Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    How is that possible with such little information about him out there? Nobody has seen any footage of this guy yet, much less game action. Even Masai has never worked the guy out before the draft. He just got on board with the team and for all we know MU and Casey could be thinking they really shit the bed with this gamble after actually seeing his game close up.
    Masai did work him out before the draft, and watched 3 of his games live. We got him to promise not to work out with any other teams after our workout by guaranteeing we would take him at 37. I've also see game action footage, just watch the draftexpress video. It's all from one game, but still, game action footage.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      Agree. He is not "faster than a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound" while masquerading as mild mannered small/power forward by day.

He is going to likely get schooled in summer league but he will improve at a pretty fast rate. He will see some minutes in year 2 and hopefully he can provide contributor minutes in year 3. If not. We have a draft pick 3 years from now too.
      Tbh I think everyone, including you, are just making random predictions regarding him

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        How is that possible with such little information about him out there? Nobody has seen any footage of this guy yet, much less game action. Even Masai has never worked the guy out before the draft. He just got on board with the team and for all we know MU and Casey could be thinking they really shit the bed with this gamble after actually seeing his game close up.

From rocwell's link:

"Masai was able to keep him off the mock drafts, and that's what happened," the team executive said. "If he doesn't pop up on the mock drafts, people assume he isn't a player. I think Toronto's had him shut down for a long time. What they were trying to figure out was, could they take him at 37, or did they have to take him at 20. He's two or three years away, but he's got major physical tools. He's like [Bucks forward Giannis] Antetokounmpo."
        It goes on to list a number of teams that knew about him, but had their own motives to keep his name quiet. It's a good read.

Also, Masai and Casey worked him out in Houston. Pretty sure that's mentioned in an article on sportsnet.ca. Also, Masai went down to Brazil to watch the kid 3 times -- he's mentioned that multiple times. If you go through the thread and read the links that I and many other members of the community have already posted, everything you have declared has been refuted. The kid has been thoroughly scouted by multiple members of the scouting staff, and the GM. They did their best to keep him off mock drafts. At least 5 NBA teams were not surprised that he got drafted where he was picked up.

Not sure if he's any good, but the idea that no one has seen him is false.

Comment

• Beat me to it.

Caboclo is a known unknwon.

Comment

• Yeah I know you guys are jealous.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post

Yeah I know you guys are jealous.

Did he follow you back?
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• The NBA article is actually a great read. Gives you a sense of how calculated the decision was to draft Bruno, and the efforts to conceal him. It seems like most teams weren't even aware he was going to make himself eligible for the draft until a month before, but by the time draft night rolled around Masai's targeting of Bruno was an open secret.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  Did he follow you back?
                  Nope

Comment

• What you didn't know abut Bruno

Good read on Bruno Caboclo

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...boclo-got-here

It will not be the first time Bruno will play in North America.

Not even a year and a half earlier, Caboclo played alongside Abdel-Ghani at Score Academy in Raleigh, N.C. The 17-year-old barely spoke any English when he arrived in January of 2013, by way of Pirapora do Bom Jesus, a small town near São Paulo. His teammates had fun playing with him. They soon found out he cared about the team, worked hard and would crash the boards for putback dunks when they missed. There was talk he could be a low-Division I or high-Division II NCAA prospect. They could picture him playing in the NBA after college.
                    Bruno has come a long way.

Franco, the founder and head coach of Score Academy, remembered getting a tip about Caboclo from a friend he worked with in Brazil. Caboclo was playing for Gremio Recreativo Barueri, a social club that invites kids from local public schools to play sports. Franco was told he was young, athletic and could be good, but had lots to learn. Caboclo couldn't watch the NBA then, as his family didn't have cable.

"I didn't have any small forwards, so I said, 'OK, we'll take him, we'll see what he can do,' " Franco said. "He had no money, his parents are really poor. His mom is a maid, his dad is a security guard and a driver, a truck driver. So they don't have much. So we pay all the way for him to come over here and be with us."

Bruno likes to let it fly

n his first game, against top-five-ranked junior college Vincennes University, the 6-foot-9 forward with an almost 7-7 wingspan stayed on the perimeter. He missed three-pointer after three-pointer. Franco told Caboclo he had to be aggressive and had to rebound, and the scoring would come. He was temporarily banned from shooting threes. The strategy worked, then he started taking them again.

"He would shoot threes more than I would, and I'm like 6-4, 6-5," Abdel-Ghani said. "You'd leave him up top, he'd shoot the open three and knock several down in a game. He can post up, one-dribble drive, draw contact. He's really lanky. He'd get several blocks a game, we would just laugh when he'd block somebody. It just looked too easy for him."
                    Bruno was well recruited by D1 school but, his language barrier was too much for an North American education

Eighteen Division-I schools recruited him while he was at Score Academy, according to Franco. Alan Stein, the strength-and-conditioning coach for basketball powerhouse DeMatha High School, said he and DeMatha head coach Mike Jones were "blown away," impressed with his physical gifts and on-court savvy. Abdel-Ghani noticed players on other teams approaching Caboclo after games, asking where he'd be playing the next year. He struggled to communicate with them, and that language barrier would have gotten in the way of a US education. More importantly, he wanted to support his family.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Please, everyone go to the link and read the whole article, just a fantastic piece.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• yeah it's fantastic. loved this bit.

The night he got drafted, he went into Resende's room at their New York hotel. Caboclo told him he recognized that he was given a great responsibility. Making the NBA is one thing, but he had to get better and better. The next day in Toronto, he found out he could use the Air Canada Centre practice court whenever he wanted. He was there at 11 p.m.

Rossi described his growth at Pinheiros as "absurd" and "exponential," predicting he'd improve even faster with the Raptors. Tolzman said Caboclo is more skilled than he's getting credit for, and perhaps not as far away as people think.

"The difference between him and hundreds and hundreds of kids that show up every day is that he was determined," Franco said. "When he saw the opportunity, he just grabbed it and didn't let it go for nothing. He was appreciative of everything people did for him and he didn't take it for granted. He just worked hard and he tried to make it. And he made it."
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Yeah, great read. everything that I've read has really sold me that this is not a reach... just a really raw, really high upside guy that the Raptors did a good job of keeping any pre-draft hype down on.

Comment

• Great find, great read.

Comment

• Bruno Caboclo taking English classes with his Tutor

P.S

Teach him some English swear words

https://twitter.com/Ewresende/status...381376/photo/1
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                                Bruno Caboclo taking English classes with his Tutor

P.S

Teach him some English swear words

https://twitter.com/Ewresende/status...381376/photo/1
                                Oh, he'll learn those without a tutor

Comment

Working...
                                X