DeAndre Daniels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

007 wrote: View Post
    Daniels is going to get a lot of minutes hopefully, and if he is tasked with leading the team in the playoffs like Ennis was then that should help with playing under pressure, like in the NBA playoffs.
    he already won a championship at uconn. i doubt playing in aussie NBL is going to be 'like in the nba playoffs' at all.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
      he already won a championship at uconn. i doubt playing in aussie NBL is going to be 'like in the nba playoffs' at all.
      Agreed, I think the Toronto Raptors summer league team can kick this Perth team butt unfortunately. Therefore I fully expect Daniels to put up really good numbers on this team.

Comment

I'm just glad he's willing to do it without so much as a peep. Good on him for doing his best and listening to management.

Comment

Hope he develops into a Matt Barnes type backup wing.

Comment

Due to the short season there, this is probably a "make good" situation where he can earn some money (without going too far outside his cultural comfort zone), then return to the lower pay but better coaching/competition and more direct team supervision of the D-League.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He needs time at the 3. Any time he can get there at any level will help. 4 months in Australia to get adjusted to the position, and then a short stint in the D-League sounds like a solid chance to develop a SF game.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

wow the wildcats owner looks like he's from the jurassic period.

Comment

I really like the fact that the team knows one of their main goals for DeAndre is development. They want to win, but if they want to keep getting fringe NBA guys, development is key!
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

"We will get a championship" - Daniels
                      Myself (March 2014):
                      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Does he say when?
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                          Does he say when?
                          This season. He was talking about his Australian team

Comment

The format was an unqualified success last year in Sydney with Perth Wildcats claiming the Cup and their star forward James Ennis winning the Borner Medal.

Ennis subsequently went on to be in the league’s All Star Five and led Perth to the championship before being signed by the NBA’s Miami Heat.

He has set a high bar for new Wildcats import DeAndre Daniels, who joins Perth after being drafted at 37 by the Toronto Raptors this year.

“Everyone’s different, your players are different … He’s not James (Ennis), we don’t want him to be James we want him to be ‘Dre (DeAndre), and we want ‘Dre to give us what he’s good at,” Wildcats managing director Nick Marvin said.

DeAndre shoots at the basket.
                            Daniels is good at dunking and at 206cm, will present match-up problems for most of the NBL’s small forwards.
                            Last edited by godkingleonidas; Thu Aug 28, 2014, 02:31 AM.

Comment

The chairman is so old!

Comment

Daniels underwent surgery today to remove a bonespur from his elbow:

"Perth Wildcats star import DeAndre Daniels has undergone surgery to remove a small bone fragment from his right elbow.
                                The injury was revealed during the Wildcats initial screening process of its new players.
                                With the 2014/15 NBL season more than five weeks away, the club opted to have the joint repaired surgically rather than preventatively maintain the issue throughout the season.
                                This will allow Daniels to fully develop as a player and give the Perth Wildcats the best possible chance of winning back-to-back Championships.
                                The 22-year-old is expected to be discharged from hospital later today.
                                Daniels will re-join his teammates in the next week and begin the rehabilitation process, which is expected to take four to six weeks."

http://www.wildcats.com.au/article/i...91f5qmjn3l1b0h

Will possibly miss the first few weeks of the season, but should still get lots of run in Perth.
                                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Working...
                                X