Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    After watching all the video, Fran's 2 years away from being 2 years away comment sounds like he'd never watched any footage or seen him live. Masai saw Bruno play 3 times in person, and he worked out for us. This is just Masai out-hustling everyone, NBA scouting staffs, mock draft websites and ESPN journalists. Although not every team, since Bruno was rumored to be going 23 to Utah if we didn't take him.

I was stunned at first when the pick was made, only because Bruno wasn't even listed on draftexpress or nbadraft.net's mocks. Once I saw the footage and read about him, I like him more than a Napier or Capela. We've all been pissing and moaining about needing a big SF to guard the Lebron's and Durant's out there, well now we have one. I'm sure they could post him up but they're not shooting jumpers over those freaky stretch armstrong limbs. Also, please watch the videos to see his vicious blocks. It looks like guys are about to lay it in and then all of a sudden the ball shoots away from the rim and Bruno is standing 6 feet away since his arms are that damn long.
    Yeah thats what im thinking as well Fran has absolutely no idea who Bruno was just like us and made something up when the camera was on him because he was supposed to know all the international players
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Fair enough. I hope so too, and even if he's not whiffing on a #20 isn't the worst thing in the world.

I hope he makes it over for Summer League so we can get a better look at him.
    He will be there, he is going to meet the media tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Let's just hope Bruno gets like 7min/game next season
    I think that would be a stretch, depending how good/bad the raptors are. I think the nba competition will scare him a little bit because the level of competition is just way too different from where he came from. It could be dangerous in killing his self esteem realizing how bad he could look in the nba. Raptors should develop him step by step and not rush it, he has all the potential in the world to become a valuable asset and the last thing you want is to have him giving up. He is still relatively new to the game

Raptors Republic Rookie RepTdot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Video footage of Uriji's first meeting with Bruno lol guys it all makes sense...Masai always said "the air up there" was his favourite basketball movie, he's just trying to re-enact it! except instead of Africa we got Brazil

Post Thanks / Like

@RaptorsMR: Numbers for the new @Raptors: Bruno Caboclo - #5 and DeAndre Daniels - #22. #RTZ

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote swingman wrote: View Post
    Does anyone have anything on his shooting ability? From what I've seen he can hit a 3, but there's not a huge consensus on how consistent it is.
    I think the stat I saw was that he shot the 3 at 39% in the Brazilian league.
    I also saw a stat of 67% somewhere ... but that is probably in a tournament/on a few games only.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote keefec wrote: View Post
    I think that would be a stretch, depending how good/bad the raptors are. I think the nba competition will scare him a little bit because the level of competition is just way too different from where he came from. It could be dangerous in killing his self esteem realizing how bad he could look in the nba. Raptors should develop him step by step and not rush it, he has all the potential in the world to become a valuable asset and the last thing you want is to have him giving up. He is still relatively new to the game

Well, using Giannis as a comparable. They both came into the league with about the same amount of experience, and at the same age. Giannis averaged 25 minutes a game last year, albeit on the worst team in the NBA. I don't think it's outlandish to think Bruno will get 15+ minutes per game. The only one I see stealing his minutes is our other draft choice, Daniels.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Kuh wrote: View Post
    I think the stat I saw was that he shot the 3 at 39% in the Brazilian league.
    I also saw a stat of 67% somewhere ... but that is probably in a tournament/on a few games only.
    He averaged 67% FG. 40% from 3. In whatever Brazilian league he played in.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quirk wrote: View Post
    His instagram says his last name Fernandez... ?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, using Giannis as a comparable. They both came into the league with about the same amount of experience, and at the same age. Giannis averaged 25 minutes a game last year, albeit on the worst team in the NBA. I don't think it's outlandish to think Bruno will get 15+ minutes per game. The only one I see stealing his minutes is our other draft choice, Daniels.
    I think giannis is a bit more nba ready coming in, the bucks were awful and they had inconsistent lineups throughout the year so its hard to think how much minutes giannis wouldve had if he was elsewhere. I think the raptors might be better off sending him to d league where the level of competition is more comparable and he would have more exposure and minutes, which is important to a guy that started playing basketball not too long ago rather than hoping that we will be able to give him garbage time night in and night out

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    His instagram says his last name Fernandez... ?
    He's Brazilian, they have 18 different names and he'll eventually end up being called by just one. I'm hoping he follows in Hulk's footsteps and picks a superhero one. I'd love a Raptors Batman jersey.

13. Like S.R., blackjitsu, ceez liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote keefec wrote: View Post
    I think giannis is a bit more nba ready coming in, the bucks were awful and they had inconsistent lineups throughout the year so its hard to think how much minutes giannis wouldve had if he was elsewhere. I think the raptors might be better off sending him to d league where the level of competition is more comparable and he would have more exposure and minutes, which is important to a guy that started playing basketball not too long ago rather than hoping that we will be able to give him garbage time night in and night out
    This is where having our own D-League affiliate would come in handy. Instead, we would have to send Bruno to another teams affiliate and his development won't be prioritized the way it should be. Raptors can certainly have Bruno spend some time in the D-League, but I would rather have him play 10 minutes a game in the NBA while developing properly, than play 25 minutes a night in the D-League and not have him prioritized.

15. Like blackjitsu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

oh god if he starts going by just "Bruno" i'll buy his jersey in a heartbeat
    @jerboat

17. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

He averaged 67% FG. 40% from 3. In whatever Brazilian league he played in.
    The profile the Raptors released certainly makes it look like 67% from 3, but that does seem unlikely.

Edit: Oh, I guess that's in LIGA Americas that he averaged 67%. My understanding is Liga Americas is a tournament of top latin-american teams, sort of like Eurocup.
    Last edited by octothorp; Fri Jun 27th, 2014 at 01:07 PM.
    tank-agnostic

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

K... can we watch him play yet?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

When does Summer League start?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shantz wrote: View Post
    This is where having our own D-League affiliate would come in handy. Instead, we would have to send Bruno to another teams affiliate and his development won't be prioritized the way it should be. Raptors can certainly have Bruno spend some time in the D-League, but I would rather have him play 10 minutes a game in the NBA while developing properly, than play 25 minutes a night in the D-League and not have him prioritized.
    Do the raptors have a d league affiliate?? I thought it was like the erie bayhawks are something but not sure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 007 wrote: View Post
    When does Summer League start?
    sometime before Fall

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    oh god if he starts going by just "Bruno" i'll buy his jersey in a heartbeat
    It could be neither bruno or caboclo cause hes brazilian haha, he probably has some sorta nickname in brazil that no one has heard about

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information