Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    hey, remember that this kid is under a bunch pf pressure as well. He's trying his best out there, and it's hard for anyone to adjust to a new surrounding.
    watched the casey interview and people need to stop holding this kids hand and saying "its ok bruno". this kid needs to be trained to be a killer. yes he played bad game, the entire team played bad, they got blown out by 30. he needs to be in the gym lifting weights thinking about how he is getting his ass handed to him 20 pt blow out then 30 points. any other sport in this country but hockey we play soft and talk soft that needs to change.

I loved that he threw his teamates under the bus he didnt say they are shit. he said i am helping you guys need to help me I cant do everything.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    watched the casey interview and people need to stop holding this kids hand and saying "its ok bruno". this kid needs to be trained to be a killer. yes he played bad game, the entire team played bad, they got blown out by 30. he needs to be in the gym lifting weights thinking about how he is getting his ass handed to him 20 pt blow out then 30 points. any other sport in this country but hockey we play soft and talk soft that needs to change.

I loved that he threw his teamates under the bus he didnt say they are shit. he said i am helping you guys need to help me I cant do everything.
    People also need to accept he was selected over personal preference while realizing he is two years younger than that personal preference.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    People also need to accept he was selected over personal preference while realizing he is two years younger than that personal preference.
    More like Bruno Controversialo, amirite???

4. Like ceez liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    age has nothing to do with anything, he already has the drive it needs to be fueled

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

age has nothing to do with anything, he already has the drive it needs to be fueled
    When one discusses draft picks and prospects age has everything to do with everything.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

In semi-related news, Jason Kidd is trying out Greco-Nigerian Durant at PG.

8. Like enlightenment liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love his drive and I too see nothing wrong with what he said. He was right. It looked like he was the only one even trying out there. Then he gets dunked on because he's the only one trying to play defense, and it just boiled over for him. You could say getting posterized was the straw that broke the camels back. It appears vet savy just means not giving a shit. I'm glad Bruno doesn't have vet savy.

10. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If he is this competitive in the Summer League, imagine how hard he's gonna play in the NBA.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Liking what I've seen thus far during summer league (but obviously taking it with a grain of salt). He moves effortlessly (huge strides) can practically contest a three from the paint with that wingspan, gives good effort on d, can hit an open shot from range fairly reliably. There's a lot to work with here and based on coach Casey's remarks in the interview he's more than willing to put in the time necessary in the gym. Patience will be needed but the signs are good so far. I see his upside as potentially a Nicolas Batum type player (the talk of KD is ridiculous and unfair). Solid starting 3 in this league on a winning team. Should be fun and watching him develop.

13. Like stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter mjt20mik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    In semi-related news, Jason Kidd is trying out Greco-Nigerian Durant at PG.
    Interesting...

He has so much potential it is scary.

15. Like chch166 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

SL Highlights

17. Like GoldenBaller, Jclaw liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

watching that video....ugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    watching that video....ugh.
    Ugh what?

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm very impressed with Bruno. Kid will b much better once he starts playing with better players. Raptors Summer League team really sucks.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

21. Like TRex liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    I'm very impressed with Bruno. Kid will b much better once he starts playing with better players. Raptors Summer League team really sucks.
    Agreed. Also when he gets a hold of the language and gains some strength.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    This.

Basically the only NBA caliber player on this roster is Buycks and maybe Bebe. But Bebe just like Bruno is still a project.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruno will definitely be a significant contributor not this season but next.

he already has a silky smooth jumpshot. No reason to think the mins Novak got last season will not go to him

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ball4life wrote: View Post

he already has a silky smooth jumpshot. No reason to think the mins Novak got last season will not go to him
    It would be pretty great if he can contribute by next season. Still think it would be a small role, at best...so yeah, a Novak-ish role, but even that is a bit off base, because Novak was used a lot at the 4. Think Bruno will only be useful at the 3 for at least a couple of years as he fills out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ball4life wrote: View Post

It's great that he can already shoot, it will help him a lot.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information