Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post

rebounding is not translating and shot blocking is not translating so far....

he got dunk on hard tonight. someone is going to make a poster of that posterizing with the quote above on it.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

he got dunk on hard tonight. someone is going to make a poster of that posterizing with the quote above on it.
      I love how people still think that getting "posterized" has any relevance to quality defence. If you are never in position, or if you never try, you will never be "posterized". Caboclo was in perfect position to block C.J Fair's dunk. He just needs a bit of experience and he'll be swatting those away with regularity. What doesn't translate is guys that don't have the length and athleticism to challenge above the rim.

Comment

Well, but you're still just bitter about them picking him and not Anderson.

Who cares if he got posterized? You know who got posterized time and time again in his career? Dikembe Mutombo for one.

SL is a crapshoot. Lots of things don't translate when there's no structure and your team plays like crap. Bruno's done pretty well considering how raw he is.

BTW, Anderson hasn't been very good for the Spurs so far at SL.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Well, but you're still just bitter about them picking him and not Anderson.

Who cares if he got posterized? You know who got posterized time and time again in his career? Dikembe Mutombo for one.

SL is a crapshoot. Lots of things don't translate when there's no structure and your team plays like crap. Bruno's done pretty well considering how raw he is.

BTW, Anderson hasn't been very good for the Spurs so far at SL.
            Haven't got a chance to watch him yet. They playing him at point or 3?

And stop being so serious kids going to take licks for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven't got a chance to watch him yet. They playing him at point or 3?

And stop being so serious kids going to take licks for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I haven't got a chance to watch either, other than highlights. But he's not putting up good numbers at all. It looks like they're using him at the wing, but also giving him opportunities to run plays in the halfcourt. It looks like he's struggling with exactly what it was expected he'd struggle with: speed and strength.

Not being serious, I just don't want people to shit on Bruno every time something random like being dunked on happens. Like you say, he'll be taking licks for years. Even if he can contribute in a decent way by year 2 or 3, still looking at a much longer growing curve so he'll show plenty of bad for a while.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                I haven't got a chance to watch either, other than highlights. But he's not putting up good numbers at all. It looks like they're using him at the wing, but also giving him opportunities to run plays in the halfcourt. It looks like he's struggling with exactly what it was expected he'd struggle with: speed and strength.

Not being serious, I just don't want people to shit on Bruno every time something random like being dunked on happens. Like you say, he'll be taking licks for years. Even if he can contribute in a decent way by year 2 or 3, still looking at a much longer growing curve so he'll show plenty of bad for a while.
                Our lack of passing guards is hurting everyone. They are all horrible.

Comment

He's been rebounding OK on the wing. You also should remember that he's gonna be the youngest guy in the league this year and so you shouldn't get your hopes too high to begin with. Give him a couple years under Casey and then come back about his defense and rebounding.

Comment

• I don't get why so many people are commenting on his play without actually having watched him play. Watch, and then comment. Or don't watch, and don't comment.
                    It's frustrating because I watched all the games and some of the shit people are saying is so obviously off base if they had just watched a damn game.....

Comment

• was bruno crying after he got dunked on?
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                        was bruno crying after he got dunked on?
                        he got pissed off after he got dunked on and he shoved one of the player in his chest and said "what the fuck pussy"

and got taken out the game and never seen the floor after.

Comment

• yes he was crying... 18 years old, left home country, his translator left that day...getting blown out second game in a row. It just shows he has a substantial amount of growing up to do. Which is fine with me since I want him in the weight room, english classes and film sessions for most of if not all of this year.
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                            he got pissed off after he got dunked on and he shoved one of the player in his chest and said "what the fuck pussy"

and got taken out the game and never seen the floor after.
                            I personally liked that about him since its just summer league
                            Imo, I'd prefer it, if he felt humiliated and pissed, because I think it would motivate him
                            In contrast, if he was indifferent to the fact that he was dunked on, it would suggest that he lacks competitiveness

Comment

• Yeah whatever I don't mind. Was just wondering. Good thing he cares anyways. I've felt like crying after tough losses
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• 30% shooting 30 turnover 30 pts. Everybody on the team should've been pissed. It was brutal.

Comment

Working...
                                X