Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Rookie godkingleonidas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 007 wrote: View Post
    Might just be a little skinny his whole career, it's not to bad, he has the length.

Basically, more Durant than James, right?

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as he isn't Austin Daye skinny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    As long as he isn't Austin Daye skinny
    As long as he isn't Austin Daye.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

4. Like godkingleonidas, Raptorsnz, Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Super skinny, super long, shoots threes, he got that Manute Bol swag :-D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 007 wrote: View Post
    Might just be a little skinny his whole career, it's not to bad, he has the length.
    Look at Demar. Compared to his rookie year its night and day, but he's still 'skinny'.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Say Bruno shows a lot of promise a la Greek Freak, would you trade him + maybe Bebe for a Al Horford type PF?

Raptors Republic Rookie .I Can Smell You.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Say Bruno shows a lot of promise a la Greek Freak, would you trade him + maybe Bebe for a Al Horford type PF?
    YES no hesitation YES
    Last edited by .I Can Smell You.; Sun Aug 31st, 2014 at 07:47 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

How much promise though? All depends on that.
    Would Al Horford take us to the top? Al Horford already had 2 injuries. One that made him miss 2011-2012 season; another made him miss 2013-2014 season.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've already grown emotionally attached to Bruno...I think it's his ridiculous wingspan and his infectious smile.

Plus don't forgot Bebe's comically large hair.

I can't give those two up...

Post Thanks / Like

Nah. I like Horford, but he's damaged goods. And if Bruno actually shows promise, he's got way too many tools to turn that 'promise' into 'actually kick ass player'.. I say keep him.

Pretty sure Bruno already has a better shot than AnthosADkljhsdcpo.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Horford is 28 years old, give Bruno one year of development to show his potential and we are trading for a 29 year old injury prone forward.....not sure how that helps the team long term.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Horford is 28 years old, give Bruno one year of development to show his potential and we are trading for a 29 year old injury prone forward.....not sure how that helps the team long term.
    Could be another PF, like Aldridge? Didn't mean just Horford.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    How much promise though? All depends on that.
    Would Al Horford take us to the top? Al Horford already had 2 injuries. One that made him miss 2011-2012 season; another made him miss 2013-2014 season.
    I didn't mean just him, could be another star PF like Aldridge, maybe even Griffin if he and Bebe show amazing promise and something crazy happens in LA (but that won't happen).

Raptors Republic Rookie We Tha North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shantz wrote: View Post
    I've already grown emotionally attached to Bruno...I think it's his ridiculous wingspan and his infectious smile.

Plus don't forgot Bebe's comically large hair.

I can't give those two up...
    Agreed. I would keep them.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean just him, could be another star PF like Aldridge, maybe even Griffin if he and Bebe show amazing promise and something crazy happens in LA (but that won't happen).
    Blazers and Clippers wouldn't even make that deal for the real Giannis.

Bruno would have to show a lot more than a little promise for such an offer.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

damn that's a big jump from Horford to Griffin man hahaha

18. Like Bendit, Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never understood this fascination with getting another PF. Between Amir, PPat and even Tyler on the bench it happens to be one of our positions of relative strength. Sure, a Kevin Love or Anthony Davis would be an upgrade. But statistically an Al Horford, Blake Griffin or Paul Millsap is the same. Why not a wing upgrade instead, if we must upgrade somewhere?

Note that there is also some salary planning to do here. To be able to afford to pay your established stars you need some cheap rookie contracts as well. Trade away all your rookies, and you have a narrow window to win before sucking for years. A little longevity is more attractive (see Spurs, San Antonio).

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Kuh wrote: View Post
    I've never understood this fascination with getting another PF. Between Amir, PPat and even Tyler on the bench it happens to be one of our positions of relative strength. Sure, a Kevin Love or Anthony Davis would be an upgrade. But statistically an Al Horford, Blake Griffin or Paul Millsap is the same. Why not a wing upgrade instead, if we must upgrade somewhere?
    I'm not sure which stats are telling you that, but I'm pretty sure our team would get a lot better if any of those three guys played for us.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

21. Like DanH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Kuh wrote: View Post

Note that there is also some salary planning to do here. To be able to afford to pay your established stars you need some cheap rookie contracts as well. Trade away all your rookies, and you have a narrow window to win before sucking for years. A little longevity is more attractive (see Spurs, San Antonio).
    Pretty sure they would make a difference, but I agree with the current contracts on our team it would be hard to maintain unless MLSE is willing to spend big.

But what about the salary cap increase? Shouldn't we be able to have larger contracts with the expected team cap?

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Now why would an entrenched/mature team gunning for multiple playoff round victories if not a championship trade their all-star (Griffin, Aldridge etc) PFs for a promising 19 yr. old? And we are not even talking a Wiggins here either. Would that do anything for their current playoff aspirations? Actually would Love have been traded (or want to be) if Minn. was capable of reaching the NBA finals?

I get confused sometimes.

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information