Page 130 of 137 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 2730

Thread: Everything Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Why do we highly doubt JJ re-signs? We have his early Bird rights and can offer close to the MLE in terms of a contract.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Why do we highly doubt JJ re-signs? We have his early Bird rights and can offer close to the MLE in terms of a contract.
    I think HE would want to re-sign with us, I don't think the Raptors would put him as a priority to bring back. Casey doesn't trust him and limits him. He's only playing because Carroll is injured. What's the point of bringing him back? That's why I think we let him go or trade him if we are really serious about getting this PF.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

But personally I would love to have him back. Especially with his clearly improved 3 point shot. And that Open Gym episode shows us why he has improved his shot as much as he has.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    I think HE would want to re-sign with us, I don't think the Raptors would put him as a priority to bring back. Casey doesn't trust him and limits him. He's only playing because Carroll is injured. What's the point of bringing him back? That's why I think we let him go or trade him if we are really serious about getting this PF.
    Sure, we might trade him. Gotta get salary ballast from somewhere.

But I don't understand the reasoning for the Raptors not wanting him back if he were not to be traded. He's a multi-position versatile backup, who is great with the young players and is able to plug into any role (no minutes, backup minutes, starting) without a hitch, AND provides a top notch defender for situational subs as well. Meanwhile his value is low enough we aren't likely to get outbid this summer and he is one of the few expiring pieces we actually have the ability to offer a raise with his rights, so we can re-sign him without using an exception (which could then be saved for BB or Scola).

5. Like SkywalkerAC, Miekenstien, Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie Masai Uhearme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's too soon for Bruno to get minutes with the big team, his skill level just isn't there yet. Give him the summer to work on some things, get in some summer league games and come into training camp next year ready to play a small role. I think 2017-2018 is his year to actually contribute, and that's okay.

There's absolutely no rush with him, he'll be 22 and ready to play average to big minutes on a playoff team. The years of starting a rookie and letting him learn out there are gone. We have a good team, and we are trying to build a great team through proper development.

Raptors Republic Superstar Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    I think it's too soon for Bruno to get minutes with the big team, his skill level just isn't there yet. Give him the summer to work on some things, get in some summer league games and come into training camp next year ready to play a small role. I think 2017-2018 is his year to actually contribute, and that's okay.

There's absolutely no rush with him, he'll be 22 and ready to play average to big minutes on a playoff team. The years of starting a rookie and letting him learn out there are gone. We have a good team, and we are trying to build a great team through proper development.
    Yeah, I look at this season as his freshman year in college at a mid major. He won't be ready for heavy minutes next year, but 5-10 per game seems reasonable.

His D-League Stats over 24 games:

32 min, 13.6 pts, .380 FG, .344 3PT, 6.5 3PA, .721 FT, 2.5 FTA, 5.8 reb, 1.5 ast, 0.9 stl, 1.8 blk, 1.9 TO, 4 PF, .500 TS%

His high points are 3 point shooting, rebounding, and blocks. He needs to work on his non-3 point shooting offense, as well as getting to the line more. Also, cut down on fouls. Considering the big team would mainly use him for spot up 3pt shooting, rebounding, and defense, he should be able to contribute next year.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope we keep our top 10 pick this year so I don't have to hear fans chanting for Bruno ever again. Shit is embarrassing.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Bruno chants. It's not like people are doing it thoughout the game. It's usually at appropriate times. It must give him confidence and a boost in moral, which will only help in the long run.

11. Like Miekenstien, We Tha North liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter bertarapsfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Also, anyone else follow Bruno on Snapchat? It's pretty funny, although like 75% of it is him making fun of Sim Bhullar haha.
    whats his snapchat name????

Raptors Republic Superstar Katherynne73's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    whats his snapchat name????
    brunofeeh

I'm not on snap, got it off Reddit.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!

Raptors Republic All-Star 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Will Casey be back?
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Will Casey be back?
    If we win one playoff round, almost assuredly. If we do not, almost assuredly not.

16. Like SkywalkerAC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

please don't turn this into another Casey debate

Raptors Republic Superstar Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    please don't turn this into another Casey debate
    Haha, true, we have the #FireCasey and #Don'tFireCasey threads for that.

Raptors Republic Starter 92TillInfinity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    brunofeeh

I'm not on snap, got it off Reddit.
    It's actually BruYes.

Raptors Republic Starter Katman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Has Bruno shown anything after a 1.5 years that he will turn into anything meaningful?

Raptors Republic Starter 92TillInfinity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Katman wrote: View Post
    Has Bruno shown anything after a 1.5 years that he will turn into anything meaningful?
    Yes. He's a, athletic 6'9-6'10 20 year old with a 7'6 wingspan, strong work ethic, and a silky jumper. Has shown good instincts on defense and has made strides with his consistency on that end of the floor. Needs to reign in his shot selection from what I've seen, but so do a lot of players.

Raptors Republic Veteran Barolt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
    Yes. He's a, athletic 6'9-6'10 20 year old with a 7'6 wingspan, strong work ethic, and a silky jumper. Has shown good instincts on defense and has made strides with his consistency on that end of the floor. Needs to reign in his shot selection from what I've seen, but so do a lot of players.
    I think the D-League has grown his skills in leaps and bounds, but it's done some damage to his decision making by giving him too much free reign. Talent is clear, whether he can control it is less so.

Raptors Republic Superstar tDotted's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
    Bruno really isn't that athletic from what I've seen.

Page 130 of 137 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast

Thread Information