No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for a guy that's so incredibly unpolished he sure does have a smooth stroke + quick release
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
      I completely disagree with this mindset (as well as the belief that we are "stacked" on role players), because the great teams in my basketball watching life have always taken good-great players that fit their system with late picks, where as the bad teams kept swinging for the fences every time. When you swing for the fence everytime sometimes you hit a homerun, but it's usually a solo homerun. You have your core, now get the role players through the draft at position 20, 24, 28, etc.

Lebron's not walking through the door at pick 20, but Kurt Thomas, Boris Diaw, Derek Fisher, Chuck Hayes are...
      We have "a" core. Not the one we want. Let's be real, our current core is not good enough to win a title, ever, period end of story, not happening.

We need to add another star level talent somehow. Whether that's swinging big in the draft, accumulating assets for trade, or free agency. Role players are easy to get, stars aren't.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        part of the reason he was still effective for so long

the maxiel wingspan is baffling
        Must suck for these guys to get fitted for suits. Pant legs as sleeves.

Impossible to find a comfortable driving seat position.

Comment

• I'm compiling a list of all the people hating on this pick for 2-3 years from now when this guy is balling out of control for us.

Comment

They're also great because they gave their elite talent role players to help them.
            Role players are a dime a dozen, and you can trade for them and sign them (which is more often than not what happens) as well as draft them.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

for a guy that's so incredibly unpolished he sure does have a smooth stroke + quick release
              Agreed. From the few videos I've seen, he seems like less of a project than originally portrayed.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                Role players are a dime a dozen, and you can trade for them and sign them (which is more often than not what happens) as well as draft them.
                This, they are easy as hell to get. I don't even see the point of drafting a role player in the draft unless you're a championship/contender level team looking to cut costs to fill out your bench. We are not that, so we need to draft for high potential.

Comment

Guess where that puts Bruno?
                  Marshon brooks is a surprise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                    I'm compiling a list of all the people hating on this pick for 2-3 years from now when this guy is balling out of control for us.
                    So you can prove to them that your ability to randomly choose one opinion is better than their ability to randomly choose an opinion?

No one on this board knows if this guy will be good or bad, the most anyone on this board has seen of him is the DX video and one workout video. That's 1 edited game and 1 workout showing dunks. If you're ready to form an opinion off of that, in either direction, then your opinion isn't worth much.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Agreed. From the few videos I've seen, he seems like less of a project than originally portrayed.
                      Needs a lot of work on defense or else he will get fouled out like with less than 10 minutes of play time. I like his anticipation on d though just gotta be smarter in general

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So you can prove to them that your ability to randomly choose one opinion is better than their ability to randomly choose an opinion?

No one on this board knows if this guy will be good or bad, the most anyone on this board has seen of him is the DX video and one workout video. That's 1 edited game and 1 workout showing dunks. If you're ready to form an opinion off of that, in either direction, then your opinion isn't worth much.
                        I'm not really claiming to know anything, I just think it's hilarious how people are condemning the pick just because it's not who they wanted/expected.

I'm praising the pick because I like swinging for the fences and going for high potential guys. Nobody knew who the fuck Manu Ginobili was either when he was drafted.

Comment

• yeah he seems a little lost on D. he's got the motor and desire, but just needs the fundamentals and organization. this is where Casey will really help.

not with playing time though hahaha oh god not with playing time
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            I'm not really claiming to know anything, I just think it's hilarious how people are condemning the pick just because it's not who they wanted/expected.

I'm praising the pick because I like swinging for the fences and going for high potential guys. Nobody knew who the fuck Manu Ginobili was either when he was drafted.
                            Fair enough. I hope so too, and even if he's not whiffing on a #20 isn't the worst thing in the world.

I hope he makes it over for Summer League so we can get a better look at him.

Comment

• Let's just hope Bruno gets like 7min/game next season
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Fair enough. I hope so too, and even if he's not whiffing on a #20 isn't the worst thing in the world.

I hope he makes it over for Summer League so we can get a better look at him.
                                Masai already said he's coming to play in summer league and he's gonna workout in LA with Amir, TROSS, DD and our coaching staff
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X