Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Well, using Giannis as a comparable. They both came into the league with about the same amount of experience, and at the same age. Giannis averaged 25 minutes a game last year, albeit on the worst team in the NBA. I don't think it's outlandish to think Bruno will get 15+ minutes per game. The only one I see stealing his minutes is our other draft choice, Daniels.
    I think giannis is a bit more nba ready coming in, the bucks were awful and they had inconsistent lineups throughout the year so its hard to think how much minutes giannis wouldve had if he was elsewhere. I think the raptors might be better off sending him to d league where the level of competition is more comparable and he would have more exposure and minutes, which is important to a guy that started playing basketball not too long ago rather than hoping that we will be able to give him garbage time night in and night out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      His instagram says his last name Fernandez... ?
      He's Brazilian, they have 18 different names and he'll eventually end up being called by just one. I'm hoping he follows in Hulk's footsteps and picks a superhero one. I'd love a Raptors Batman jersey.

Comment

• keefec wrote: View Post
        I think giannis is a bit more nba ready coming in, the bucks were awful and they had inconsistent lineups throughout the year so its hard to think how much minutes giannis wouldve had if he was elsewhere. I think the raptors might be better off sending him to d league where the level of competition is more comparable and he would have more exposure and minutes, which is important to a guy that started playing basketball not too long ago rather than hoping that we will be able to give him garbage time night in and night out
        This is where having our own D-League affiliate would come in handy. Instead, we would have to send Bruno to another teams affiliate and his development won't be prioritized the way it should be. Raptors can certainly have Bruno spend some time in the D-League, but I would rather have him play 10 minutes a game in the NBA while developing properly, than play 25 minutes a night in the D-League and not have him prioritized.
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• oh god if he starts going by just "Bruno" i'll buy his jersey in a heartbeat
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            He averaged 67% FG. 40% from 3. In whatever Brazilian league he played in.
            The profile the Raptors released certainly makes it look like 67% from 3, but that does seem unlikely.

Edit: Oh, I guess that's in LIGA Americas that he averaged 67%. My understanding is Liga Americas is a tournament of top latin-american teams, sort of like Eurocup.
            Last edited by octothorp; Fri Jun 27, 2014, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• K... can we watch him play yet?
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• When does Summer League start?
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                  This is where having our own D-League affiliate would come in handy. Instead, we would have to send Bruno to another teams affiliate and his development won't be prioritized the way it should be. Raptors can certainly have Bruno spend some time in the D-League, but I would rather have him play 10 minutes a game in the NBA while developing properly, than play 25 minutes a night in the D-League and not have him prioritized.
                  Do the raptors have a d league affiliate?? I thought it was like the erie bayhawks are something but not sure

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                    When does Summer League start?
                    sometime before Fall
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      oh god if he starts going by just "Bruno" i'll buy his jersey in a heartbeat
                      It could be neither bruno or caboclo cause hes brazilian haha, he probably has some sorta nickname in brazil that no one has heard about

Comment

End of july i think

Comment

• keefec wrote: View Post
                          Do the raptors have a d league affiliate?? I thought it was like the erie bayhawks are something but not sure

The 2014-2015 season has brought a lot of shuffling with affiliations. We used to have a shared affiliation of the Bakersfield Jam (with several other teams), but the Jam are now affiliated with Phoenix only. Most teams only have one affiliation, except for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants who are shared by the Hornets, Pacers, and Bucks.

Currently, we have no affiliate, meaning that Bruno wouldn't have the opportunity to be developed within our system/structure and his playing time would be determined by a coach with very different priorities than the Raptors.
                          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Go to summer league thread

Comment

• So, interesting. I was just checking out his Liga Americas box-scores. A 5 minutes, 0 pts game. A 9 minutes, 2 pts game. And then this:

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/...18088_2807.asp

30 minutes, 24 points on 11 shots, including 4-of-4 from 3. And then a coaches decision, DNP the rest of the tournament. Back in the Brazillian League after January, He started a few games, performed well, and then was DNP for the last couple months of the season. So it makes sense that nobody had a chance to scout him. Because other than a couple games, he was simply riding the pine. But overall, he produced when he was in there.

At the same time, Masai couldn't have gone down there to watch this kid on the bench. He must have had some assurance that the kid would get playing time on the days he went down to watch. So presumably other scouts could do the same. Any chance that Masai got the team to agree not to showcase him for other NBA teams (in return for a generous buyout, perhaps)?

Further to my conspiracy theory: Reason for thinking Ujiri was at that 24 point game: Ujiri doesn't seem to go to a lot of road games. But the day after that game, Ujiri was in Brooklyn (famously hugging Lowry in the tunnel after the game). Why was he in New York that day? Well, direct flights from Bogota (where Caboclo was playing) to Toronto happen only about once a week, but non-stop flights from Bogota to New York happen daily. So if Ujiri was at that game, it would make sense for him to be in New York the next day.

Okay, that's all the Internet sleuthing I've got.
                              Last edited by octothorp; Fri Jun 27, 2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                On paper, ignoring the out of nowhere aspect, this kid is a stud. 6'9, 7'7 wingspan, youngest player in the draft, willing defender, reasonably athletic, 3 point range. I mean what!?! That's better on paper than most of the lottery.
                                Casey claimed he knows for a fact he is one of the best athletes in this draft. They must have done teh combine testing. He didn't mention vertical, claimed his quickness and ability to cover the floor was off the charts. Lateral quickness with an amazing wingspan is great news.

Comment

Working...
                                X