No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Given his freakish wingspan, I wonder what his standing reach is?

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      Casey claimed he knows for a fact he is one of the best athletes in this draft. They must have done teh combine testing. He didn't mention vertical, claimed his quickness and ability to cover the floor was off the charts. Lateral quickness with an amazing wingspan is great news.
      Well he is bound grow another inch or 2 and probably will be able to maintain his quickness... Which would make him a freak athlete being 6'11 with similar footspeed than most players who are 6'6

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Given his freakish wingspan, I wonder what his standing reach is?
        Probably around 9 foot lol, watching the videos, I swear he can touch his kneecaps without bending down....

Comment

• I'd be incredibly surprised if this kid is wearing a Raptors jersey next season. It's gonna be telling how he fares in Summer League. I'm pretty sure the defense I witnessed in the clips I viewed was not really close to what he will see this summer. If he can bang around with bigger, faster players, and actually secure a roster spot with the Raps, that would be amazing IMO. But I just can't imagine him getting alot of playing time, and that's probably what he needs to maximize his development. If he can adapt quickly, that would blow my mind, if not then I hope they send him some place where he can get significant minutes.

Comment

• keefec wrote: View Post
            Well he is bound grow another inch or 2 and probably will be able to maintain his quickness... Which would make him a freak athlete being 6'11 with similar footspeed than most players who are 6'6
            How do we know he's going to grow two more inches? I'm happy with 6'9 and 7'7" wingspan, if he stays that height it's still amazing and a great size for a small forward. If he can put on 20-30 pounds of muscle and keep his speed, he could be an elite defender under Casey

Comment

• He has now a FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bruno...606265?fref=ts
              Myself (March 2014):
              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                How do we know he's going to grow two more inches? I'm happy with 6'9 and 7'7" wingspan, if he stays that height it's still amazing and a great size for a small forward. If he can put on 20-30 pounds of muscle and keep his speed, he could be an elite defender under Casey
                Well obviously we don't, but he is not even 19 yet so there is a chance that he does grow, the fact that Giannis Antetokoumpo grew 2 inches throughout last season is sort of influencing the general to think that Caboclo is going to grow as well, but no doubt his frame is already monstrous and would be enough to have the potential to be a lockdown defender in the league

Comment

• http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228529

this dude predicted that he'll be drafted lmao
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Let's all jump on the bandwagon.
                    Myself (March 2014):
                    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228529

this dude predicted that he'll be drafted lmao
                      wth spurs, even their fans have that much knowledge about international emerging prospects.... smh.

Comment

• I mentioned this on another thread i like the pick. Looking at the draft board again. Not really interested in any of the players left after the Harris pick. Napier is a poor man's Kemba Walker. Not a big fan of Anderson and Early's game. You all know what i think of Capela. I'm big on character.

Stokes and McDaniels are 2 players that i like. But they're both undersized at their position.

So yeah i have no problem taking a high risk high reward player at 20. Like i said before, worst case scenario = bench player, which is the norm when you're picking in the 20's. Best scenario = star.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So, I got a few things to say:

1. I'm no longer high on Capela.

2. I like this kid more than Inglis. He's not as strong yet, but he moves way smoother. From the videos I've seen, he makes everything look easy. Inglis is kinda awkward moving around.

3. I don't want him playing for the D-League or Europe or anywhere else. I want proper NBA training staff and skills coaches teaching him how to do things properly. I don't care if he plays 5 minutes or 10 minutes, I think 5 on 5 scrimmages, but most importantly constant oversight and a well laid out, long term development plan is what he needs.

4. I was kind of depressed after Ennis and Harris were taken, there weren't any other great prospects on the board. Napier's gonna be somewhere in between Chalmers (in his good years) and Cole and I'm not just saying that because the Heat grabbed him. Hood is absolute best case a less athletic, taller Ross. Worst case, a slightly more athletic Novak.

5. While this is a swing for the fence move, it's still in keeping with the asset accumulation mindset. This guy's expected outcome (weighted average of all possible outcomes) is better than anyone else's on the board. He's got a higher ceiling and a lower floor, (his distribution has thicker and longer tails) but he's the smart pick, whether or not he pans out, or at least that's the way I see it.
                          Last edited by stooley; Fri Jun 27, 2014, 02:58 PM.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                            So, I got a few things to say:

1. I'm no longer high on Capela.

2. I like this kid more than Inglis. He's not as strong yet, but he moves way smoother. From the videos I've seen, he makes everything look easy. Inglis is kinda awkward moving around.

3. I don't want him playing for the D-League or Europe or anywhere else. I want proper NBA training staff and skills coaches teaching him how to do things properly. I don't care if he plays 5 minutes or 10 minutes, I think 5 on 5 scrimmages, but most importantly constant oversight and a well laid out, long term development plan is what he needs.

4. I was kind of depressed after Ennis and Harris were taken, there weren't any other great prospects on the board. Napier's gonna be somewhere in between Chalmers (in his good years) and Cole and I'm not just saying that because the Heat grabbed him. Hood is absolute best case a less athletic, taller Ross. Worst case, a slightly more athletic Novak.

5. While this is a swing for the fence move, it's still in keeping with the asset accumulation mindset. This guy's expected outcome (weighted average of all possible outcomes) is better than anyone else on the board. He's got a higher ceiling and a lower floor, (his distribution has thicker and longer tails) but he's the smart pick, whether or not he pans out, or at least that's the way I see it.
                            Just a note on Inglis, I read somewhere this morning that he broke his foot. So I agree with your comparison, and then throw in this injury to Inglis, and I'm quite a bit higher on Caboclo at the moment.

Also, on Capela, I always thought he had huge bust potential, and after finding out a bit about Caboclo, don't think Capela was a safer pick at all, especially since Bruno is a humble quiet gym rat, and Capela is an arrogant lazy nutbag.

Comment

• Freakish athlete doesn't equal good player or smart player. He has a edge he was born a freak where he goes from there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Everybody is going to read way too much into summer league...
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X