X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACK11 wrote: View Post

Intrigue turns to Hype

Comment

He does remind me of Durant in terms of his reach and ability to shoot three's. Very-durantesque shooting form. The minute Masai said he wanted a big 3 and someone with shot-blocking potential... I though Capella. No one thought this guy
      Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

kopite91 wrote: View Post
        He does remind me of Durant in terms of his reach and ability to shoot three's. Very-durantesque shooting form. The minute Masai said he wanted a big 3 and someone with shot-blocking potential... I though Capella. No one thought this guy
        He should be a insane shot blocker for a SF 6'9 7'7Wingspan!!!!!!!!!!! and he's coming over next season!

Im excited for this guy!

Masai knows you need stars to win in this league and he swung for the fences
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Clearly Masai feels strongly about this kid and he does have a solid track record in the draft. The biggest thing from this is knowing we have a GM whose not running the team to keep his job. I'm pretty sure most GM's in Masai's position wouldn't have the balls to make that pick. Good on Masai on making sure he got his guy even if he probably reached a little.

Comment

Exactly. Picks around the 20s and after are usually run-of-the-mill, rotation guys who'd be lucky to play 7-8 seasons in the NBA. Instead of going for the same old, American college player... this pick was thinking outside the box and taking a gamble on a pick that could be a homerun. Plus Masai is still actively involved in Basketball Without Borders and he's noticed many talents in the past like Greivis and Gorgui Dieng through the BWB program. So i'm sure he's knows this kid better than anyone through the BWB program and strongly feels about him. Question I have is did the kid not do any workouts at all or did one for the Raptors before he was guaranteed by them that they'd draft him.

Comment

So they swung for the fences at a position in the draft where it is very hard to come away with a stud. I hope he works out.

The fact that he's the 20th pick overall should temper people's expectations a little too I would hope.

Comment

Exactly. Picks around the 20s and after are usually run-of-the-mill, rotation guys who'd be lucky to play 7-8 seasons in the NBA. Instead of going for the same old, American college player... this pick was thinking outside the box and taking a gamble on a pick that could be a homerun. Plus Masai is still actively involved in Basketball Without Borders and he's noticed many talents in the past like Greivis and Gorgui Dieng through the BWB program. So i'm sure he's knows this kid better than anyone through the BWB program and strongly feels about him. Question I have is did the kid not do any workouts at all or did one for the Raptors before he was guaranteed by them that they'd draft him.
                Doesn't that remind you of Reggie Jackson few years back?

Guess the Raptors were really high on him and don't see much potential in the other guys in the draft... Their plan was to draft Ennis at 20 and make the Prince trade to grab Caboclo at 22... At the same time the Raptors didn't do the Nappier trade with the HEAT meaning that they probably felt that he would be gone by 26. This could a controversial pick, but I have no problem with Masai taking someone who has potential to be a top 10 player in this year's draft rather than to play safe with it.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  So they swung for the fences at a position in the draft where it is very hard to come away with a stud. I hope he works out.
                  There are 2 questions that need to be asked here:

1) Why does this team , with few young talents and couple of good pieces, need to swing for the fans at this stage of team development?

2) Why couldn't they move down and collect more asset while minimizing their risk for this " Swing for the fence" approach?

I guess summer league will answer some of these questions

Comment

I can't seem to find much info on him. If people thought Dante Exum was mysterious... this dude is even more fictional than chupacabra. I expect him to be in summer league, what happens after that? D-League?

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post

1) Why does this team , with few young talents and couple of good pieces, need to swing for the fans at this stage of team development?

2) Why couldn't they move down and collect more asset while minimizing their risk for this " Swing for the fence" approach?

My assumption is that Masai doesn't wanna go with anyone that's "safe" and that will contribute just so that the team can keep competitive because the Raptors' is a 2nd round playoff team at best. Masai probably wants to collect young players with high ceilings that the Raptors can develop and the team will have a real shot at competing for championship in 4-5 years of time. If the Raptors keep showing to be better than they are, then it's great, but I think this is the direction that Masai is going and last season's result was not expected. I see more changes on the team in the next few weeks

Comment

What was more shocking was to see Kyle Anderson fall to San Antonio. Kyle Anderson and the Spurs should go together like Rob Ford and speedballs.

Comment

I can't seem to find much info on him. If people thought Dante Exum was mysterious... this dude is even more fictional than chupacabra. I expect him to be in summer league, what happens after that? D-League?
                          Probably, think NBA level of competition is going to put too much pressure on him to improve. He has a lot to learn about the game from what I've watched

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post

1. This is the perfect time to roll the dice in the back end of the draft. This team still has a long wait before its a contender even if everything goes right.

2. It's the #20 pick, what assets are you expecting? Cash? 2nd round draft picks? What's the point?

Comment

If you guys think about it , this guy may be a better prospect than Andrew Wiggins. We know he's an athletic phenomenon like Wiggins, but he also has size (7'7 wingspan), something Wiggins doesn't have

Both of these two are extremely raw, but I'm hearing that Bruno is a really good shooter?

If Bruno played in NCAA, where would he have gone? Top 3?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                                If you guys think about it , this guy may be a better prospect than Andrew Wiggins. We know he's an athletic phenomenon like Wiggins, but he also has size (7'7 wingspan), something Wiggins doesn't have

Both of these two are extremely raw, but I'm hearing that Bruno is a really good shooter?

If Bruno played in NCAA, where would he have gone? Top 3?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                You have to watch his tape before you can say that he could be better the #1 overall pick. Wiggins is a bit raw, but Caboclo is beyond raw. You'd probably compare his skill level to a high school sophomore's, so I will give him probably 2 years to get 15 minutes of playing time or so per game. His skill level is not sufficient enough to compete in Division I basketball imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X