• Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Prospect that look further away than Bruno
    Gordon
    Payton
    Vonleh
    Payton?
    I didn't watch his game but guy almost put up a triple double.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
      Payton?
      I didn't watch his game but guy almost put up a triple double.
      Watched some of his highlights, he seemed to be a little out of control. I think he'll develop into a good player, but he seemed very raw.

Dribbling a lot with his head down, I noticed at least.

Comment

• This guy basically had a 100% game his two tip in misses were followed by a re-tip and the shot went in, I guess many were wrong about this pick in the first round! Good Pick!
        PCOS Charity

Comment

• phiLLy wrote: View Post
          Watched some of his highlights, he seemed to be a little out of control. I think he'll develop into a good player, but he seemed very raw.

Dribbling a lot with his head down, I noticed at least.
          Unless Payton plays at 150%, he can't score on his own. Defensively he's fine but Demar could shut him down in isolation.

Comment

Unless Payton plays at 150%, he can't score on his own. Defensively he's fine but Demar could shut him down in isolation.
            Payton's a PG.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
              Payton's a PG.
              Point is he isn't a shooting threat or a threat to penetrate. Also, SF take ballhandlers some center can defend guards too.

Comment

• @Jlew1050 Casey on "2 years away from 2 years away" critique of Bruno: "Those people don’t know anything about basketball if that’s what they think"

Comment

• Random question but do we have a consensus on how to pronounce caboclo? I've heard it both with and without the "L". Lord knows I won't learn the correct pronunciation by watching nbatv announcers.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    Random question but do we have a consensus on how to pronounce caboclo? I've heard it both with and without the "L". Lord knows I won't learn the correct pronunciation by watching nbatv announcers.
                    Yeah I think Ujiri said it without the "l" but that sounds weird. I hope it's just ka-bock-low because that's how I say it.

Comment

Prospect that look further away than Bruno
                      Gordon
                      Payton
                      Vonleh
                      Agree, except Payton. He looked like a fucking stud in Summer League. Too bad his hype train went crazy and was totally out of our range at 20

Comment

• 11pts, 3 reb, 1stl and 1 three during 32min of play. MU was at the game.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          Random question but do we have a consensus on how to pronounce caboclo? I've heard it both with and without the "L". Lord knows I won't learn the correct pronunciation by watching nbatv announcers.
                          Caboclo is what we call a child of white and native brazillian parents. Like mulatto is to white/African American mixed kids (don't mean to be insensitive).

Caboclo is also an all encompassing word for simpleton or country bumpkin. The closest translation I guess would be "fella".

Sometimes its spelled caboco (no l) and since its derived from a native word, its correct. but since its a common name and it's spelled with an L, it's pronounced (in Portuguese) " kah-bo(short o, like saying bow without the w)-clue"

In gringo pronunciation it's "ca-bow-clow" ahaha
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            11pts, 3 reb, 1stl and 1 three during 32min of play. MU was at the game.
                            Reporter: what do you like about Bruno?
                            MU: 'Like Fran said, he's 10 years from being 10 years away but hahahaha'
                            I think MU was mocking Fran

Comment

• Winners
                              Bruno Caboclo - He has so much wingspan it would send Jay Bilas into a tizzy. There are rumors that the 6’9” forward has a 7’7” wingspan and I’m here to tell you that’s not a Paul Bunyan-type exaggeration. His hands were almost down to his knees when his arms were at rest and he did a nice job of getting into passing lanes. Plus, his jumper is actually pretty solid and he wasn’t a poor ball handler either. Of course, he has a lot of learning to do. I could see him making an impact in 2015-16.
                              Source: RotoWorld

Comment

• 6'9" and GROWING

How big is too big to play the 3? Gallinari is the only 6'10" wing in the league that I can think of offhand. Does anyone think Caboclo ends up sharing time at the 3 and 4 once he add mass?

Comment

Working...
                                X