Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shantz wrote: View Post
    I believe these tweets are from Bruno's agent/manager, so perspective would be biased, but glad to hear he is getting some action against other NBA players.

@Ewresende: 1/2 News coming from L.A. Training camp, Pick up games against Top NBA players. He went, he did it. @Bruno_Caboclo impressed all once again.

@Ewresende: 2/2 Hello, who are you man? I'm Bruno, @Bruno_Caboclo from Brazil, 18 years old and I came to stay.

Anyone know who was involved in this action? I would guess DeMar and Amir at least, plus Lowry potentially...but these are just guesses.

Hoping some non-Raptor players were involved.
    I'm more glad to hear that he is playing well against these NBAers. But that could just be the manager saying that.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Everything Bruno Caboclo

gonna reserve any judgement on cabloco until he actually plays in an nba game. 15 second instagram videos of shooting open 3's is something i care very little to see. Good form or not, that might as well have been a video of austin daye.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Mon Aug 25th, 2014 at 02:48 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    gonna reserve any judgement on cabloco until he actually plays in an nba game. 15 second instagram videos of shooting open 3's is something i care very little to see. Good form or not, that might as well have been a video of austin daye.
    That was cold.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats "NBA Champion" Austin Daye to you.

5. Like 007, Raptorsnz, iblastoff liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, practice is not the game

7. Like S.R. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Agreed, practice is not the game

Wow, several guys who shot 1400 FT's in practice and only 11-14 FTA's in game over the same period. Seems like they should spend less time standing around practicing FT's and more time practicing how to draw fouls.

9. Like Letter N liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Wow, several guys who shot 1400 FT's in practice and only 11-14 FTA's in game over the same period. Seems like they should spend less time standing around practicing FT's and more time practicing how to draw fouls.
    Well, minutes played probably has a lot to do with it. Everyone gets full practice time. Guys who only play in 5 games won't be able to rack up a lot of FT's.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    That was cold.
    It wasn't a comparison or anything but Austin Daye can shoot tons of open 3's in practice as well. He did win the raptors family day 3 point shootout after all

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Austin Daye shot 40% in his second year with Detroit. And 40% with San Antonio. He has other problems though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Well, minutes played probably has a lot to do with it. Everyone gets full practice time. Guys who only play in 5 games won't be able to rack up a lot of FT's.
    Absolutely mpg would be a factor - still suggests they maybe should have a different training program than starters? Or that it should be individualized for all players. I find it weird that they all shot the same number of practice FT's, even though, for example:
    - Dwight Howard shot about 500 in-game FT's at a 49.5% clip. He should be working on this more than a guy like Ebanks, who shot 14 in-game FT's at a 78.6% clip. Why would they both spend a similar amount of practice time shooting 1400-ish FT's? The return on investment seems wonky for both the player and the team.

I'll admit I don't know the first thing about training and skill development at this level. Maybe there's enough customization in each player's personal training program.

14. Like Puffer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely mpg would be a factor - still suggests they maybe should have a different training program than starters? Or that it should be individualized for all players. I find it weird that they all shot the same number of practice FT's, even though, for example:
    - Dwight Howard shot about 500 in-game FT's at a 49.5% clip. He should be working on this more than a guy like Ebanks, who shot 14 in-game FT's at a 78.6% clip. Why would they both spend a similar amount of practice time shooting 1400-ish FT's? The return on investment seems wonky for both the player and the team.

I'll admit I don't know the first thing about training and skill development at this level. Maybe there's enough customization in each player's personal training program.
    I suspect the tallied FT's are from team practices, where all players are shooting FT's as part of a long practice. I'm sure each player has loads of untallied FT's from personal workouts. Who knows how many Dwight put up on his own time.

16. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely mpg would be a factor - still suggests they maybe should have a different training program than starters? Or that it should be individualized for all players.
    Coaches need to just randomly grab bench players, make them get changed and have them play hard for 5 minutes. Real game style. See if they can perform coming in cold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Coaches need to just randomly grab bench players, make them get changed and have them play hard for 5 minutes. Real game style. See if they can perform coming in cold.
    I'll tell you my playing days should have involved more towel waving aerobics and garbage time drills as opposed to running all those suicide sprints on behalf of the starting unit's atrocious turnover rate from the previous game.

19. Like MixxAOR, Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    I'm more glad to hear that he is playing well against these NBAers. But that could just be the manager saying that.
    Just because it may not be true, doesn't make it any less nicer to hear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Just because it may not be true, doesn't make it any less nicer to hear.
    True

Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else see Bruno being used in a similar role as Novak was last year?

I know he doesn't have the shooting prowess of Steve Novak that would force teams to keep an eye on him and open up the floor. But, maybe that's a good thing because it could lead to more open looks for him. Bruno should be able to contribute some shooting this year and it's not like Novak did anything on the defensive end anyway so Bruno would probably be an upgrade there right away just based on his length. Besides, how many times did Novak miss wide open 3's?

Seems like a perfect fit to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Does anyone else see Bruno being used in a similar role as Novak was last year?

I know he doesn't have the shooting prowess of Steve Novak that would force teams to keep an eye on him and open up the floor. But, maybe that's a good thing because it could lead to more open looks for him. Bruno should be able to contribute some shooting this year and it's not like Novak did anything on the defensive end anyway so Bruno would probably be an upgrade there right away just based on his length. Besides, how many times did Novak miss wide open 3's?

Seems like a perfect fit to me.
    I could actually see that. I do think he's going to get a little playing time here and there from the way some of the coaches are talking, but we shall see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    I could actually see that. I do think he's going to get a little playing time here and there from the way some of the coaches are talking, but we shall see.
    Either Hamilton or Bruno.

Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Either Hamilton or Bruno.
    I don't see hamilton making the team.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Novak could space the floor simply by reputation, though. Nobody was leaving him wide open, except by accident. Put Bruno in as a floor-spacer, and teams are not going to cover him that tight off-the-ball until he shows that he can make them consistently. Some nights he will, some nights he won't, probably. Will he get discouraged if he misses a few wide-open looks? Will he get discouraged if he's hanging out, wide open in the corner, and his teammates aren't passing to him? You never had to worry about those things with Novak, but those can often be issues with young rookies. So no, I don't really like him being used in a Novak role because I don't want him to get into the habit of camping on offense. I'd rather see him being an active part of the offense when he's on the court. If you can get him some open looks, great, but preferably as part of an offence that asks him to be much more active than Novak typically was.

Now, if you're talking about Novak-type minutes and game situations, then yeah, I'm all for that.
    tank-agnostic

Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information