Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2. Like DanH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, you're out of line there guy. Those videos aren't against American players, come on... We can't look at these. Nothing to see here.

4. Like KHD liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Jamshid's posts, they make me chuckle.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it seems like he is in fact a freak athlete and physical specimen, up there with anybody in the draft in those aspects. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and I'm very happy with his willingness to play D.

Raptors Republic Starter hotfuzz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Wolstat ✔ @WolstatSun

Some info from a North American source: Utah and Phoenix were hot after Caboclo, would have taken him if on the board with next picks
    "Duh! Winning"
    - Charlie Sheen

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Whoa, you're out of line there guy. Those videos aren't against American players, come on... We can't look at these. Nothing to see here.
    lol well... its all we got. Study these 3 clips until summer league.

9. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    It's Jamshid...he has no clue what he's talking about, regardless of how close to right or wrong he is. In fact, I'm shocked his "insider sources" didn't tip him that this guy was on the Raptors board. You know, the ones that gave him such insider info that Kyle Lowry would likely sign for around 10-12 million.
    Masai is pretty secretive about everything, from #1-#19, most picks were announced by Insiders such as Spears/Ford 2-3 minutes before the decision was even announced. When the Raptors picked caboclo, no one said a word until Adam Silver actually announced the pick. Sorta like that with Masai

Raptors Republic Rookie kopite91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen a mystery pick that's this damn mysterious since the days of the Cold War when the NHL picked random dudes from the Soviet Union whom we'd never see in 8 years when the Cold War ended.

Even the DX video that's 5 minutes long repeats the same damn clips. What am I to jerk off to during the offseason? Arghhh

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruno

He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote kopite91 wrote: View Post
    I haven't seen a mystery pick that's this damn mysterious since the days of the Cold War when the NHL picked random dudes from the Soviet Union whom we'd never see in 8 years when the Cold War ended.

Even the DX video that's 5 minutes long repeats the same damn clips. What am I to jerk off to during the offseason? Arghhh
    Yeah that was probably their weakest scouting report. It was just a summary of 1 game

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bruno Caboclo

All you had to tell me is that he has a 7'7" wingspan and his extremely agile. I would be sold. Masai said more length and rim protections. Apparently his gym rat. You can't have enough of those ask DD.

http://youtu.be/GIUrhVzC-AU

http://youtu.be/TEP_s0tKBOc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Jun 27th, 2014 at 02:10 AM.
    @Chr1st1anL

15. Like DanH liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

somebody on reddit posted it. He's number 20

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

This is stupid? The kid plays for 1 of the most successful teams in South America's Junior team. Sky/Pinheiros won the FIBA Americas last year - basically the Central/South America version of Euroleague . It's the same team that produced Leandro Barbosa. ALL CBB games are televised. He's the MVP of the last BWB in South America, and there's no footage of the kid?

How is that possible?

Post Thanks / Like

The best footage I could find is him putting 20+ points on a team in the FIBA Americas this year (guess they moved him to the senior team), but it's against a team from Colombia -- take the dominance with a grain of salt.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

here he's number 15. no idea how they found this kid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Bill Simmons and all of ESPN was the worst for this kind of attitude last night. Ignorant to the point of unprofessionalism.

Raptors Republic Rookie swingman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have anything on his shooting ability? From what I've seen he can hit a 3, but there's not a huge consensus on how consistent it is.
    I do like the pick for now, in my mind it's better to gamble on prospects like this when your current roster is in a good position already. Considering how good the raps record was post-Gay trade, I'm happy to bring the #wethenorth band back together and let this kid get some small run off the bench (or go to a different league).

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been saying for a while that with the 20th pick we don't need another guy that's going to sit at the end of the bench, we need to take a shot on a guy that is a project and maybe a gamble, but has some elite athletecism or ability. I was using Lavine as an example, but if this Caboclo kid is that elite athelete that I'm hearing then I support this pick. No point going with another mediocre talent this late in the draft.

I'm excited to see if he turns out to be something special or if this is anothe Alabi situation. Not so much the latter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    Bill Simmons and all of ESPN was the worst for this kind of attitude last night. Ignorant to the point of unprofessionalism.
    That's to be expected. On his own podcast Jalen does more research than he does. The thing that bugs me is that their international expert clearly hadn't seen the kid play for almost a year and used an outdated analysis.

http://archive.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa...ubs/index.html

If anyone speaks Portuguese, and feels like crunching numbers:

http://lnb.com.br/jogadores/bruno-co...des-cabloco-2/

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote swingman wrote: View Post
    Does anyone have anything on his shooting ability? From what I've seen he can hit a 3, but there's not a huge consensus on how consistent it is.
    I do like the pick for now, in my mind it's better to gamble on prospects like this when your current roster is in a good position already. Considering how good the raps record was post-Gay trade, I'm happy to bring the #wethenorth band back together and let this kid get some small run off the bench (or go to a different league).
    since when? i'm not expecting another 48 win season next year.

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information