Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    I didn't mean just him, could be another star PF like Aldridge, maybe even Griffin if he and Bebe show amazing promise and something crazy happens in LA (but that won't happen).
    damn that's a big jump from Horford to Griffin man hahaha
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I didn't mean just him, could be another star PF like Aldridge, maybe even Griffin if he and Bebe show amazing promise and something crazy happens in LA (but that won't happen).
      I've never understood this fascination with getting another PF. Between Amir, PPat and even Tyler on the bench it happens to be one of our positions of relative strength. Sure, a Kevin Love or Anthony Davis would be an upgrade. But statistically an Al Horford, Blake Griffin or Paul Millsap is the same. Why not a wing upgrade instead, if we must upgrade somewhere?

Note that there is also some salary planning to do here. To be able to afford to pay your established stars you need some cheap rookie contracts as well. Trade away all your rookies, and you have a narrow window to win before sucking for years. A little longevity is more attractive (see Spurs, San Antonio).

Comment

• Kuh wrote: View Post
        I've never understood this fascination with getting another PF. Between Amir, PPat and even Tyler on the bench it happens to be one of our positions of relative strength. Sure, a Kevin Love or Anthony Davis would be an upgrade. But statistically an Al Horford, Blake Griffin or Paul Millsap is the same. Why not a wing upgrade instead, if we must upgrade somewhere?
        I'm not sure which stats are telling you that, but I'm pretty sure our team would get a lot better if any of those three guys played for us.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Note that there is also some salary planning to do here. To be able to afford to pay your established stars you need some cheap rookie contracts as well. Trade away all your rookies, and you have a narrow window to win before sucking for years. A little longevity is more attractive (see Spurs, San Antonio).
          Pretty sure they would make a difference, but I agree with the current contracts on our team it would be hard to maintain unless MLSE is willing to spend big.

But what about the salary cap increase? Shouldn't we be able to have larger contracts with the expected team cap?

Comment

• Now why would an entrenched/mature team gunning for multiple playoff round victories if not a championship trade their all-star (Griffin, Aldridge etc) PFs for a promising 19 yr. old? And we are not even talking a Wiggins here either. Would that do anything for their current playoff aspirations? Actually would Love have been traded (or want to be) if Minn. was capable of reaching the NBA finals?

I get confused sometimes.

Comment

• So Bruno has the worst rating in 2K15 with a 64 (I think, correct me if I'm wrong)

Comment

• Bruno "Brazilian George Gervin"

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

So Bruno has the worst rating in 2K15 with a 64 (I think, correct me if I'm wrong)
                  Holy shit is 2k15 out?
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                    Holy shit is 2k15 out?
                    Nahh, October I believe

Comment

• Live 15 looks soo dope tho, i'm switching over to live. 2K is getting seriously repetitive and boring

Comment

So Bruno has the worst rating in 2K15 with a 64 (I think, correct me if I'm wrong)
                        haha, another record.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                          I'm not sure which stats are telling you that, but I'm pretty sure our team would get a lot better if any of those three guys played for us.
                          I agree they could get a bit better ... not a lot. Here are two core stats to look at:
                          Rebounding: 12.1, 12.7, 10.9, 12.2
                          TS%: 54.5%, 56.5%, 59.2%, 58.8%

Amir is the third column ... so yeah, all of them are better rebounders than he is. Only Horford is as efficient as Amir is in TS%. In terms of defense and setting picks - let alone heart and locker room influence, which I don't have stats for, who would argue that Amir is inferior to the others?

Comment

I agree they could get a bit better ... not a lot. Here are two core stats to look at:
                            Rebounding: 12.1, 12.7, 10.9, 12.2
                            TS%: 54.5%, 56.5%, 59.2%, 58.8%

Amir is the third column ... so yeah, all of them are better rebounders than he is. Only Horford is as efficient as Amir is in TS%. In terms of defense and setting picks - let alone heart and locker room influence, which I don't have stats for, who would argue that Amir is inferior to the others?
                            So then is deandre Jordan the best player ever?
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• ESPN ranked Bruno #455 (they are only 450 spots in the league), so basically they think I'll contribute more to the raptors this season by sitting at home watching the game.

Comment

From what I remember 64 is a decent rating, some players go as low as the 40s. I find it hard to believe Caboclo is the worst, although admittedly I'm just surprised they included him.

Never forgive 2k13 for not including JV originally.

Comment

Working...
                                X