Why couldn't they move down and collect more asset while minimizing their risk for this " Swing for the fence" approach?

    I guess summer league will answer some of these questions

  27. #39
    Raptors Republic Rookie kopite91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    T-Dot
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I can't seem to find much info on him. If people thought Dante Exum was mysterious... this dude is even more fictional than chupacabra. I expect him to be in summer league, what happens after that? D-League?

  28. Like Jamshid liked this post
  29. #40
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    There are 2 questions that need to be asked here:

    1) Why does this team , with few young talents and couple of good pieces, need to swing for the fans at this stage of team development?

    2) Why couldn't they move down and collect more asset while minimizing their risk for this " Swing for the fence" approach?

    I guess summer league will answer some of these questions
    My assumption is that Masai doesn't wanna go with anyone that's "safe" and that will contribute just so that the team can keep competitive because the Raptors' is a 2nd round playoff team at best. Masai probably wants to collect young players with high ceilings that the Raptors can develop and the team will have a real shot at competing for championship in 4-5 years of time. If the Raptors keep showing to be better than they are, then it's great, but I think this is the direction that Masai is going and last season's result was not expected. I see more changes on the team in the next few weeks

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •