Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

for a guy that's so incredibly unpolished he sure does have a smooth stroke + quick release
    @jerboat

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    I completely disagree with this mindset (as well as the belief that we are "stacked" on role players), because the great teams in my basketball watching life have always taken good-great players that fit their system with late picks, where as the bad teams kept swinging for the fences every time. When you swing for the fence everytime sometimes you hit a homerun, but it's usually a solo homerun. You have your core, now get the role players through the draft at position 20, 24, 28, etc.

Lebron's not walking through the door at pick 20, but Kurt Thomas, Boris Diaw, Derek Fisher, Chuck Hayes are...
    We have "a" core. Not the one we want. Let's be real, our current core is not good enough to win a title, ever, period end of story, not happening.

We need to add another star level talent somehow. Whether that's swinging big in the draft, accumulating assets for trade, or free agency. Role players are easy to get, stars aren't.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    part of the reason he was still effective for so long

the maxiel wingspan is baffling
    Must suck for these guys to get fitted for suits. Pant legs as sleeves.

Impossible to find a comfortable driving seat position.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm compiling a list of all the people hating on this pick for 2-3 years from now when this guy is balling out of control for us.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They're also great because they gave their elite talent role players to help them.
    Role players are a dime a dozen, and you can trade for them and sign them (which is more often than not what happens) as well as draft them.

6. Like imanshumpert liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

for a guy that's so incredibly unpolished he sure does have a smooth stroke + quick release
    Agreed. From the few videos I've seen, he seems like less of a project than originally portrayed.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Role players are a dime a dozen, and you can trade for them and sign them (which is more often than not what happens) as well as draft them.
    This, they are easy as hell to get. I don't even see the point of drafting a role player in the draft unless you're a championship/contender level team looking to cut costs to fill out your bench. We are not that, so we need to draft for high potential.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess where that puts Bruno?
    Marshon brooks is a surprise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I'm compiling a list of all the people hating on this pick for 2-3 years from now when this guy is balling out of control for us.
    So you can prove to them that your ability to randomly choose one opinion is better than their ability to randomly choose an opinion?

No one on this board knows if this guy will be good or bad, the most anyone on this board has seen of him is the DX video and one workout video. That's 1 edited game and 1 workout showing dunks. If you're ready to form an opinion off of that, in either direction, then your opinion isn't worth much.

11. Like Just Is liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Agreed. From the few videos I've seen, he seems like less of a project than originally portrayed.
    Needs a lot of work on defense or else he will get fouled out like with less than 10 minutes of play time. I like his anticipation on d though just gotta be smarter in general

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So you can prove to them that your ability to randomly choose one opinion is better than their ability to randomly choose an opinion?

No one on this board knows if this guy will be good or bad, the most anyone on this board has seen of him is the DX video and one workout video. That's 1 edited game and 1 workout showing dunks. If you're ready to form an opinion off of that, in either direction, then your opinion isn't worth much.
    I'm not really claiming to know anything, I just think it's hilarious how people are condemning the pick just because it's not who they wanted/expected.

I'm praising the pick because I like swinging for the fences and going for high potential guys. Nobody knew who the fuck Manu Ginobili was either when he was drafted.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah he seems a little lost on D. he's got the motor and desire, but just needs the fundamentals and organization. this is where Casey will really help.

not with playing time though hahaha oh god not with playing time
    @jerboat

15. Like Just Is, blackjitsu, mcHAPPY, Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I'm not really claiming to know anything, I just think it's hilarious how people are condemning the pick just because it's not who they wanted/expected.

I'm praising the pick because I like swinging for the fences and going for high potential guys. Nobody knew who the fuck Manu Ginobili was either when he was drafted.
    Fair enough. I hope so too, and even if he's not whiffing on a #20 isn't the worst thing in the world.

I hope he makes it over for Summer League so we can get a better look at him.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's just hope Bruno gets like 7min/game next season

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough. I hope so too, and even if he's not whiffing on a #20 isn't the worst thing in the world.

I hope he makes it over for Summer League so we can get a better look at him.
    Masai already said he's coming to play in summer league and he's gonna workout in LA with Amir, TROSS, DD and our coaching staff

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

lol anyone else notice who his team mate is early in that draftexpress video? I had to double take, then google the roster, but sure enough, Rafael Araujo! Lol
    I dont know whether to laugh or cry at this point ?!

Post Thanks / Like

How long until Bruno packs on the 15lbs of Raptor summer muscle ? LMAO
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

"I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game."

Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    How long until Bruno packs on the 15lbs of Raptor summer muscle ? LMAO
    Or fat, to my understanding he was coming from a poor family, might get over excited in america haha
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

After watching all the video, Fran's 2 years away from being 2 years away comment sounds like he'd never watched any footage or seen him live. Masai saw Bruno play 3 times in person, and he worked out for us. This is just Masai out-hustling everyone, NBA scouting staffs, mock draft websites and ESPN journalists. Although not every team, since Bruno was rumored to be going 23 to Utah if we didn't take him.

I was stunned at first when the pick was made, only because Bruno wasn't even listed on draftexpress or nbadraft.net's mocks. Once I saw the footage and read about him, I like him more than a Napier or Capela. We've all been pissing and moaining about needing a big SF to guard the Lebron's and Durant's out there, well now we have one. I'm sure they could post him up but they're not shooting jumpers over those freaky stretch armstrong limbs. Also, please watch the videos to see his vicious blocks. It looks like guys are about to lay it in and then all of a sudden the ball shoots away from the rim and Bruno is standing 6 feet away since his arms are that damn long.

23. Like S.R., Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Repeating what I already said:

Caboclo is the Giannis Antetokounmpo of the draft. He is a mix of a few players (Peja/Gallo/Ginobli all come to mind for me via videos) and I think he'll be more ready then people think. I feel like he'll need to adapt, but if he can do that in the Summer League and Training Camp, he may get a good shot here. I can't wait to see him play and maybe he'll end the year starting or as our 6th/7th man.

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information